Author Topic: 11/26 Mario Kart 7, anyone?  (Read 3747 times)

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
11/26 Mario Kart 7, anyone?
« on: November 26, 2016, 12:39:03 AM »
Would love to play in an online lobby with some NWR users.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
Re: 11/26 Mario Kart 7, anyone?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 06:57:03 PM »
No one wanted to play with Phil. :(
Beware: feelings easily hurt indeed.  :'(

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 07:22:34 PM »
Personally, I need more practice with that game. I popped it once around the same time I started playing New Leaf and as you are no doubt aware, New Leaf consumed my gaming time for many, many months. As such, MK7 was left behind and mainly forgotten. It didn't help that there was no Waluigi in it either.

However, a couple months ago, I meet up with my brother on vacation and we started playing Mario Kart 8 a lot. So, I'm much more familiar with that game and when we stopped playing, we hadn't quite gotten enough coins to unlock all the Kart parts. I think I'm about 800 coins short yet for that. Thus, I'd be interesting a Mario Kart 8 meet-up. However, the day that would work best for me right now is Sun. Dec. 4 later in the afternoon or evening yet that could change. Otherwise, the best time would be the following weekend on Dec. 11 and 12. So, if you ever wanted to kick Khushrenada's butt at something since I'm too good at most other forum games around here ( ;) ), this would be your best opportunity to do so.

I've appreciated your initiative in trying to get a forum meet-up happening and have wanted to help you out in this regard but the timing has been off for me to do so. I may finally have a brief window to join in now so I figured I should see if it could work for you and others.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2016, 11:31:59 PM »
Well, I'm just being goofy with my disappointment. I'm not too hurt.

I prefer Mario Kart 7 because my brother and I went through 8 and have played it immensely, earning all the kart pieces because in local multiplayer, everyone's coins add up to your overall coin total. Plus, with Mario Kart 8 looking like it's going to hit the Switch, I don't want to get too tired of that game before it hits the Switch.

Plus, local multiplayer in 7 with my brother who has to play as Shy Guy via Download Play is a little challenging due to rubber-band AI. If one of us is in first place, the AI speeds up massively to stay in pace with the leader while trying to keep up as the second player can be quite the task!

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2016, 08:19:37 AM »
Sadly I don't have any of the recent Mario Karts. Or a 3DS for that matter. I liked the idea in one of these other threads to form a squidsquad in Splatoon sometime, but idk how many people are still playing it? I was never good at Splatoon but it is a lot of fun so would join anyway.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2016, 04:54:19 PM »
These just haven't lined up for me so far!