Author Topic: Ubisoft Announces Cosmic Family for Wii  (Read 3935 times)

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Ubisoft Announces Cosmic Family for Wii
« on: January 16, 2007, 09:40:22 AM »
This learning game for youngsters is due to release mid-2007.

UBISOFT ANNOUNCES COSMIC FAMILY(TM) FOR THE Wii(TM)    

Space Adventure for Children Promotes Early Learning  Through Stimulating and Fun Mini-Games    

SAN FRANCISCO - January 16, 2007 - Today Ubisoft, one of the world's largest video game publishers, announced that Cosmic Family(TM), an exciting space   adventure geared toward young children for the Wii(TM) and developed by   Ubisoft's Barcelona studio, will launch worldwide in mid-2007. By simply   pointing their Wii Remote(TM), players will embark on an interactive tour of the Cosmic Family's action-packed rocket.    

"Cosmic Family is a great title for young Wii players and their families,   with simple point-and-click controls that will be easy to learn and provide   the freedom to navigate wherever players choose to go," said Tony Key, vice   president of marketing at Ubisoft.  "Families will enjoy playing this game   together, as it unfolds more like an interactive adventure than a   traditional video game."    

Players will have a chance to interact with the Cosmic Family, where they   will meet Mom and Dad Cosmic, Big Sister, the two small children, the aloof   dog, the lazy cat, and plenty of colorful monsters. With 15 early-learning   mini-games found throughout the five floors of the rocket-house, families   can pilot a rocket into space, discover what the stars are hiding, create   and color whimsical images, customize rooms, brush a monster's teeth, play   dress-up with various characters, nurture plants from seeds and more. This   fun, original and colorful game is designed to improve children's memory,   hand-eye coordination, creativity and imagination.

Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: Ubisoft Announces Cosmic Family for Wii
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 09:55:33 AM »
"Cosmic Family(TM), an exciting space adventure geared toward young children"

Uh oh.  No good will come from this.  Anything INTENTIONALLY designed for young kids is usually a bust.  The best "kids stuff" is usually designed for anyone to enjoy but with content inappropriate for kids not included.  In short stuff made for kids sucks but stuff made in such a way that kids CAN enjoy it can be great.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 11:29:04 AM »
Like Mortal Kombat.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
RE:Ubisoft Announces Cosmic Family for Wii
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 12:12:36 PM »
I dunno, I used to get some very spread thin on the toast fun out of The Magic Schoolbus (gimmicknon) games! Just include a dodgy Space Invaders clone with everything and you're set.

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 01:46:19 PM »
isn't lego starwars ment for kids? Adults ended up liking it.  but then again, this isn't a popular licenced francise.

I just hope Disaster: day of crysis could come out so people can see that every wii game doesn't need to be made for kids.
Wemen are like Artichokes, you have to work hard to get to there hearts.

http://duhduhduhduh.phantomhourglass.org/main.php?id=8534

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2007, 03:43:48 PM »
Lego Star Wars was made for everyone.

It's like the difference between Cars and Ice Age.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2007, 03:54:11 PM »

Originally posted by: Ian Sane
"Cosmic Family(TM), an exciting space adventure geared toward young children"

Uh oh.  No good will come from this.  Anything INTENTIONALLY designed for young kids is usually a bust.  The best "kids stuff" is usually designed for anyone to enjoy but with content inappropriate for kids not included.  In short stuff made for kids sucks but stuff made in such a way that kids CAN enjoy it can be great.

Mr. Rogers says you are WRONG.

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2007, 05:27:45 PM »

It has pretty good graphics.

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2007, 07:38:31 PM »

Originally posted by: Infernal Monkey
Just include a dodgy Space Invaders clone with everything and you're set.

All I can think about at this point is JERKPAC that was buried deep inside Donkey Kong 64.

You know a game sucks when you play a totally unrelated minigame more than you play the actual game

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2007, 01:54:58 AM »
I'm not crazy about this game's chances myself, but Nintendo has shown us that it can capture new markets, I think Ubisoft is on the right track, but it chose the wrong market.  Little kids can't afford their own games, and parents are going to think twice since similar PC software is much cheaper.

I think the game will need an attractive price.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX