Author Topic: Metroid Prime: Federation Force Squad Goals  (Read 17475 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Metroid Prime: Federation Force Squad Goals
« on: August 20, 2018, 04:03:46 AM »
As mentioned, I am ready to take on any challenge you NWR users may want to make against me provided I have the software/tech. I know the Switch is the new hotness but if you want to go back to your Wii U's or your 3DS's for a little bit, I'm available for the challenge.

For the Wii U, options would include:

Smash Bros. Wii U
Mario Kart 8
Injustice
Sonic & All-Stars Racing
Need For Speed: Most Wanted
Mario & Sonic at Sochi 2014 Olympics

Admittedly, those last four I haven't actually played before so if you want that then pick them early and I'll try and get some practice in to learn the controls. Xenoblade Chronicles X may have had some kind of online component but I never really learned how that worked and then Miiverse went away so I don't know if that exists. Don't have Splatoon so I'm not sure if there are really any other online options for games on the Wii U but if there are, mention them and we can see if I've got the game. Realizing how limited the selection is for online games makes it more interesting how Nintendo wants to now charge for it.

On the 3DS, option could be:

Smash Bros. 3DS
Mario Kart 7
Mario Golf: World Tour
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Metroid Prime: Federation Force
The Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes

Obviously, those choices don't all have to be competitive. If you want to do some co-op play, I'm open to that as well. Again, if there are other online titles for the 3DS that intrigue you, you can suggest them here and I'll see if I've got them.

Also, as mentioned, if there is a website online with games like Chess, Backgammon, Battleship, whatever. Just let me know about it and we could always engage in a competition like that as well.

I'm trying to make myself available most of Saturday and Sunday. I might be unavailable a bit around noon time Sunday but, for now, pick a game and time and I will try to work my schedule around what works for everyone else to meet up.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 05:35:39 PM by Khushrenada »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: You vs Khushrenada 2: The Revenge! Gold Edition.
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 01:57:55 PM »
I take it you don't have Luigi's Mansion 2?

If not, I've been wanting to get back into Metroid Prime Federation Force, so that's what I'd be interested in. I also wouldn't mind another trip through Tri Force Heroes as well, but for that we would need to have a third person. Though I may be able to provide a third if we play at the right time of day.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2018, 05:55:24 PM »
I do have Luigi's Mansion 2. I have yet to take it out of the package. What is the online element of that game?

I talked about creating a team and playing through Federation Force last year along with Triforce Heroes so I'm totally up for playing those games and maybe some other users would be interested in that as well. That's something I'd love to keep doing past Khushrenada Week and really play through those games now in case things change with Nintendo gearing up to charge for online in a month or so.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2018, 07:18:19 PM »
Hooray! The multiplayer in Luigi's Mansion 2 is called the Scarescraper. It's a tall building where a team of up to 4 Luigis take on a tower in one of three modes: Hunter (vacuum all ghosts on each floor to move on to the next), Polterpup (seek out hiding ghost dogs and vacuum them up), and Rush (find the floor exit before time runs out). There are three difficulty settings for each mode and you can choose from 5, 10, 25, and endless floors.

However, the multiplayer needs to be unlocked by playing single player first. It becomes available near the end of the first mansion. So if you'd like to play, you might want to get prepared for that by starting it up when you can and playing enough to unlock the Scarescraper. It would probably take around 45 minutes or so.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2018, 07:25:32 PM »
So, I've unlocked the Scarescrapper. Since I'm still quite fresh at this game, I'm not sure how good of a teammate I'll be for you but Luigi's Mansion 2 is an option if you want to meet up sometime on Saturday or Sunday to play it. Or Triforce Heroes or something else too. Just book a time and let's start getting a schedule going.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2018, 07:48:33 PM »
I should get my hacked 3DS triforce heroes and stream it. I don't know where to start to do that.

Though Sunday would be better, since there's a Splatfest on Saturday.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2018, 08:02:57 PM »
Sure. No one has really booked anything. So, are you suggesting that if we play together in TriForce Heroes that you want to try streaming it? Would you want to try to bring in audio of us chatting together while playing it?

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2018, 08:06:15 PM »
I'd be up for that, but it depends on if I can manage to make sure I can get that line in on the broadcaster.

Edit:

I didn't look much, but I couldn't find a way to get my purchased copy to my hacked 3DS, so it'll be a no-go on streaming. I still like the game, though. Happy to play it some Sunday in the late afternoon/evening.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2018, 07:30:06 AM »
I have Smash Wii U and Mario Kart 8, and could probably make time next week? I've also got need for speed but 1.) never played it and 2.) it's EA so I'm assuming they took it offline already.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2018, 06:04:08 PM »
To thatguy in regards to meeting up tonight, I was talking to Mop it up about this in Discord so I'll just dump it here for you:

Mop it up: in regards to meeting up, my cousin wanted me to join him for supper tonight and go to a movie to a celebrate a work accomplishment so I wasn't going to be around this evening. I was going to inform thatguy about it as well. Since you were here I thought I'd tell you directly.

However, I do want to get together.

Steefosaurus mentioned meeting up later this week which I'm up for.

One thing I've been talking to Insanolord about is trying to have a more regular online gaming meet-up for NWR.

I think a big problem in the past is that when it's been tried, it's been scheduled for one night and a few people might show up and then that's it.

What I think needs to be done is a continuous regularly scheduled few nights/days at different times.

That way, it gives people more a chance to start making a routine or knowing that this option wil still be available on a different date instead of hoping to suddenly make a one-time rare event or hope someone is free at the same time they suddenly are.

What I'm planning on launching and proposing in the Matchmaking Forum is for meet-ups on Monday, Thursday and Friday nights. That said, I'm open to changing those around depending on what works for other users.

I feel the forum is a good place to schedule times, groups, itenerary details, etc and then we can move to Discord during such a meet-up for faster communication.

The important thing to launching it is to have a regular base for it to grow from. Whether that can happen or not these days, I guess time will tell but if you wanted to meet up this week to play along then I'd love to do that.

I've talked before about wanting to play Federation Force and Mop it up mentioned being interested in doing so. I'm going to go with that as the initial idea but that doesn't mean everyone has to play that game either. If others want to meet-up and suggest a different game for people to play them with, they can. Maybe we do Federation Force for an hour and then switch to Smash Bros. for a few rounds.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2018, 06:04:48 PM »
tl;dr

If anyone is interested, I'd love to get a group to meet up and play Federation Force tomorrow. I'll start a thread for it later tonight when I get back.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2018, 10:43:56 PM »
Hey, Mop it up. Not sure if you were still looking to meet-up tonight or not. I'm just about to get supper and was going to then watch Better Call Saul. If you did want to meet, maybe we can do the Luigi's Mansion Scarescraper thing. If that'll be too late or tonight can't work for you then that's fine too. Just let me know where you are at on this.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2018, 10:55:27 PM »
Perhaps we should try tomorrow night instead?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2018, 12:10:45 AM »
Well, if that will work better for you. What time do you want to meet?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2018, 03:28:06 PM »
Any time after 8pm ET should be good for me tonight.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2018, 04:37:28 PM »
That's fine on my end. 8 PM EST it is. We doing the Scarescraper?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2018, 07:49:45 PM »
Sure, I'm good with either so your choice.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2018, 08:00:04 PM »
Luigi's Mansion. I'd rather do Federation Force with a full team of 4? instead of just 2 and you seemed more excited to play LM2. Continue this in Discord?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2018, 08:04:08 PM »
Okies.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2018, 01:12:14 PM »
So... was this just a one-time thing then? Did we not have fun? Are there not more ghosts to bust?!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2018, 06:07:56 PM »
No, I did enjoy it and would like to meet up more. I've been meaning to try and launch the NWR Gaming Club I talked about and had part of a post written up about it that I need to finish but I've let myself get distracted with Safe Words and just playing some other stuff along with LM2 but I'm ready to meet up and do some more Scarescrapping. Just list a time you are free to meet. We'll see what new errors and glitches we can encounter.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2018, 10:19:02 PM »
Wanna try for Thursday evening?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2018, 11:03:15 PM »
That sounds doable but it might have to be around 10 PM your time instead of 8 pm.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2018, 05:33:38 PM »
That could still work. but it would be just me around that time.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2018, 08:39:04 PM »
Hey! If you want to meet up now or sooner to play then I'm ready to go. Let me know or jump on in Discord since I have that up and running right now as well.