Author Topic: The Lettuce Cat is so last week. Mock me for being behind the times. Lounge: Chill and talk about what is going on in your world  (Read 14821 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
So I figured this would be a good topic to just sit back and unwind about what everyone is up to and where everyone is in life.   Just catch up and relax and just enjoy everyone's company.

I guess I can start.

I am in the process of starting to move to Mesa once all the paperwork for the voucher goes through. Then I have to find a place for that voucher.   I got a few containers for some of my clothes today from Super Target and some of my DVDs and books.

Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
I spent the last month and a half deep diving into retro gaming. Got a lot of nice pickups. Generally, I’ve done pretty well price-wise. I imagine most people would consider many to be overpays. I was comfortable with paying what I did

Rounded out the Neo Geo Pocket Color collection with Gals Fighters last night.

Apparently, homebrew patches to add D-pad support to Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks has been out for years so I’m eager to try those out.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
Mostly trying to stay warm this winter. I finally saved up enough for a hot tub but now need the electrician to come by and set up the electrical connection for it. I had one before I moved to Colorado and really got used to it. Can't wait to be in warm water again.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
Things are finally starting to line up for me financially so I'm hoping that by this time next month I'll have my shiny new laptop.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
I spent the last month and a half deep diving into retro gaming. Got a lot of nice pickups. Generally, I’ve done pretty well price-wise. I imagine most people would consider many to be overpays. I was comfortable with paying what I did

Rounded out the Neo Geo Pocket Color collection with Gals Fighters last night.

Apparently, homebrew patches to add D-pad support to Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks has been out for years so I’m eager to try those out.

What does your NGPC library look like?

Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Mostly trying to stay warm this winter. I finally saved up enough for a hot tub but now need the electrician to come by and set up the electrical connection for it. I had one before I moved to Colorado and really got used to it. Can't wait to be in warm water again.

Hot tubs are so great.  Had one growing up at my grandparents house.  Also a pool there so at times I would go between the two when I was swimming.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Things are finally starting to line up for me financially so I'm hoping that by this time next month I'll have my shiny new laptop.

Any laptop you are looking at in particular?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Obviously he'll be getting a MacBook Pro considering how much of an outspoken fan he is of Apple.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
By the way, if you don't want the extra filtered text then you could always call this thread the Lettuce Catt Lounge and get around it that way.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
By the way, if you don't want the extra filtered text then you could always call this thread the Lettuce Catt Lounge and get around it that way.

I was going to call this the CatBus thread but I figured that would be going back too far.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
Hot tubs are so great.  Had one growing up at my grandparents house.  Also a pool there so at times I would go between the two when I was swimming.

I used to think of them as just some random luxury item that I could do without, but after living with one for a year it really changed my life. It makes it so easy to relax after a tough day and makes a cold winter so much more bearable. We had a pool in our old house as well but I am not missing that as much. Pools are a lot of work to maintain. If the water goes bad in a hot tub I can just drain it and start over. You can't really do that with a pool.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
I'm looking at the 2021 Acer Predator Helios 300. It's got an option for a 2.5 inch hard drive or SSD in addition to two M.2 slots so the 1tb SSD I got for my current laptop can be reused to double its storage and it has a nice high refresh screen.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
  • Biomotor Unitron
  • Bust-A-Move Pocket
  • Dark Arms: Beast Buster 1999
  • Fatal Fury: First Contact
  • Gals Fighters (paid, not delivered yet)
  • King of Fighters R2
  • The Last Blade
  • Legendary Ogre Battle Gaiden: Prince of Zenobia (Japanese only)
  • Match of the Millennium: SNK vs. Capcom
  • Metal Slug: 1st Mission
  • Metal Slug: 2nd Mission
  • Oh Hanabi (Japanese only)
  • Pac-Man
  • Pocket Tennis
  • Samurai Showdown! 2
  • Sonic the Hedgehog: Pocket Adventure
I have a couple Japanese only games because they came with the system I bought. The language barrier is too high to actually play Ogre Battle. Normally, I like getting US copies, but collecting on NGPC is so expensive, I just picked up whatever English version I could. There are a couple more games that are attainable but not particularly interesting to me (i.e. Dive Alert). After Gals Fighters, I got all the fighting games the system is known for. The only other game I would be interested in is Cotton: Fantastic Night Dreams (which semi-recently got a reboot/remake on Switch/PS4). However, it's $1200 for the English UK version on eBay so back away, not today, disco lady.

There is an Everdrive-like flash cart available which I will probably get eventually to play multiplayer games. I did want at least one legitimate cartridge to show the effort. The link cable was hella expensive. The AC adapter was also pricey (for what it is), but the seller accepted my offer so at least I saved $20. 🥳

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.

I used to think of them as just some random luxury item that I could do without, but after living with one for a year it really changed my life. It makes it so easy to relax after a tough day and makes a cold winter so much more bearable. We had a pool in our old house as well but I am not missing that as much. Pools are a lot of work to maintain. If the water goes bad in a hot tub I can just drain it and start over. You can't really do that with a pool.

Yeah I really miss that pool and there was lots of work to do on it.  Bi-monthly visits by the local pool man.  Now out here in Phoenix there really isn't many pools I go to aside one and that one has pretty much been out of commision since the pandemic started.  It is pretty sad. 
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
I'm looking at the 2021 Acer Predator Helios 300. It's got an option for a 2.5 inch hard drive or SSD in addition to two M.2 slots so the 1tb SSD I got for my current laptop can be reused to double its storage and it has a nice high refresh screen.

I have an Acer but it is a Chromebook 315.  I had a HP Pavilion before that and I had from 2015 til 2020. I had that HP custom made on the site. About 600 bucks in 2015. 
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
  • Biomotor Unitron
  • Bust-A-Move Pocket
  • Dark Arms: Beast Buster 1999
  • Fatal Fury: First Contact
  • Gals Fighters (paid, not delivered yet)
  • King of Fighters R2
  • The Last Blade
  • Legendary Ogre Battle Gaiden: Prince of Zenobia (Japanese only)
  • Match of the Millennium: SNK vs. Capcom
  • Metal Slug: 1st Mission
  • Metal Slug: 2nd Mission
  • Oh Hanabi (Japanese only)
  • Pac-Man
  • Pocket Tennis
  • Samurai Showdown! 2
  • Sonic the Hedgehog: Pocket Adventure
I have a couple Japanese only games because they came with the system I bought. The language barrier is too high to actually play Ogre Battle. Normally, I like getting US copies, but collecting on NGPC is so expensive, I just picked up whatever English version I could. There are a couple more games that are attainable but not particularly interesting to me (i.e. Dive Alert). After Gals Fighters, I got all the fighting games the system is known for. The only other game I would be interested in is Cotton: Fantastic Night Dreams (which semi-recently got a reboot/remake on Switch/PS4). However, it's $1200 for the English UK version on eBay so back away, not today, disco lady.

There is an Everdrive-like flash cart available which I will probably get eventually to play multiplayer games. I did want at least one legitimate cartridge to show the effort. The link cable was hella expensive. The AC adapter was also pricey (for what it is), but the seller accepted my offer so at least I saved $20. 🥳

Nice well rounded library.

If you were curious on more of the history on the NGPC here is a video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hPreq5O3MQ
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
I recently got engaged. It was over Christmas. Figured this was a good place to tell my favorite internet strangers.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
I recently got engaged. It was over Christmas. Figured this was a good place to tell my favorite internet strangers.
Strangers? Pfft, whatever, man. I thought we were cool. Conglaturationz, I guess.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
I am so happy for you nickmitch! May your partnership greatly increase the quality of your lives.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Thanks, you guys! We're very excited!

Strangers? Pfft, whatever, man. I thought we were cool. Conglaturationz, I guess.

C'mon. We're still cool. You know?
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Little update on Mesa.  They called and they told me they needed to go through some things and in a few days to a week they will call us again and let us know what is going on with the voucher.   Fingers crossed in a week or so we get the voucher.    Already packing up my room .  Got my books and CDS, DVDs and game cases packed.  I have a CD case with most of my CDs and I have my Switch case with my games in the case.  Just gotta wash my clothes and pack them away.  Before we go I can tape my dresser shut and just have most of my clothes in it.   Just have to go through my clothes in my door closet and then everything else I have is a vanity table, body sized mirror, side table and one chair and table.  Not to mention my bed of course.

So things are trending well with me with things.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
Good luck with the move BShy. It is going to feel great when you get all settled into your new place.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Good luck with the move BShy. It is going to feel great when you get all settled into your new place.

Yeah I am suppose to hear back from the Housing Athority this week so hopefully something comes of it. I will probably call them today or go out to them on Monday and see what is going on.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.

Yeah I am suppose to hear back from the Housing Athority this week so hopefully something comes of it. I will probably call them today or go out to them on Monday and see what is going on.

and I didn't really hear much for a while till like July where we had to give paystubs from my job at Vox Media.  I am the moderator on Silver Screen and Roll. Been at that job since July 2021.

Speed up to September and I get a voucher and we are looking at places and calling places on if they take a Housing Voucher and most but not all places we had on our list no longer take the voucher even though a month previous they did.   So we found a place after calling 10 other places and it is a good place.  More spacious than my current residence.  There is a sliding door in my closet instead of a walk in door closet. We have a dishwasher, electric stove and a working oven and garbage disposal.  We only have the disposal and gas stove at my Phoenix house.

Glass sliding door in the bathroom for the shower and we have working lights at the new place in the bathroom.   Phx place we have a light that runs on batteries and it is motion sensitive so it shuts off and a shower curtain, 

The living room is bigger with multiple outlets as opposed to 3 working outlets, and we have 5 outlets in the living room/kitchen total and two don't work in the phx house.  I need to go over tomorrow to check the outlets. I can bring my phone charger to check if they work or not. 

But yeah today I had to make a tough choice.   Pay the prorated rent for the next two weeks and the remaining 300 security deposit to get the key or wait to fill out the security deposit  application form, which mom had, when going to pay for the truck and that was going to be a tomorrow thing.  I wanted progress so I took out all my savings from my account and paid the $517 for the remaining 300 security deposit and the 217 for the prorated rent for the next two weeks of October.

I just have to line up the truck and move most large things on the 29th of October.  But till then I have the keys and I can bring small boxes over this week and the start of next week so when the 29th comes I can just get the larger furniture with the truck.
Alexis, she/her/Miss