Author Topic: A Decade of PGC/NWR: 2007  (Read 10239 times)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: A Decade of PGC/NWR: 2007
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2009, 04:27:11 AM »
There are some expensive ones yes, but on the whole I'd say many of the games available wouldn't cost more than a couple of dollars over their VC prices. That is, the Nintendo system games; I don't really know anything about any of the non-Nintendo system games on offer. However, with the price statement I was really more referring to the games which I wanted to buy wouldn't cost much more than the VC price. I already have Super Mario RPG and don't really have any interest in Sin and Punishment.

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Re: A Decade of PGC/NWR: 2007
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2009, 07:01:18 PM »
Its understandable if you already have the console and the game, and its hooked up to your TV. But like I said, the VC service is mainly for those who are too lazy to connect their old consoles or don't want to look for the old games.

Going back to the topic, 2008 is perhaps going to offer the most interesting retrospective information yet. 2008 was both a great and a bad year for Nintendo. Great because their games and systems kept selling and broke records despite a very, very bleak economic outlook and tough competition. Bad because it seems that the divide between casual and core players was decided and from then on the argument would never die.

Can't wait to offer my thoughts on that!
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer