Author Topic: E3 2018 Thread. It's over! It's mercifully over!  (Read 27858 times)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
E3 2018 Thread. It's over! It's mercifully over!
« on: February 14, 2018, 07:56:45 PM »
So eÂł is coming up again. It is a bit of a deprecated event for Nintendo, but they still reveal stuff.

What do you predict will be there?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 03:23:56 AM by Linkle Link »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Re: E3 2018 Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 07:58:56 PM »
E3 ain't coming up. We got a ways to go.

That being said, I assume they'll announce Yoshi's release date, tease Prime 4 and Pokemon (which likely won't come out this year), give us a good solid reason to adopt their online service (a la Smash), surprise reveal Pikmin 4, and everyone will complain about how they blew their load in 2017 and that this year looks terrible.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 08:13:38 PM »
Jebus, man. At least wait until May. There’s a chance we make predictions that companies just announce between now and E3.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 09:13:29 PM »
All aboard the E3 2018 Hype Train!

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 09:40:41 PM »
Hell, some of the games we think they'll talk about might be released by then.

But I think the real speculation is: What new amiibo will be announced?  I'm thinking ARMS.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2018, 10:25:46 PM »
If ARMS gets Amiibo support, I'll be extremely happy. Because, you know. I'm a bit surprised it hasn't gotten any yet, with how vibrant the character designs are.

If it doesn't receive any, then we'll at least get a Spring Man/Ribbon Girl one for Smash Switch when that launches.

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2018, 09:29:17 PM »
Besides Metroid Prime 4, I cant think of anything specific. Im hoping for surprises. But E3 is still a long way away.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2018, 11:42:17 PM »
I'm thinking Metroid 4 and Pokemon are a given for the show. In addition to that I'd love to see another Animal Crossing.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2018, 11:48:23 PM »
If ARMS gets Amiibo support, I'll be extremely happy. Because, you know. I'm a bit surprised it hasn't gotten any yet, with how vibrant the character designs are.

If it doesn't receive any, then we'll at least get a Spring Man/Ribbon Girl one for Smash Switch when that launches.

I'm worried if it'll get any at this point.  I would expect amiibo to launch with something game related, but it's not like a sequel is coming any time soon, and I'm not sure what they'd put into a "major update".

Also, knowing Sakurai, he might not go for the obvious Spring Man/Ribbon Girl alts in Smash 5.  I'd almost bet on Helix being in.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2018, 01:24:52 AM »
Nintendo e3 2018 site is live
https://e3.nintendo.com/

81 days to go
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 01:29:05 AM by ThePerm »

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
Re: E3 2018 Thread. Update: Nintendo 2018 E3 Site is Live. 81 days to go
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2018, 02:06:22 PM »
With four weeks to go before E3, I think it's time for some
PIPING
HOT
PREDICTIONS.
I'll limit myself to five (long and wordy segments of text that will have multiple predictions in them).

1) Games we know of that we will see before the end of 2018: Smash Bros., Travis Strikes Again, and Yoshi. Smash will occupy Odyssey's November spot while Travis Strikes Again will be in Xenoblade Chronicles' December spot. Yoshi will either come in August or September, which gives Nintendo a solid lineup for the remainder of 2018. Not a new game, but anticipate some details on the Challenge Mode, New Rare Blades, and Story packs for Xenoblade Chronicles.

2) Games we are unsure of: Either a tease for Metroid Prime 4 or Pikmin 4, unless Pikmin 4 is secretly a crossover with Metroid Prime, where Samus explores the distant planet of Pikmin fame. Either Fire Emblem or Pokemon Switch will have a surprise release date for 2018. Either Pokemon takes an October spot and Fire Emblem is pushed to February 2019 (a tried and true month for the series), or the other way around. But let's be honest, Fire Emblem isn't taking Pokemon's spot. No Bayonetta. Whatever the hell Retro Studios is working on- if it's Star F-Zero Grand Prix, expect it before the end of 2018. Maybe occupying an August slot and pushing Yoshi up to July, or Yoshi being delayed to 2019- either way, both are games that will rightfully die in the summer, further proving that both franchises are irrelevant (but Yoshi will still continue to get games).

3) With no more than three to four Nintendo releases for the rest of the year, expect some large third party ports from Japanese developers in the vein of MHGU and Dark Souls, and some delayed launches of Western third parties. Think things akin to Call of Duty- I would not be surprised if Rock Star announced either a port of GTAV or Red Dead Redemption in anticipation for the sequel.

4) Nintendo will have another pair of Labo Kits for the holiday season, since Labo sold rather well on launch. More variety and options will be a safe bet.

5) Oh yeah, I forgot about that other handheld device that Nintendo has 60 million of out in the wild. We will get a Zelda title using the Link Between Worlds engine, except it won't be garbage like Tri Force Heroes, and one other surprising reveal. Not exactly sure what it will be, but I anticipate two titles maximum announced for the little handheld that could.

As for Smash:
1) Rex and Pyra
2) Captain Toad
3) Spring Man/Ribbon Girl
4) Your least favorite Generation 7 Pokemon
5) Travis Touchdown

Offline segagamersteph

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2018, 06:40:09 PM »
I guess it's too easy to say they will disappoint everyone so I'll try to make real predictions this year.

They will announce a Pokemon game for Switch to release this holiday season, but it won't be a main series game rather something more like Pokemon Go or Stadium or something similar.

That's all I got. I figure there will be a video, trailer, or something on Metroid Prime and that's about all I can expect.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2018, 08:43:44 PM »

Well, my top two previous predictions were to do with Monster Hunter and Smash, so I guess I need to rethink my predictions.

I'm keeping an open mind on the Star Fox Grand Prix rumor, hoping it could be a spiritual successor to Diddy Kong Racing with F-Zero elements. Maybe they think combining F-Zero with Star Fox could make both properties stronger.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2018, 10:21:56 PM »
I for one welcome our HD Federation Force overlords and look forward to swimming in the salt mine that will no doubt be produced.

(Amazing that three years ago Federation Force managed to piss everyone who wasn't me off, and now we'll find out it made someone pregnant last year.)
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
Re: E3 2018 Thread. Update: Nintendo 2018 E3 Site is Live. 28 days to go
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2018, 12:28:24 AM »
Metroid is going to have to look pretty damn good for me to get a Switch. I pretty much figure I'd abstain until revision 2 or 3.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2018, 05:19:02 PM »
Amazing that three years ago Federation Force managed to tick off everyone who wasn't me,
It wasn't just you, I was fine with the game too.

Offline segagamersteph

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2018, 09:55:33 PM »
Why do we need another Metroid Prime anyways? I thought the story was wrapped up. I would prefer a Metroidvania/Super Metroid style game with DK TP style graphics. Or, in a perfect world we could get both but I, for one, would prefer the 2D game.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2018, 12:16:07 AM »
Because first person adventure Metroid is best Metroid.

Kidding, I love Super. But I think I love Prime 1 equally.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2018, 01:10:18 AM »
Bold third party predictions:

GTAV is getting a port

EA is coming back with Soccer and Madden

Call of Duty something will come to the Switch

Capcom will release a Zak and Wiki HD remaster, for PS4 and Xbox only.

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2018, 02:31:15 AM »
So it's looking like a fake-seeming leaked E3 game list has potentially become real through the domains appearing for the new Pokemon games? Named Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee? Supposedly a remake of Yellow with Go built in?

If so we got

-New Punchout
-New F-Zero
-Fallout 3 remaster
-Link's Awakening remake for 3DS
-Metroid Prime 4 is called Renegade

coming on top of the previously announced stuff like new Fire Emblem, Good Feel Yoshi, etc.

Edit: So I guess the Pokemon title leaked separately from the list doc, and it could just be piggy-backing? I dunno, couldn't find it laid out in a cursory search, but probably the Poke leaks are not actually confirmation of anything else.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 02:48:21 AM by MagicCow64 »

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2018, 08:39:47 AM »
No E3 list "leak" is ever true.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2018, 08:42:21 AM »
So it's looking like a fake-seeming leaked E3 game list has potentially become real through the domains appearing for the new Pokemon games? Named Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee? Supposedly a remake of Yellow with Go built in?

If so we got

-New Punchout
-New F-Zero
-Fallout 3 remaster
-Link's Awakening remake for 3DS
-Metroid Prime 4 is called Renegade

coming on top of the previously announced stuff like new Fire Emblem, Good Feel Yoshi, etc.

Edit: So I guess the Pokemon title leaked separately from the list doc, and it could just be piggy-backing? I dunno, couldn't find it laid out in a cursory search, but probably the Poke leaks are not actually confirmation of anything else.

I wouldn't place much stock in the doc leak, personally.  As happy as a new F-Zero announcement would make me, I refuse to believe it's a reality until it's on a store shelf for me to buy.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2018, 09:03:53 AM »
That “leak” is claiming the new F-Zero game is titled “F-Zero SX.” No way that doesn’t set off alarms at Nintendo. F-Zero vehicles are called “machines.” Imagine the tagline for such a game: Ride and grind your SX machine against 15 other players!

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2018, 11:45:43 AM »

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2018, 11:57:58 AM »
That “leak” is claiming the new F-Zero game is titled “F-Zero SX.” No way that doesn’t set off alarms at Nintendo. F-Zero vehicles are called “machines.” Imagine the tagline for such a game: Ride and grind your SX machine against 15 other players!

That would be ridiculous. F-Zero GX had 30.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.