Author Topic: Wishing...  (Read 4421 times)

Offline moet36

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
Wishing...
« on: January 31, 2018, 10:06:47 PM »

I was playing Wii bowling last night with my family and we had a great time. They aren't the type of people who play video games in the first place but they really like the Wii. Anyway, while we were playing bowling my dad said it would be nice if we could play music with the Wii while we were playing... I guess it would be nice if Nintendo took a page out of Microsoft's playbook and added a music channel and allowed us to store music on the Wii and pull it into the games, much like Excite Truck...

Anyway, here's wishing...

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Wishing...
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 10:22:36 PM »
Either you’re horribly out-of-date, or you just have very, VERY specific wishes.

Anyway, a man can dream.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 10:23:11 PM »
Hey they did it for Endless Ocean, it may make a comeback!

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2018, 11:18:24 PM »
I just warned you guys about Spambots copying old threads and OPs but apparently nobody listened to me or took my warning seriously.

Here's the original Wishing thread. If these spambots are just going to copy old threads, I'd rather they want back to the old ways of posting and bumping an old thread since at least that way we'd get to relive all the posts and memories associated with a thread.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2018, 01:32:50 AM »
You're just mad that the bots are doing a more effective job of getting people to see old posts than you did with your stickied old Funhouse topics.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2018, 01:41:47 AM »
Nice!

I actually feel bad for ThePerm and Unclebob. Makes it harder to bump old topics when they've been repackaged as fresh topics.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2018, 09:47:55 AM »
Here's the original Wishing thread. If these spambots are just going to copy old threads, I'd rather they want back to the old ways of posting and bumping an old thread since at least that way we'd get to relive all the posts and memories associated with a thread.

We can still relive old threads if someone keeps posting the link to the original.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2018, 11:01:12 AM »
Didn't Nintendo announce this feature yesterday? Wii Sports has outsold everything on the Switch, so I think they're going back to add in music.

Offline hannahburreh

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • BizSet
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2018, 02:24:58 AM »
The Wii system is over 11 years old system, so I think it's better to wish for something with at least a slightest chance of happening. Anyway - nowadays you can play music on almost anything, maybe it would be better to use your smartphone for that?

Hannah
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 02:27:30 AM by hannahburreh »
“A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever.” ― Shigeru Miyamoto

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2018, 03:52:51 PM »
I am so confused...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2018, 04:13:53 PM »
So, the interesting things about spambot threads is that they seem to usually attract other spambots. Most likely, hannahburreh is a spambot. A well-done spambot that has an avatar and signature both on point for these forums. But I find it hard to believe that someone new decided to sign up for the forums just to make this post towards the original post in this thread that was already debunked as a spambot post and seems to ignore all the other posting that followed in this thread after the OP. And obviously, a user here agrees since they reported this post as spam.

The problem is that I'm not sure that's enough proof. If I enter Hannah's IP address or e-mail into some databases that monitor spam like cleantalk.org, botscout.com or stopforumspam.com, I get 0 results. Clever girl. Doing a Google search on the IP Address shows that it comes from Poland but that's mainly about it. Doing a Google search on the username shows that there are a couple matches for it on some other forums. For instance, this username and e-mail show up on a Clint Eastwood based forum. Interestingly, the account also has an Eastwood avatar and signature to blend in better. It made one post in late November to say that it really liked the new Spiderman movie in an off-topic movie discussion and that was it. That was the first, last and only time hannahburreh posted on that forum. Again seems kind of weird that someone would feel the need to join up a Clint Eastwood forum just to post that. Now there were also a couple other weird and odd locations that came up with this username and e-mail and in those places, there was a link connected to them to some Bizset site. So, that's the closest proof I've found that this "person" could be a spambot.

Normally, I'd ban something like this but I got in trouble early last year because I was pre-emptively banning accounts I thought were spambot accounts before they posted anything on the forum and I ended up banning a real person because of it. So, now I make sure I have better proof before doing that which I can usually get from those sites I mentioned by doing an IP check or e-mail check through them. Since then, there have been times where an account has suddenly popped up and started posting and I was pretty sure that account was a spambot but I could get any immediate confirmation from those sites. In those cases, I've just had to wait it out for the spambot to post more and finally reveal itself by making to a link to something or coming back later to edit a previous post or its profile to provide a link to something else. I suspect if that happens with hannahburreh it will be for bizset but it's basically stake-out time and I've got wait for the account to actually make a move and reveal itself before I can ban it. Maybe like the Clint Eastwood forum, it will never post a link but I'd still prefer to ban it.

So, I'll just leave my investigative work here and let one of the other mods decide if there is enough evidence to ban it or not. If so, I do use a standard message when pre-emptively banning a spambot account that hasn't posted anything even if I've got proof. You can find it in the Ban list in some of the notes for various bannings. Otherwise, you can give me the permission to ban this account and I can post that info myself.

Hope you enjoyed the glimpse into the inner forum politics of policing.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2018, 04:47:28 PM »
Closest I could find is a surf spot in Sierra Leone (Bureh Beach) and a place called Burrehøjvej, Tjele, Denmark. surnamedb . com has nothing on Burreh (and, just in case the B is a middle initial, nothing on Urreh). Urrehman, though, is a surname in Pakistan. Urrehman brings up a result for Wali-ur-Rehman, a former Taliban spokesman from the Af-Pak border (droned in 2013)--but also an Atta-ur-Rahman, a Pakistani chemist. In the words of the great Michael Scott, "Was your dad a GI?"
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2018, 05:18:16 PM »

Offline hannahburreh

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • BizSet
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2018, 04:19:52 AM »

I'm a real human being, ding-ding. Not a bot, beep-beep 1100101

Just kidding... Well, the truth is I didn't read the whole thread and haven't noticed it was started by a spam bot. Sorry guys...
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 04:21:23 AM by hannahburreh »
“A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever.” ― Shigeru Miyamoto

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2018, 04:12:05 AM »
Well, this saga took an interesting turn. Was definitely not expecting another reply. Also, like that Hannah has said she's not a bot but that's she's just kidding so the door's still open on that one. :D

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2018, 02:49:42 PM »
Maybe we should all just post in captchas to be safe.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2018, 12:32:09 AM »
Just trying something out. hannahburreh

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2018, 12:45:02 AM »
Hot Buttered Camels?

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2018, 09:37:15 PM »
Nice!

I actually feel bad for ThePerm and Unclebob. Makes it harder to bump old topics when they've been repackaged as fresh topics.

No just getting mentioned is enough. I only tend to bump in the funhouse. Though, there are occasions when something becomes relevant again in a regular board.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post