Author Topic: 5th Annual NWR Live Podcast Telethon for Child’s Play!  (Read 12712 times)

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
Re: 5th Annual NWR Live Podcast Telethon for Child’s Play!
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2014, 05:23:49 PM »
Just for the record, Meta Ridley is the first of the 4 bosses in the Nintendoaire question you encounter because you see him in the Frigrate Orpheon during your escape.

Everyone is wrong, I win.

Offline ClexYoshi

• Passionate Poster
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2014, 01:57:13 AM »
http://spoonyexperiment.com/movie-reviews/wing-commander-movie-review/ This is the final piece I leave this thread with.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2014, 11:48:09 PM »
Hey wait a minute, why is the donation button still up?

Oh well, better late then never.

Offline yoshi1001

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • PIRN-Pokemon Radio
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2014, 09:20:43 PM »
Sorry to hear that you think Pokemon TFM is "trash", Karl-granted, back when I originally saw it, I didn't think it was that good either, but now I actually regard it as being fairly decent (though not without its faults), and I think I understand why it's the cultural touchstone that it is. I'd love to see a Connectivity segment discussing the movie at some point.

As for the actual BOP movie discussion, I'm glad Jonny was there, as I'm not sure the segment would have held together without his factual perspective on the WC franchise and how it relates to the movie. If I had to level one criticism at it, I don't feel it was really all that exciting-for whatever reason, the space combat action didn't grab me-in particular, I didn't like the part near the end where the enemy fleet is getting easily destroyed since the coordinates are already known, something about that just felt like a letdown.
For Pokemon news and interviews, check us out at:

http://pokepress.blogspot.com/

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2014, 10:34:13 PM »
The first and third Pokemon movies have their redeeming qualities I feel. The third one manages to edge the first one out by being much more polished and by having a slightly more interesting plot (even if 4-kids did decide to remove any mention of the closest thing that movie has to a villain having to deal with her parents being divorced.

But even with all of the issues with sloppy dubbing from 4kids (with several characters mistaking one pokemon for another) in TFM the real shitshow is the second one. By god. The only 'good' part of that movie (and by good I mean one of the ultimate examples of 'so bad it's good') Is Ash using a variety of means such as a Pokemon drawn sled and a motorized inflatable raft Team Rocket somehow whipped up in five minutes.

Other then that the second movie is just a sloppy mess with a really bad villain and no real redeeming qualities. It's like an episode of the show only stretched out to an hour and thirty minutes.