Author Topic: Blizzard's Overwatch Coming to Switch?  (Read 2404 times)

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
Blizzard's Overwatch Coming to Switch?
« on: August 26, 2019, 11:52:50 AM »

A now-hidden product listing on Amazon for an official Overwatch Nintendo Switch case has revved the rumor mill back to life.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/rumor/51510/blizzards-overwatch-coming-to-switch

Could Blizzard Entertainment's popular Character-based Online Team Shooter be coming to Nintendo Switch? Rumors to that effect aren't new, but a recent product listing on Amazon from official Nintendo accessory manufacturer Power-A has forcefully brought such thoughts to the fore.

For a brief period on Monday, Power A had a public listing on the Amazon store for a Nintendo Switch case themed with orange-colored imagery of the Overwatch logo. Power A is an official partner with Nintendo where Switch accessories are concerned, and has made previous Switch accessories featuring Nintendo franchises, all the more official with the prominent display of Nintendo's own Seal of Quality. One bullet point for the product listing in quetion claimed that it was "Officially licensed by Nintendo and blizzard entertainment."

Overwatch is one of Blizzard's top current properties, an online first-person shooter where players choose to play as characters who have very distinct playstyles and roles, strengths and weaknesses, and then battle it out in team-based combat. However, if true, it wouldn't be the first Blizzard property to come to Nintendo Switch. That honor would go to Diablo 3, which released in November 2018 for the Nintendo Switch.

The Amazon product listing which spawned this flurry of speculation is now no longer available on the Amazon website.

Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
Re: Blizzard's Overwatch Coming to Switch?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2019, 11:20:14 AM »
As the resident "Overwatch for Switch" port beggar I have to say that if this game doesn't come out now I'll never forgive PowerA for this.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2019, 03:57:40 PM »
Out of curiosity, have there even been accessories branded with a game that wasn't on that system?

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2019, 04:51:51 PM »
I'm pretty sure the new 3DS had multiple Splatoon faceplates. That does happen.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2019, 04:53:54 PM »
If this is real, it's just in time for everyone to have stopped caring about Overwatch 2 years ago.

Seriously, this should have been a launch game.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2019, 05:25:13 PM »
If this is real, it's just in time for everyone to have stopped caring about Overwatch 2 years ago.

What better way is there to make people care again than by throwing it on the Switch?
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2019, 05:38:11 PM »

Huh, I had no idea there was an Overwatch 2, and released that long ago even.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2019, 11:49:09 PM »
Overwatch is two thousand and late.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2019, 11:59:48 PM »
Honestly Overwatch is a game that could do really well on Switch. It has much stronger character design than it's potential competitors on the platform.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 12:03:46 AM by pokepal148 »

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2019, 08:25:00 AM »
There's a rumor going around that the next Smash character is going to be announced on 9/12/19, it's going to be a female character, and it's not going to be one of the popularly requested characters. I saw a tweet this morning speculating that maybe Overwatch's D.Va might be that character, and that's the answer to "why NOW?" on Overwatch coming to Switch.

That would be an interesting pick. She's one of my two mains (her and Mercy), so I wouldn't be opposed to her coming to Smash.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2019, 10:01:50 AM »
A few years ago, the Internet turned D.Va into a Dorito-eating basement gremlin which was my favorite meme back then. If she’s the next Smash Bros. newcomer, I approve. Let’s get this taunt/win screen in the game:

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2019, 05:40:31 PM »
There's a rumor going around that the next Smash character is going to be announced on 9/12/19, it's going to be a female character, and it's not going to be one of the popularly requested characters. I saw a tweet this morning speculating that maybe Overwatch's D.Va might be that character, and that's the answer to "why NOW?" on Overwatch coming to Switch.

That would be an interesting pick. She's one of my two mains (her and Mercy), so I wouldn't be opposed to her coming to Smash.
Another option could be Tracer for Smash.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 06:10:16 PM by BeautifulShy »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2019, 06:04:11 PM »

Another option could be Trace for Smash.

Tracer is an option, but honestly the game is pretty full of her type of speedy character already. She'd feel like a Zero Suit Samus pallet swap. D.Va adds more gameplay possibilities with possibly swapping between being in and out of her mech.