NWR Interactive > TalkBack

Four 3DS XL Special Editions Coming to America This Fall

(1/7) > >>

NWR_Neal:
Want some Smash Bros. love on your 3DS? How about NES? Or Persona Q?http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/38477/four-3ds-xl-special-editions-coming-to-america-this-fallFour new special editions of the 3DS XL are coming to North America later this year, all for the price of $199.99 each.The first two, coming out on September 19, are Super Smash Bros. 3DS XL systems that come in either a red or a blue variant. The systems do not come with a copy of Super Smash Bros. for 3DS, which is due out on October 3.Coming on October 10, exclusively to GameStop, is the NES Edition 3DS XL, which features an NES controller design on the outside as well as red NES-style buttons. The limited edition hardware also comes in a box that looks like a NES console.Lastly, a Persona Q Special Edition 3DS XL is coming exclusively to GameStop on November 25. This version features the design of the game's Grimoire as well as character art. It does not come with Persona Q, though it does launch on the same day as the game.There is still no official word from Nintendo of America regarding the New 3DS and New 3DS XL, which are both coming out in Japan in October and are slated for a 2015 release outside of Japan.

Ceric:
Those are cool and all but not a New 3DS not a Sale.

UncleBob:
Yeah... want that NES 3DSXL, but I already have 2 3DSXLs and with NEW3DSXL coming out.. no buy.

Ian Sane:
The NES one looks great and if I didn't already own a 3DS I would be all over that one... if I didn't know that the New 3DS is going to make it obsolete within months!  Isn't it rather dishonest to release this so soon to the New 3DS coming out?  The target audience would logically be people that don't keep up-to-date with videogame news but when they see the New 3DS in stores less than a year later they're going to be annoyed.  It relies on the costumer being unaware that a better product, that was already been formally revealed to the public, is due to arrive soon.

And if the public is more aware than Nintendo thinks then these would undersell for obvious reasons.  It really doesn't make sense to reveal the New 3DS prior to Christmas when it won't be released here until next year.  I figure that's NCL making decisions for the Japanese market without taking into account other markets (or maybe even caring, it seems like NCL would rather sell to five Japanese customers than 10 American ones).  NOA has to rely on word not getting out about the New 3DS or 3DS sales will be in the toilet this Christmas.

If I was Sony I would openly advertise that the 3DS is going to be replaced next year to spread the word and torpedo Nintendo's sales.  "Nintendo plans on replacing the 3DS with a new model next year which will support games that are unplayable on the old model, the model they're trying to sell you this year.  But the PS Vita is a current product and will remain so for years to come.  You can rely on the system you buy this year to support the games coming out this year and the next and many more years to come."  The campaign writes itself.  Though I just had an image of a comic superhero called Jimmy Vita fighting against the forces of Mimtendu so let's just say that the execution of the campaign needs to be done right.

Jet Pilot:
That NES XL looks hideous with the controller painted on the outside.  They should've kept it simple with the NES gray exterior and then the inside with the colored buttons and d-pad as they did for this edition.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version