Author Topic: Rate the last movie you've seen  (Read 1545059 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last movie you've seen
« Reply #5925 on: July 18, 2018, 12:56:02 AM »
Your failure is complete.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6eAcFOSOY0

I had to quote to see the video... but damn.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 01:06:03 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #5926 on: July 18, 2018, 08:59:59 PM »
It - Tim Curry is Great in this, but I had to take breaks watching it because it is a miniseries slammed into one product. Also, production value is terrible. It has some bad acting as well.

It- This was great. Good pacing. It works pretty well.

The great thing about the internet is if you come up with an idea you don't have to execute it sometimes. Sometimes you find someone already did it exactly how you would have wanted it.

Mostly I would have had an intro.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 09:09:23 PM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #5927 on: July 19, 2018, 12:28:15 AM »
I had to quote to see the video... but damn.
When it first popped up I thought it was some clickbait. TLJ bloat needed to be edited down to EFLA pacing and length but it's all there. That was some straight up plagiarism.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5928 on: July 19, 2018, 12:54:13 AM »
From what I remember isn't there supposed to be scenes from all sorts of movies? The whole movie could be some big troll.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5929 on: July 19, 2018, 01:13:12 AM »
With each reveal its just more incompetency and creative bankruptcy.
It being a troll is highly, highly unlikely, right into the realm of conspiracy theories. Like any conspiracy the number of people required to get one board is too high to be remotely plausible. Plus the ongoing actions make it an impossibility.
It's just **** people making **** movies spewing ****.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5930 on: July 19, 2018, 01:23:27 AM »
With each reveal its just more incompetency and creative bankruptcy.
It being a troll is highly, highly unlikely, right into the realm of conspiracy theories. Like any conspiracy the number of people required to get one board is too high to be remotely plausible. Plus the ongoing actions make it an impossibility.
It's just **** people making **** movies spewing ****.

I've always wanted to make a troll movie. I don't think I would tell anyone. I would do it one of two ways. Either make it cryptic and weird like a David Lynch movie or make it very serious and end with farts and clowns and circus music.

My god we're in one of those movies aren't we?

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #5931 on: July 19, 2018, 11:16:11 PM »
A Quiet Place - 7/10
It's basically a more violent, and more depressing version of Signs. Pretty good and intense, also pretty sad. I like that there's no explanation for the monsters.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #5932 on: July 21, 2018, 07:44:15 PM »
Ant-Man and the Wasp

It was fine. There was nothing offensive or especially problematic about it except maybe the exposition dump to explain Ghost’s backstory. It kind of just brought the plot to a halt. Most issues I had stem from Ghost because the character’s presence felt tacked on because saving Janet Van Dyne didn’t provide enough conflict for a two hour movie. Hannah John-Kamen’s performance was good. The character’s arc felt rushed and incomplete though maybe that was the point?

Ant-Man and the Wasp was vanilla. It wasn’t bad; it didn’t show me anything I haven’t seen before. I get the same way about Black Panther except that at least had Killmonger. Here, we had Michelle Pfeiffer’s weird face.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #5933 on: July 24, 2018, 08:00:32 PM »
The Death of Stalin Probably the funniest movie I've seen all year. Very dark comedy, with a dark ending, but that's the Soviets for you.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #5934 on: July 24, 2018, 09:29:52 PM »
Ready Player One came out on BluRay today, so I finally got around to seeing it.

Yeah, that'll do. I haven't read the book (though I have an unlistened-to copy on Audible), but this feels like it does an excellent job of salvaging a heavily-criticized book. I really enjoyed it. It felt like it had just the right blend of Spielberg sentimentality & dumb fun.

Just one thing that bugged me, though: they heavily used "Take on Me" in the trailers, and it's not in the movie at all. SMH...
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5935 on: July 24, 2018, 09:57:36 PM »
Sicario: Day of the Soldado - 7.5/10
Not as good as the first one, but it's very different too. You wouldn't have to see the first one to get what's going on...but it would probably help, especially with the assumed third film. Lots of great acting, very suspenseful...but still the first one has the edge. You don't exactly watch a Sicario movie and feel good when it's over.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #5936 on: July 27, 2018, 03:58:44 PM »
Mission Impossible Fallout - THAT was a lot of fun. It's a little long (nearly 150 minutes) but once it gets going it ramps up gradually and steadily into one crazy scene after another, including one where Tom Cruise jumps off multiple buildings, breaking his ankle in the process, and sprints across the roof of Blackfriars Bridge in London.

The director is really good, actually making action shots clear and understandable even when they start to evolve into crazier things rather than the murky muddle of other directors.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5937 on: July 28, 2018, 11:33:21 PM »
Batman Ninja - 6/10
If it wasn't for the awesome animation (even though it's really just CGI - but there are a couple water color-style scenes which are pretty dope) and some of the crazy sequences, this would have been like a 3/10 if not lower. The story make absolutely no sense, and only gets more insane and less coherent as it goes along. Nothing ever really gets explained. I'm pretty sure Alfred and Grod never make it back at to Gotham.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5938 on: July 30, 2018, 02:11:35 PM »
It's a standalone movie, no continuity. It's meant to be (aheam) batshit crazy, it's part of the premise. It's a parody of animé and Batman. Batman is baffled by animé and his over reliance on gadgets leads to his repeated failures while everyone else including villains roll with it. It doesn't explain anything as it's not the point and is done for laughs. It takes refugee in it's audacity.

It's version of Catwomen is unbelievably cute while in the Kimono.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5939 on: July 30, 2018, 02:24:17 PM »
She did have gigantic, umm, kitties.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5940 on: July 30, 2018, 04:37:24 PM »
Check the blue dots on Batman's temple.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5941 on: August 03, 2018, 09:05:13 PM »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5942 on: August 06, 2018, 11:11:03 PM »
Die Hard: Finally got to watch it Uncensored with no commercials. 9/10

It was always on TV growing up but i never want to watch the shitty TBS/TNT version.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #5943 on: August 06, 2018, 11:15:57 PM »

It was always on TV growing up but i never want to watch the shitty TBS/TNT version.
Man, I can't even remember the last time I willingly watched a movie broadcast on TV. It would have to have been the late 90s or early 2000s.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5944 on: August 07, 2018, 12:30:09 AM »

Man, I can't even remember the last time I willingly watched a movie broadcast on TV. It would have to have been the late 90s or early 2000s.

They're just terrible. It's the same reason I didn't watch Jaws for a long time. Though was shocked that a giant PG logo popped on the screen shortly after I witnessed Quint get chewed up by a shark. I kinda get some joy in seeing how they censor Christmas Vacation though.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5945 on: August 07, 2018, 08:46:21 AM »
Yippie kayak Mr Falcon!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #5946 on: August 07, 2018, 06:34:13 PM »
Got around to seeing Ant-man & Wasp with my wife and my sister. Had a blast.

Would give it a Soothing Balm/I-Don't-Feel-Good-Mister-Stark. This was just the film to follow up on Infinity Wars and gave us a teasing for what was to come.

Agree that Ghost felt a bit lacking, but I'm hoping a future film can flesh that out more. Felt like it did a lot to setup a future films outside of Infinity War 2. Hoping we get more Goliath too.

Worst thing will be the wait. Eight months until the next MCU film?!? Feels like something should have been there.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #5947 on: August 07, 2018, 08:53:16 PM »
I think what helped your viewing enjoyment is that it shouldn't have come out till this month.

Incredibles 2 was the palette cleanser. AM&TW came out too soon after IW and near DP2, I2 and Solo and the dozen other movies early last month.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5948 on: August 08, 2018, 12:01:25 AM »
Mission Impossible Fallout is good, very good. It's crazy that it has a proper mythology beyond callbacks where Ethan Hunt is almost some kind of legend you would tell to future generations. It's is also so tied to Tom Cruise any attempt to replace him would be verging on impossible. Cruise is Ethan Hunt.

The dedication to that myth is amazing when they bring in the daughter of a past character who is not only important, plot critical character, pretty fleshed out for a secondary, she is the actual daughter of that actress who played that character. It takes it beyond acting.

Cavill's mustache is truly a wonder.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5949 on: August 21, 2018, 06:33:57 AM »
No Country for Old Men 10/10 I especially like the coin flip scene.

Subtext: This is really ThePerm who somehow got switched with Mouse_Clicker. One time I was on Aol Instant Messenger chatting with Mouse Clicker and he said he disliked this movie and cited the coin flip scene. He said it was pointless and slowed the whole movie. I told him how the entire movie was just a setup for the coin flip scene. The scene was tense and was really the centerpiece of the movie. He went to Film School, I went to Art School... what do I Know?