Author Topic: Safe Words 14: Famous Last Words 2. Final Round!  (Read 12849 times)

Online Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Safe Words 14: Famous Last Words 2. Final Round!
« on: August 16, 2018, 11:26:08 AM »
Meanwhile, deep in the bowls of the American Spy Service,

Bureau Chief: Khushrenada, this mission to infiltrate the rogue criminal organization of Kleptomaniacs For Crime and steal their secret recipe plans to harm the American people won't be easy. In fact, it may very well be an impossible job that will just get you killed. But we need someone to do it and this agency only consists of you and I and I certainly don't want to do it and die so you're just the man for the job.

Khushrenada: Don't worry, chief. I've already worked out a great plan of how to carry out this mission and not get myself killed. I'm going to gather and form a very special team to work under my command while using their number one skill as I execute an elaborate heist against this Colonel of Crime and nab his plans. I do believe with this idea, we have an actual chance of success.

Bureau Chief: Consider me intrigued, Khushrenada. What is this great skill you plan to harness?

Khushrenada: Their ability to serve as a meat shield to protect me from danger as I carry out the mission. These people are totally expendable and their lives worthless. I'm going to take what most people consider their biggest drawback and turn it into their greatest strength for me.

Bureau Chief: Bravo, Khushrenada. You're cruel and callous disregard for human life is continually an inspiration to me.

Khushrenada: It's because of my life-long and strenuous training to learn to not care about anyone other than myself. I mean, just look at me and you. I still haven't bothered to learn your name despite the fact you've got a name placard on your desk, are wearing a name badge as we speak and you even entered your contact information into my phone for that very reason.

Bureau Chief: So, very true. Well, should I meet this team of yours that you are planning to put together?

Khushrenada: Eh, what's the point? If the mission goes south then I'm going to give them all the blame and we won't want to be associated with them and if the mission is a success then I'll get all the praise for being the person in charge. So, let's just keep the focus on me where it belongs.

Bureau Chief: I feel like a bald eagle flying majestically in the sky about to shed a single tear from all the freedom and guns he can see from his vantage point high over this great land. Just promise me that this mission will have a lot of explosions and mayhem as your missions always do.

Khushrenada: Chief, there were multiple explosions with 4 dead and 18 wounded just when I went to grab lunch at Taco Bell today. You can count on me.

Bureau Chief: Godspeed, Khushrenada. Godspeed.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 03:44:51 AM by King of the Winos »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Re: Safe Words 14: Famous Last Words. Round 1.
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 11:26:30 AM »
10 hours later

Welcome all of you. As you know from the briefing I gave you while recruiting you to this team, our mission is a dangerous one but by working together, I expect to get out of it unscathed whether we are successful or not. Since this is your first time all gathered together in one room, allow me to introduce you all to each other. For this mission game, we shall use the following code numbers rotation:

1. Insanolord
2. ShyGuy
3. Lucario
4. Steefosaurus
5. Stratos
6. BeautifulShy
7. Nickmitch
8. Mop it up

Now, for your first test. Can you figure out what criteria was used to get this order selection? While you ponder that, let me give you a list of nifty catchphrases that you'll be selecting from during the mission rounds:

1. Hold my beer and watch this!
2. Relax. This choice is perfectly safe.
3. I'm just two days away from retirement!
4. My doctor says my heart can't take any sudden surprises.
5. Time to do the "I'm gonna win" dance and mock my opponents.
6. Please don't let this choice end in yet another shameful defeat for me.
7. Unlike everyone else, I'm the only one here who has their **** together.
8. I understand that the security door is new and strange and it challenges our outdated notions of who we are and where we belong. But I'm sure that if you'll just give me your attention, I can show you that it can be... a DOOR, if you will, to a better office.

Since Mop it up is the last player in the selection order she will be the one to select the first bomb word. I am now awaiting her choice via PM.

Gear up, people, and let's get ready to take the fight to our enemies! One, two, three, GO!

Finishing Order:

8. Lucario
7. nickmitch
6. BeautifulShy
5. Steefosaurus
4. Mop it up
3. ShyGuy
2. Insanolord
1. Stratos
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 05:15:31 PM by Khushrenada »

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 11:26:43 AM »
A quick reiteration of the rules and how the game is played

There is a list of phrases that will be used throughout the game. One player will select a phrase from the list. That choice will be kept hidden from the remaining players. This phrase is considered the bomb word.

After the bomb word is chosen, the remaining players must all choose a phrase from the list. Every time a phrase is chosen, it is removed from the list for that round. No two players can select the same phrase in the same round. If a player does not choose the bomb word then they are safe for that round and move on to the next. If a player selects the bomb word, they are eliminated from the game and the bomb word is removed from the list for the rest of the game.

If none of the remaining players choose the bomb word then the player who selected it to start the round is forced to choose their own bomb word selection and is eliminated. The game is played until there is only one player still left standing and that player is declared the winner.

Order of players chosen

For this game, I thought I'd go by the user's Karma score from worst to best and finally find a use of that pointless feature after all this time. Of course, then I realized that either way, high or low) I went would put Insanolord in a pretty good starting position because of his deservedly low score. But if anyone can find a way to turn an advantage into a disadvantage it's Insanolord so then I didn't worry about it after that.

Message reminders

Once I get Mop it up's choice, I will send a pm to all players alerting them to the fact the game has begun. I will most likely send out a pm when it is a players turn to choose for their first choice. After that, it is up to players to remember to check in on their own unless they notify me to send them a reminder when it is their turn to choose.

Waiting for a selection

A generous time of 2 days is given for a player to select a phrase. After that, a message will be sent to alert them that it is their turn to choose. If a choice has not been made 1 day after the sent message, the player will be automatically given the bomb word choice and removed from the game.

And that's how Khushrenada, yet again, drunkenly put together a game of Safe Words much to the disappointment of internet users everywhere.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 11:37:25 AM by Khushrenada »

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2018, 07:16:04 PM »
Wait, when did this start?

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2018, 07:25:13 PM »
It techniqly hasn't since Mop it up hasn't chosen the bomb word yet but if you are asking when this was posted it was this morning.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2018, 08:44:42 PM »
Mission Round 1.

In order to locate the Colonel, we need to track down an associate of his, Deity, whose called that because people only know the initials of his name which are D.T. Now, the CIA has had some run-ins with this person and have a file created on him so we are going to break into CIA HQ and get that file. You all know the plan and your roles in it so let's get to it.

Insanolord, you're up first.

Insanolord walks up to the entrance of the building where he is stopped by security. He is asked for his ID and he hands over the fake ID created for this mission and says:

8. I understand that the security door is new and strange and it challenges our outdated notions of who we are and where we belong. But I'm sure that if you'll just give me your attention, I can show you that it can be... a DOOR, if you will, to a better office.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Re: Safe Words 14: Famous Last Words 2. Round 1.
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2018, 09:24:57 PM »
This is probably a trap by Khush designed specifically to lure me in, but I feel like I have no choice but to go with I understand that the security door is new and strange and it challenges our outdated notions of who we are and where we belong. But I'm sure that if you'll just give me your attention, I can show you that it can be... a DOOR, if you will, to a better office. Hopefully a wizard doesn't cast a spell on me to negatively affect my success in this game.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2018, 09:45:10 PM »
It techniqly hasn't since Mop it up hasn't chosen the bomb word yet but if you are asking when this was posted it was this morning.
To be fair, I sent in the choice shortly after the topic was created, so you can't pin this one on me!

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2018, 09:47:41 PM »
To be fair, I sent in the choice shortly after the topic was created, so you can't pin this one on me!
Fair enough.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2018, 09:57:02 PM »
The security guard looks at Insanolord with an annoyed expression and says you don't have to tell him about the merits of security.

ShyGuy is next up.

He also is with Insanolord trying to enter the building and now hands security his fake ID saying:

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2018, 10:48:37 PM »
Oh man, my hands are shaking! I guess I better say something cool like my fellow kids.

"Time to do the "I'm gonna win" dance and mock my opponents."

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2018, 11:25:15 PM »
The security guard agrees with ShyGuy that his suggestion is the best way to start the day at the CIA. Him and Insanolord have gain access into the building.

We now check in with Lucario.

He's posing outside as a groundskeeper to get close to an electrical box in order to hack into the system. However, another groundskeeper has noticed him and come over to ask him what he's doing. Lucario replies with:

5. Please don't let this choice end in yet another shameful defeat for me.
6. Unlike everyone else, I'm the only one here who has their **** together.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2018, 07:11:28 PM »
Lucario? Lucario?

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2018, 09:52:07 PM »
Ah, the thrill and excitement of Safe Words. I can't believe we stopped playing this game for so long making us miss out on the incredible feeling of waiting around.

I did send Lucario a message through Discord last night which seems to be the better way to contact him but with his Australia Time Zone we'll see if he gets the message.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2018, 01:06:22 AM »

Image result for Hold my beer and watch this!
Image result for Hold my beer and watch this!
Made you look ****.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2018, 01:06:56 AM »
*burps* ahhhh this one bud [size=0px]Hold my beer and watch this![/size]
Made you look ****.

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2018, 01:44:45 AM »
Unfortunately, that response doesn't seem to set the other groundskeeper mind at ease. He then starts to question if Lucario is drunk and demands to see his ID while alerting security to come over. Realizing that his cover is blown and the mission is in peril, Khushrenada alerts the team to abort the mission and get back to base.

In his haste to escape the situation, Lucario forgot that there were mines planted along the outside grounds for added security and blew himself sky high.

The other groundskeeper was gobsmacked at what he had just witnessed. When security arrived to ask what happened, the groundskeeper told them what Lucario had said and then that he proceeded to run across the grass and blow up by the mine. At this, the security guard rolled his eyes and radioed for everyone to stand down. It was just a code red...neck. This allowed the rest of the team to escape with detection.

"What are we going to do now?" they all wondered. "Don't worry. I've got another idea," said Khushrenada standing with his back to them and a gleam in his eye for the camera to capture and wow the audience with while his compatriots wondered why he wasn't facing them while talking.

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2018, 01:45:56 AM »
Well, hopefully the wait was worth it as Lucario is sadly the first to fall in this game. With his demise, the bomb word selection for the next round falls to ShyGuy. I know await his choice via PM.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: Safe Words 14: Famous Last Words 2. Round 2.
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2018, 03:10:47 AM »
#timetogettoscore-69
Made you look ****.

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2018, 03:53:41 AM »
Mission Round 2 is on!

"I know of a hacker who could get us that CIA file," Khushrenada explained, "He goes by the username DJSexMaster69 but he's going to be hard to track down. He's a leader of the hacker terrorist group called The Dogehouse. Their motto is Much fun - So wow - Old memes. We also know that they often meet up and use the computers at the library in the Universidad de MorĂ³n in Buenos Aires, Argentina. I'll explain your roles and how we'll infiltrate the facilities once we are in the air but, for now, we've got a plane to catch. Let's move, people!"

12 hours later

Steefousaurus, you're the first one up.

We've food poisoned the normal secretary for the principal. They've requested a temp to take her place as expected and you are the person we're going to have fill that role to give us access to the main office and records. Here's your credentials and ID. Let's do this.

Steefosaurus enters the Universidad and enters the main office. "Can I help you?" asks one of the ladies in the office. Steefosaurus answers with:

1. Relax. This choice is perfectly safe.
2. I'm just two days away from retirement!
3. My doctor says my heart can't take any sudden surprises.
4. Time to do the "I'm gonna win" dance and mock my opponents.
5. Please don't let this choice end in yet another shameful defeat for me.
6. Unlike everyone else, I'm the only one here who has their **** together.
7. I understand that the security door is new and strange and it challenges our outdated notions of who we are and where we belong. But I'm sure that if you'll just give me your attention, I can show you that it can be... a DOOR, if you will, to a better office.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2018, 09:49:43 AM »
Startled and worried for my cover nearly being blown, I request the employees do not speak to me without prior announcement over e-mail. The excuse I give is that my doctor says my heart can't take any sudden surprises.
Whew, that was a close one, now let's continue this operation!

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2018, 03:02:55 PM »
The staff back off and give Steefosaurus all the space he needs.

Stratos is now up!

He is sent in to break into an employee locker room and get a janitor's uniform. Upon entering the room, there are two other employees inside. They are surprised to see Stratos and ask who he is. Stratos replies:

1. Relax. This choice is perfectly safe.
2. I'm just two days away from retirement!
3. Time to do the "I'm gonna win" dance and mock my opponents.
4. Please don't let this choice end in yet another shameful defeat for me.
5. Unlike everyone else, I'm the only one here who has their **** together.
6. I understand that the security door is new and strange and it challenges our outdated notions of who we are and where we belong. But I'm sure that if you'll just give me your attention, I can show you that it can be... a DOOR, if you will, to a better office.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2018, 12:09:09 PM »
The wait makes it more suspenseful!

Offline Krushrenada

• is an untrustworthy liar NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2018, 05:19:35 PM »
It would appear that Stratos now has one day left in which to choose a word. Let us all thank Stratos for waiting until the last moment and giving us this instance of suspense. Truly exciting times.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2018, 10:21:03 PM »
For serious has anyone contacted Stratos?
Alexis, she/her/Miss