Author Topic: NWR Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Thread  (Read 71366 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
NWR Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Thread
« on: March 19, 2013, 05:02:53 PM »
Hello all,

I thought I start a new thread for the New game.
Anyone going to be hunting soon?  I want to figure out to get this game now or wait.

Like the old thread feel free to talk all Monster Hunter with meet-ups and like.  Once we get a preferred server I'll post it.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
Re: NWR Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 01:08:20 AM »
I've decided to wait on this. Maybe for a sale in a couple weeks/months. I'll also get it physical so I can sell it just in case.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 08:23:05 PM »
Picked this up on Target's Buy 2 get 1 free deal.

Figured it'll be a better experience if I start early.  I'm going to mull around in it tonight and this weekend to try to get accustomed to it.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 10:30:53 PM »
I would be mauling around but its going to talk 5 to 6 HOURS... Which for the record is MORE time then the 18 GB of Starcraft 2 when I reinstalled it...
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 02:26:06 PM »
Hunting horn looks ridiculous, in a good way. Isn't it largely a support weapon?  I'm a huge fan of bow and have spent a decent amount of time with guns too. Thinking that hammer might be a nice change of pace this time around.

I'll try to hold back so this thread get back on track... but am really excited to block off some time and start playing before long.
Yes it's a "Support" Weapon much like a Gun but less so.  Its like a Hammer but without Spinning and Super Pound.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2013, 04:13:49 PM »
Ok I'm 3 quests in and barely understand anything. I want to get online with you guys but I don't know how.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2013, 06:50:28 PM »
Ok I'm 3 quests in and barely understand anything. I want to get online with you guys but I don't know how.

I've only done the first quest.  I'm not sure there's much to understand at this point, honestly.

I would be up for some online monster hunting sometime once i've invested more time in it and have a better idea of what i'm doing.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2013, 11:28:44 PM »

I've only done the first quest.  I'm not sure there's much to understand at this point, honestly.

I would be up for some online monster hunting sometime once i've invested more time in it and have a better idea of what i'm doing.
We can arrange something if you guys like and I'm up to 4 Stars in the Offline.  The walk you through most of the basics during offline and provide supplies.

Also today I farmed Queropeco till I had the horn completely upgrade with low level parts.  I already had the armor.  Made it to High Rank today where my ability for finding groups to play with of any fun went straight down and my armor became paper again.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 11:31:21 PM by Ceric »

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2013, 08:35:46 AM »
Look like I'm stuck at home again today.  If you see me online I'll be happy to explain a few things as coherently as a sick man can.

Offline Neifirst

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2013, 07:35:48 AM »
I'm new to the series, but I've been working through the 5-star quests in Moga Village and just started going online last night.  I'd love to be part of an NWR group if one is going to be formed.

NNID:  AchtungBaby

MH3U Name:  Neifirst

I'm on spring break this week, so any time is great for me. 

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2013, 11:42:24 AM »
I'll add you when I get home.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2013, 08:58:36 PM »
I see you online Ceric, but I have to train for about 2 hours. If your still sick and around we'll have to start a NWR lobby. That way we can get Phishphood and Neifirst in as well.

RomanceDawn

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2013, 11:10:24 PM »
Hey Ceric are you hosting or anything?

Man F this stupid online community. Putting me down cause I'm HR 1!  I wish one of em would talk to me like that in real life. God can't wait to play with you guys.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 11:41:15 PM by Caterkiller »

RomanceDawn

Offline lolmonade

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2013, 11:58:34 PM »
Finally opened up 2-star offline quests.

I'm getting more acquainted with dual-wielding, and think so far that's the best weapon fit for me at this time.  All of the other weapons I've tried seem too slow for my comfort, all of the weapon swings are too telegraphed for me to have any semblance of accuracy.

I need to toy with some weapon & armor crafting.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2013, 01:19:34 AM »
Lolmanade we need to play together sometime. We are roughly the same level.

RomanceDawn

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2013, 09:16:24 AM »
Hey Ceric are you hosting or anything?

Man F this stupid online community. Putting me down cause I'm HR 1!  I wish one of em would talk to me like that in real life. God can't wait to play with you guys.
Bad luck their Caterkiller.  I was stuck in the endless Brachydious matches last night.  There are some bad people online.  In general though most people are nice and helpful especially when your lower.

Though some nights you just hit all the douches.

Sorry I didn't catch you last night.  I hung it up at 10pm Yesterday after finally killing a stupid Brachydious.  I've got a meeting for NFR tonight but, I'm not sure what time.  We can schedule something once I can figure that out.

Lolmonade Sword and Board is about as fast as Dual Swords in animations.  They are the fastest weapons.  If you are leaning that way then you'll want to do Status and Elemental geared sets because of their speeds they excel at adding statusses.  On the DS if you can you'll want to do something that lowers stamina depletion and farm a lot of mats for Mega Dash Juice. (I think its Dash Juice plus Meat if memory serves.)

On a related note I hate how Nintendo is doing friends.  I see the blue light blink but if I'm in the middle of anything their is no way for me to know who it is.  Take last night.  If I would have seen it was Caterkiller who blinked in I would have sent him a quick in-game Message inbetween running for my life from Brach's Yellow Mode.  Really needs to be improved.

Also Caterkiller have you started leaning towards a weapon?

Edit:
Alright Looks like we be meeting at 6cst.  My Son goes to bed at 8cst so anytime after about 8:30cst should be ok for me. 

http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MH3U:_Guild_Quests

I'm not sure what everyone needs but lolmonade could use dash if DSing it so maybe hunt some Ludroth their not to bad.  I enjoy the bunny since he's actually toned down from the demo.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 09:43:59 AM by Ceric »

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2013, 01:48:19 PM »
Sounds good Ceric I should be pretty free around that time.

Also my rage was a little premature. I found a group of HR 2's and 3's that were super cool that helped me through a lot.

I like the dual blades and the Bone Hammer. Is there only one hammer and the Bone is just a weaker metal hammer? So I want to eventually make great versions of those.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 01:56:31 PM by Caterkiller »

RomanceDawn

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2013, 02:01:23 PM »
I almost bought the game digitally last night. :(

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2013, 02:17:15 PM »
Sounds good Ceric I should be pretty free around that time.

Also my rage was a little premature. I found a group of HR 2's and 3's that were super cool that helped me through a lot.

I like the dual blades and the Bone Hammer. Is there only one hammer and the Bone is just a weaker metal hammer? So I want to eventually make great versions of those.

http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MH3U:_Hammer_Weapon_Tree

Their are lots of all the weapons.  Metal Hammer has a long vary tree and Bone has its own tree.  I use hammers and lances in Tri.  Peco was one of the first major ones I got.

General rule of thumb when you have a weapon that does Impact damage (Hammer and Hunting Horns mostly) then you'll want to be striking near the head of the monster so that you can accumulate knock out damage.  With Piercing weapons (Swords and Lances) you'll want to be near the tail so that you can get damage in to cut it.  Lances really in general tend to stay in the middle when other piercing weapons are in play to be out of the way.

You've probably noticed with Hammers they can knock people around easily.  I haven't used them in MH3U so I don't know if they tweaked anything.  I actually like the horn because its like the hammer but doesn't have the spin move.  Though it also doesn't have the super move.

Alright, well I'll be on at 8:30cst tonight bar anything weird happening.  I'll pop back in with where the room in.

Though you can go:
Open the Menu -> Goto Online -> Friends List -> Press L to sort for active on top -> Select me -> Port to me.

I almost bought the game digitally last night. :(
Knowing from experience buying it today would be to late.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2013, 02:17:56 PM »
Why would it be too late?

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2013, 02:19:35 PM »
Why would it be too late?
If you wanted to play tonight.  It took the whole night for it to download for me.  6+ hrs on a really fast internet connection.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2013, 02:20:33 PM »
Yeah, it'll probably take me three days, if not more, to download the game. How many GB is it?

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2013, 02:33:52 PM »
Yeah, it'll probably take me three days, if not more, to download the game. How many GB is it?
Its either 6GB or 16GB if Memory serves.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2013, 02:40:48 PM »
It's 16 GB, probably. 6 is too small.

Offline lolmonade

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2013, 06:25:42 PM »

Edit:
Alright Looks like we be meeting at 6cst.  My Son goes to bed at 8cst so anytime after about 8:30cst should be ok for me. 

http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MH3U:_Guild_Quests

I'm not sure what everyone needs but lolmonade could use dash if DSing it so maybe hunt some Ludroth their not to bad.  I enjoy the bunny since he's actually toned down from the demo.

I'm not certain when I'll be free this evening, but my best guess will be 10/10:30 EST (9/9:30 CST).  I can try to see where i'm at and if I'm in a good position to attempt online play when I get on and if you guys are still on.