Author Topic: Switch port begging thread  (Read 20146 times)

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
Switch port begging thread
« on: February 08, 2018, 09:00:18 AM »
In the first year or so of the Switch's lifetime we've seen the console receive a lot of (announced, future) ports. Both from Nintendo releasing (enhanced) versions of Wii U games like Mario Kart 8, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze & publishing versions of Skyrim, Bayonetta 1 & 2, Pokkén Tournament... As well as third parties aiming to release things like Wolfenstein The New Colossus, Dark Souls Remastered, updated versions of the World Ends With You, etc.

My question to you guys & gals is: which games (if any) would you like to see ported to Switch? Do you want basically the entire Wii U library to get a second chance on Switch? Are there ports that would sell you on a Switch if you haven't made the jump yet? Do you dislike ports for some reason?

I'll start by throwing out NieR: Automata which I don't think is entirely out of the realm of speculation? Nintendo has a good-to-decent working relationship with PlatinumGames, and Square Enix is releasing other ports to Switch already (The World Ends With You, I Am Setsuna).
Seen a lot of hype for this online, it ranked highly with 2017 GOTYs; and although I don't really know much about it, if it came to Switch I would definitely play this.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Re: Switch port begging thread
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 09:47:48 AM »
The Wii "Rainfall" games.  More specifically, The Last Story and Pandora's Towers since I can play Xenoblade on n3DS.  They can be VC ports or HD remakes, either way.  I'd rather double dip to have them on Switch than watch them collect dust in my backlog.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 09:56:53 AM »
Resident Evil, the 2nd trilogy. 4,5,6
Resident Evil 7
Red Dead Redemption 1
Deus Ex Mankind Divided
Wolfenstein the New Order

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 01:12:50 PM »
What was so wrong with this thread?

I don't really care. Make as many threads on a subject as you want.

Not sure if it could be done on Switch hardware or not but I've always been interested in Shadow of the Colossus and it just had a remake/remaster done which is what I'd prefer to see ported. I still stand by the couple Arkham games I mentioned in the previous thread as willing to purchase those if ported.

Perhaps Xenoblade Chronicles X. I recently bought the BotW DLC but I didn't have enough space in my Wii U's machine memory. So, I started going through and seeing what was on it and what could be removed. So, the Hulu and Amazon Prime apps or stuff like Amiibo Tap Greatest Hits. Still didn't have enough space so I had to get rid of some update files for other games but I noticed the biggest suck of memory was the XCX update file designed to help the game render the environments better. That thing is 10GB. I didn't want to go through the process of redownloading it again so I kept it by getting rid of other updates but, at some point, if I want the rest of my Wii U games to work or have to download other update files, I may have to get rid of it since I don't feel like purchasing a memory storage device just for that one game. Yet, I wonder what the game will perform like without it. Porting it to Switch might allow the game to run better than it can on Wii U. Although they may want to look into enlarging the text onscreen for various parts as I recall many people complaining about it being hard to see on the TV let alone on the gamepad.

On the subject of Xenoblade, I'd still be open for a port collection of the Xenosaga and Xenogears series as well. Why not bring the whole Xeno series together?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 01:29:34 PM by Linkle Link »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2018, 03:19:08 PM »
What was so wrong with this thread?

Turns out I'm very consistent.

The "Rainfall" games would be good for me, since I bought those on Wii and have yet to play them.

Also, Tropical Freeze for reasons others have stated.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't a Rayman Legends port announced?  I remember not finishing this game, so I would be willing to give it another go.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2018, 05:16:27 PM »
Insert me moaning about Monster Hunter for the 20th time. We need a port of World, a localization of XX, or a new game made for Switch, and we need it pronto. I know World just dropped, but I'm hoping we see something about MonHun on Switch at E3.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2018, 08:58:38 PM »
Why not Paper Mario: Color Splash?

A port of the best Wii U game, scratch that, the best game in existence, period, should be a no-brainer. Plus, they could get Intelligent Systems to do it themselves, since apparently they’re currently working on nothing of worth.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2018, 09:03:01 PM »
I can easily see the entire Resident Evil library coming to Switch. First - Capcom love to resell RE games, but second, the RE Revelations remaster sold as much on Switch as it did on Xbone and PS4 *combined* - even though at this time, combined, those consoles have about 9x the install base as Switch.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2018, 09:17:04 PM »
Keep in mind if you port-beg enough we'll end up with Crash Bandicoot.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2018, 09:41:44 PM »
That's apparently already happening.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2018, 10:10:22 PM »
Yeah, but guys.

Color Splash

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2018, 11:52:59 PM »
Yeah, but guys.

Color Splash

I need to finish Color Splash. Paper Mario games are always a little too long

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2018, 12:00:23 AM »
Luckily you’ll be exploiting some of the best [action-adventure] combat mechanics known to man! The game should fly by like a piece of crumpled up paper containing ideas for a turn-based RPG with style and substance as it is discarded into the trash bin at Intelligent Systems’ offices!

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2018, 12:09:41 AM »
Disney Afternoon Collection and Okami HD.  I mean, seriously Capcom, a collection of popular 8 bit retro platformers and a Zelda clone, and they release it on every system expect the one with the largest audience for said games.

Now with the Switch getting both Mega Man Collections later this year I'd hope both of the above will show up as well.  But I'm still going to keep calling out Capcom until they're finally announced.

Of course while I'm at it I'd also want Capcom to bring over Devil May Cry HD Collection as well.  With Nintendo releasing Bayonetta 1+2 and we have a third game announced, it would be smart of Capcom to take advantage of this by releasing the DMC games on the Switch to appeal to said audience.  They can even put right on the box, from the creator of Bayonetta to make sure everyone knows these games are very similar to literally try and ride the Bayonetta 3 hype train for their own gain.  It's a win Capcom so get to it.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2018, 01:15:32 AM »
Why not Paper Mario: Color Splash?

A port of the best Wii U game, scratch that, the best game in existence, period, should be a no-brainer. Plus, they could get Intelligent Systems to do it themselves, since apparently they’re currently working on nothing of worth.

I'm not surprised you mentioned Color Splash. I was just reading through your website yesterday (Really Passionate Gaming) and saw your article that just did on Paper Mario. I was taken aback by your stance that RPG Paper Mario was a mistake and trash compared to the action adventure of later games like the pinnacle of the series, Color Splash, but your arguments won me over and so now I must agree. Color Splash port or the Switch is a failure.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2018, 01:51:45 AM »
Disney Afternoon Collection and Okami HD.  I mean, seriously Capcom, a collection of popular 8 bit retro platformers and a Zelda clone, and they release it on every system expect the one with the largest audience for said games.

Now with the Switch getting both Mega Man Collections later this year I'd hope both of the above will show up as well.  But I'm still going to keep calling out Capcom until they're finally announced.

Of course while I'm at it I'd also want Capcom to bring over Devil May Cry HD Collection as well.  With Nintendo releasing Bayonetta 1+2 and we have a third game announced, it would be smart of Capcom to take advantage of this by releasing the DMC games on the Switch to appeal to said audience.  They can even put right on the box, from the creator of Bayonetta to make sure everyone knows these games are very similar to literally try and ride the Bayonetta 3 hype train for their own gain.  It's a win Capcom so get to it.

I'm with you Luigi Dude. Especially since Capcom gave a bunch of hints they were working on a lot for the Switch, it is odd how limited their output has been at this time. Again hoping that we will be pleasantly surprised at E3.
My Game Collection

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2018, 02:40:07 AM »
It's not really port begging since it's already on Switch, but I'd very much like to beg for a localization of Phantasy Star Online 2.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2018, 08:14:49 AM »
Just dropping in to beg for Overwatch and Fortnite on Switch.

Also, Chance The Rapper: https://twitter.com/chancetherapper/status/961120896625848320?lang=en
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2018, 08:34:54 AM »
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
Super Mario 3D World
Super Mario Galaxy HD Collection
Wii Sports Club
No More Heroes HD Collection
The good Resident Evil games

And hear me out...

New Super Mario Bros. Collection as in every NSMB title including Super Luigi U and Super Mario Run (still auto-run, but you can play it with a controller or touchscreen). That’s like $10 per game. This is pretty much the only way I’d double dip on any of those games.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2018, 09:09:49 AM »
HD remake of Disaster: Day of Crisis redone with traditional controls.
Seiken Densetsu 3. Yes, I know it's on the Switch in Japan, but a western release is long overdo.
Goemon's Great Adventure
Virtual On. I don't know which one, but using 2 joycons to control the mech would bring back that twin-stick arcade feel I so miss.
Mission...complete?

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2018, 11:12:42 AM »
New Super Mario Bros. Collection as in every NSMB title including Super Luigi U and Super Mario Run (still auto-run, but you can play it with a controller or touchscreen). That’s like $10 per game. This is pretty much the only way I’d double dip on any of those games.

That's not a bad idea honestly! Call it New Super Mario All Stars or something. But wouldn't they just make a new one instead? Even NSMBU still managed to shift 5.75 million units, and most of the other ones were successful too... Then again Mario Kart 8 passed the 8 million mark and they successfully repackaged that too.

To be honest I kinda wonder how you'd handle a brand like NSMB in a post-Mario Maker world. They really need to step up their level design in my opinion if they're making a new one. Probably ditch the artstyle too. So yeah maybe a collection could be in the cards as an easier option.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2018, 11:20:42 AM »
Call it New Super Mario All Stars or something.
I can’t believe I didn’t think of that.
But wouldn't they just make a new one instead?
whydontwehaveboth.gif

I’d rather Nintendo move away from the New Super Mario Bros. series for the next 2D Mario platformer. The series has run its course outside of Super Mario Maker.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2018, 08:43:12 PM »
Just dropping in to beg for Overwatch and Fortnite on Switch.

Also, Chance The Rapper: https://twitter.com/chancetherapper/status/961120896625848320?lang=en

They never ruled out a port of Overwatch, so it could happen down the road. Only hurdle they mentioned was keeping the updates for ALL of their platforms was already a large endeavor, so they didn't want to add to that load without thorough planning. Would be awesome if they managed to pull off cross platform play with the other consoles too.
My Game Collection

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2018, 09:09:04 PM »
I’d rather Nintendo move away from the New Super Mario Bros. series for the next 2D Mario platformer. The series has run its course outside of Super Mario Maker.

As Breath of the Wild and Odyssey show, Nintendo certainly takes note of what people didn't like in the previous installments.  Just like the tepid reaction to Mario 3D World caused them to change course, I doubt they were happy with the reaction to NSMB 2 and U.  Especially on the 3DS where NSMB 2 did 12 million units while Mario Kart 7 did over 16 million.  In comparison on the DS, NSMB sold 30 million while Mario Kart did 23 million.  For 2D Mario which is suppose to be more accessible with wider appeal to loss more of its audience then Mario Kart I'm sure caused them to make some changes.

So at the very least I expect an increase in production values and a wider variety of new level settings never seen in a 2D Mario before.  Plus I doubt they'll even call it New anymore since the brand is no longer the hot one it was during the Wii/DS era, so like the Wii they'll drop it and call the next 2D Mario something different to get the mass audience attention again.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2018, 01:06:48 AM »
Tepid reaction? 3D World is still one of the highest rated Wii U games, and for a good reason. It's the best linear 3D platformer EAD has made. The people who whine about it not being a "true 3D Mario game" are just overly-entitled.

The best thing they could possibly do is ditch the "New" Mario Bros. style and offer something a bit more organic and unique that still fits the confines of the series' level design. I am a huge proponent of utilizing Wario in a title like this, as he hasn't had his due in a long while.