Author Topic: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)  (Read 1157387 times)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Re: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)
« Reply #4325 on: February 06, 2020, 06:47:34 PM »
From what i understand is Raimi just wanted to do a movie with Sandman and then Sony made sure it had all the Venom stuff.

I could see Raimi in charge of Dr. Strange. It's called The Multiverse of Madness which is a reference to the Cthulhu mythos. The Evil Dead series had the Necronomicon. Spider-man 2 had tentacle murder straight out of Evil Dead.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #4326 on: February 07, 2020, 04:49:52 AM »
Someone, somewhere, had suggested it'd be fun if Toby had a cameo/small part as an older, more mature Spider-Man from another universe in the new Doc Strange movie.  Strange getting to interact with the polar opposite of the young, jokey, immature Spider-Man of his own universe while giving Raimi a chance to play in the Tobyverse once more anf helping to open the possibility of a live action Spiderverse movie.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #4327 on: February 07, 2020, 10:09:09 AM »
Someone, somewhere, had suggested it'd be fun if Toby had a cameo/small part as an older, more mature Spider-Man from another universe in the new Doc Strange movie.  Strange getting to interact with the polar opposite of the young, jokey, immature Spider-Man of his own universe while giving Raimi a chance to play in the Tobyverse once more anf helping to open the possibility of a live action Spiderverse movie.

Not to mention the Morbius trailer has a poster of the Tobey Spider-Man with "Murderer" written across it, and then MCU Vulture shows up in his prison fit.
bringing in Raimi to bridge the gap between the MCU as we know it and the Sonyverse as it once was and continues to try to be could be interesting.

Especially since if they explain all the connection away with "multi-verse madness" MCU proper can continue to ignore it, and Sony can go ape-**** and do whatever and none of it matters. Everyone's happy. Holland can stay and play.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4328 on: February 09, 2020, 06:41:26 PM »
Well, as we can recall from the email leaks, Sony did consider having a cross-over with Toby and Andrew Garfield.  So, this isn't outside the realm of possibility.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #4329 on: February 09, 2020, 09:36:07 PM »
Spider-verse 2.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4330 on: February 24, 2020, 10:30:54 PM »
I don't really think this is MCU related, but I also don't want to start a new thread....
Honestly, normally I wouldn't even post this, but this place has been far too quiet.

I got a story on my phone today that there is a "rumor" that AT&T is about to license the DC characters to Marvel to do the comic side of things. That Kevin Feige, who is now head of pretty much all of Marvel, will now be taking on the DC Comics side of things. That Warners may want to get out of the publishing side of things since they just fired their head honcho for a failed brand cohesiveness between movies, merch, marketing and comics.

and that this will somehow lead to a DC comics and movies that crossover to the MCU/Marvelverse using the soon to be established Multiverse of Madness.

Is anyone supposed to believe anything like this could happen. I know we said the same thing about Spider-Man showing up in the MCU (which they also mentioned in the article I read) and we said the same thing about X-Men ever getting in the MCU, and even more so back in the hands of Marvel. EVER.
but this is truly ridiculous. they were citing some "youtuber" as the source, but c'mon mayne. I call bullshit. Had I seen the source (cosmicbooknews I think), I never would've entertained it, but google pushed it to me, so I thought it was based on something legit when I clicked on it.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 10:45:31 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #4331 on: February 24, 2020, 10:40:23 PM »
There is no way AT&T would sell off DC Comics, there is too much money to be had there.  However, corporations are pretty stupid, and AT&T could have never seen value in DC Comics and therefore might be willing to shed that part of Time Warner because they never wanted that to begin with.

That said, I do know that in the latest Count Down to Dooms Day comic Dr. Manhattan makes mention of Superman defeating Thor with the help of a Green Monster.  That is obviously a reference to the Marvel Universe.  So this could be just a crossover even that both Marvel and DC are going to work together to develop.  I think it would be fun to have a single comic universe with all these characters, but in the end.  The DC World and Marvel World just don't really mix, and they have several characters that are basically the same character just in different context.  That said, it would be really fun to see the symbol of pure Hope (Superman) in the Marvel universe.  I think even Captain America would be annoyed with his Boy Scott optimism. 

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4332 on: February 24, 2020, 10:43:59 PM »
looks like I had a sentence that got cut-off and disappeared in the middle there. LOL
i'm gonna go fix that real quick.

edit:
Now if this was just whispers of a joint comic crossover event that got taken out of context and then blown out of proportions, then fine, i'm ok with that.

DC straight licensing out the entire IP to Marvel to do the comics for them.... yeah, I don't think so.
Feige got enough on his plate re-aligning the comics, the movies, the TV shows, the animations, the merchandise, etc etc (note: the article said DC wasn't selling, just licensing out DC comics).

although I do remember a story that DC was being shopped a long while back and it was either Marvel or Disney had the opportunity to purchase it but didn't.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 10:50:53 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #4333 on: February 25, 2020, 03:20:42 AM »
I've heard this talk, but it sounds like total bullshit. Warner just made 475 million in profit off a side character in the DC universe. They aren't selling ****. They're going to see DC as integral to making money in the future. Exploiting DC through HBO is going to be very profitable in the future. They're probably going to make billions off the next Batman trilogy. If I were to quantify how much DC is worth. DC IP is probably worth 70 billion dollars.

In the 90s there was an amalgam comics brand that was a big crossover. The Most that is going to happen is there will be a new comics crossover.

The thing is: from a business perspective they probably don't make a lot of money of the comics. From a business perspective I'd cut their output to 1% They would just make a few graphic novels a year. I'd focus on quality over quantity. They don't need to make so much stuff. Breaking Bad > Days of Our Lives
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #4334 on: February 25, 2020, 02:53:25 PM »
This is why I am aggressive in blocking click-bait driven news sites on Google Now. If I click on an article and it is a bunch of poorly cited bs or misleading headlines I tell Google to never show me news from that site again. The only ones I have refused to block are the "big" news sources like CNN, Fox, MSNBC because I worry I might miss out on some truly important news, but they do temp me to block them.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4335 on: February 25, 2020, 04:43:39 PM »
Also not necessarily MCU related directly but....
Bob Iger steps down as Disney CEO

https://www.wsj.com/articles/disney-names-new-ceo-to-succeed-iger-11582665764

Head of Parks named as replacement CEO.
He still reports to Iger till end of contact in 2021.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #4336 on: February 25, 2020, 07:04:06 PM »
I imagine cartoonish steam is shooting out of Alan Horn’s ears.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #4337 on: February 25, 2020, 07:53:32 PM »
I mean it is interesting a new head will change things up.

Although everything is stated that needs to be stated about the DC Marvel thing.  I aways thought, that DC should take a very different approach to their comic universe. 

My idea would be to create creative teams that are in charge of telling stories involving groups of characters. 

Like a Gotham & Bludhaven series that has a strong panel of artists are writers working together that tells a year long story that involves any characters from he Batman Universe.  It would a single comic series that comes out one a week, and they might focus on Batman for a few issues move to side characters or subplots in the world, but really treat it like a novel or real world.  If a character gets hurt sideline them for awhile to heal. 

The same could be done for the Super Family.

The Titans and Young Justice.

Finally a big universe spreading single Justice Comic.

Anyway, having such few comics would help increase sales and then all these teams could have synergy working together.  There would be no need for event comics anymore, because if Batman is in the Justice League comic for a mission he pops out of the Gotham series and let's his team handle things.  Basically really making the world feel alive.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4338 on: February 25, 2020, 09:05:19 PM »
I think I saw that same article today.  Didn't it also say AT&T was going to shut down the comics division?  Comic Books aren't a wildly profitable business, so I don't blame them on not wanting to be in that business any more.  However, I think it's a bad move to sell off the whole thing.  They could try not rebooting their entire comic book library every couple of years.  That might help.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #4339 on: February 28, 2020, 12:30:51 AM »
Somebody loan me five billion so I can buy Batman.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4340 on: February 28, 2020, 01:45:21 PM »
I imagine cartoonish steam is shooting out of Alan Horn’s ears.

Good.
My Game Collection

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #4341 on: February 28, 2020, 09:00:34 PM »
What's wrong with Alan Horn?

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #4342 on: February 28, 2020, 10:53:52 PM »
What's wrong with Alan Horn?
He originally fired James Gunn. I don’t know much else about Horn other than he was really angling for the CEO position knowing Iger has wanted to retire for some time.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4343 on: February 29, 2020, 05:26:37 AM »
Exactly that. He thought firing Gunn would show his qualities as a potential successor to Iger being able to make the tough calls while the boss is on vacation. Seems pretty obvious that they decisions was pretty quickly reversed once Iger returned from vacation buy they kept the decision mum for a bit to let the social media storm blow over.
My Game Collection

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4345 on: March 08, 2020, 01:21:04 PM »
Quote from: Tessa Thompson
I've read the script. I can't tell you much. Lots of exciting text messages exchanged between Natalie and I.

Quote from: Tessa Thompson
She's king. If she can't find her queen, she'll just be king and queen at the same time.

I might be jumping to some conclusions here.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4346 on: March 09, 2020, 11:04:51 AM »
Final Black Widow Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybji16u608U

This looks good. I wasn't really hyped before and always planned to go see it. But this last trailer just raised the interest level from "mildly interested loyalty watch" to "kinda hyped opening week watch".
Task Master looked LEGIT. He's copying all sorts of Avengers in the trailer:

https://imgur.com/RFHLYpv

All the action looks to be on point too. This might be a crazy fun ride in the MCU.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 11:28:21 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #4347 on: March 09, 2020, 11:45:04 AM »
Final Black Widow Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybji16u608U

This looks good. I wasn't really hyped before and always planned to go see it. But this last trailer just raised the interest level from "mildly interested loyalty watch" to "kinda hyped opening week watch".
Task Master looked LEGIT. He's copying all sorts of Avengers in the trailer:

https://imgur.com/RFHLYpv

All the action looks to be on point too. This might be a crazy fun ride in the MCU.

Been very excited for this movie since before it was announced.   I am totally looking forward to it.

Also for those unfamilar with "The Red Room Program" you can learn about it from this video.

For BnM and others- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aelni2416YM
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #4348 on: March 11, 2020, 08:43:29 AM »
As to the actual trailer it looks really good and there is lots of different easter eggs and touches that may not be noticed.  New Rockstars, Emergency Awesome, Screen Crush and CBR have really good breakdown videos of the final trailer if you don't mind looking into lore and possible spoilers. 

For Bnm and others- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAamwcESrwE

For Bnm and others- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjSN18OHYRY&t=211s

For BnM and others- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRoh_ThNyyY

For BnM and others- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-0H8Y_lZ6g
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 09:23:55 AM by BeautifulShy »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4349 on: April 06, 2020, 11:09:44 AM »
Release date updates for the MCU

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/black-widow-mulan-nab-new-release-dates-jungle-cruise-delayed-a-year-1286854
Black Widow's new home of Nov. 6 used to belong to Eternals, which now goes out on Feb. 12, 2021, a date previously inhabited by Shang-Chi. The latter is moving to May 7, 2021, displacing Doctor Strange 2, now set for Nov. 5, 2021. That prompted Thor: Love And Thunder to relocate to Feb. 28, 2022. Black Panther 2's May 8, 2020 date is unchanged, while Captain Marvel 2 is moving up two weeks to July 8, 2022.

This give Raimi time to button up that new script (assuming that rumor was true)
also means no more weird SFX like that last BP scene. SFX teams now have many many extra months to fine tune and polish those visuals to be 110% realistic now. LOL