Author Topic: ARMS  (Read 24770 times)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Re: ARMS
« Reply #125 on: October 29, 2017, 06:12:38 PM »
I actually came back to the game recently because of the custom controls. Just a few posts up in this thread I was wishing you could map block to a button instead of clicking the stick, and now I can.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 29, 2017, 08:36:56 PM »
This game seriously needs a real demo. I just got a Switch, & I'm curious about Arms, but I don't want to spend $60 on it without trying it first. As it stands, only the people who bought a Switch at launch had a chance to try Arms.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 11, 2017, 02:47:46 PM »
Hopefully, they will wind up another test punch.

But, yeah, a demo would be ideal.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 18, 2017, 10:35:25 PM »
By the end of 2017, ARMS will have sold 1.5 million copies, added five new fighters to its roster, added customizable controls, a party crash mode, badge achievements, a ranked battle mode, and various training options.

If you are looking for a new fighting game to sink time into, ARMS shows no signs of slowing down.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 21, 2017, 01:26:53 PM »
By the end of 2017, ARMS will have sold 1.5 million copies, added five new fighters to its roster, added customizable controls, a party crash mode, badge achievements, a ranked battle mode, and various training options.

If you are looking for a new fighting game to sink time into, ARMS shows no signs of slowing down.

That's pretty cool actually. You don't hear much about these updates though. I wonder if the "slow rollout" model they adopted from Splatoon just isn't as successful this time around given the Switch's success. On Wii U there was little competition, so those updates always became newsworthy (see also new Smash fighters). Could be backfiring a bit for them this time? ARMS was kind of written off as content-light.

How's the online for it now? Still populated?

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 31, 2018, 09:19:17 PM »
For all you unwashed heathens, ARMS 5.1 launched this evening, adding Tournament Mode, which unlocks all weapons for all characters!

Why is this important? Well, previous ARMS tournaments were mostly played online by people who had sunk a significant amount of time into the game and unlocked all the weapons. This allows tournament organizers the ability to have multiple setups for a large number of players to set up brackets for multiple matches. This is a HUGE step for the game to start being featured at more competitions, as there has been a debate of "customs vs. defaults" within the community for some time now. Essentially, playing with default ARMS only allowed newcomers the opportunity to refine their skills on each fighter's presets, while customs allowed long-term players the ability to show off their acquired weaponry, which is obtained through a skillshot minigame that requires in-game currency. Tournament Mode allows players to experiment with all types of weapons, but doesn't allow them to boost their ranking online- its essentially the most legitimate "practice mode" the game has.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 01, 2018, 08:37:15 AM »
So would it be possible to run a community tournament? Cause I'd be totally into that.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 27, 2018, 04:41:31 PM »
Reminder for all you cheapskates who don’t like fun: you can play ARMS online for free this weekend.

Offline segagamersteph

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 28, 2018, 10:23:20 AM »
My 2 cents. Arms is awesome. I play it more than any other Switch game. You can do it just fine without motion controls. I can't, I suck at it but my nephew picked it up and he blew through one after another.

I am tempted to buy him his own Switch but his dad just got him a PSP.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 08, 2018, 09:55:58 PM »
Not in love with it, but not ready to trade it in yet either. My main gripe is when opponents get into that 45 degree sweet spot where they're able to attack me while I whiff everything until they knock/throw me down & I get back up to face them again.

Guess I still need more practice & maybe a change in button layout to really get into this game.
Mission...complete?