Author Topic: So we still don't know...  (Read 6412 times)

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
So we still don't know...
« on: June 04, 2009, 09:04:30 AM »
What Retro, NST, Intelligent Systems or Monolith are doing.

Monolith i can semi-understand, given they had to work on Brawl and tha slowed Disaster's release. But all the others haven't released anything in 2 years or more. NST haven't released anything this generation. What exactly are they doing??!

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Re: So we still don't know...
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 10:21:13 AM »
Monoda is Monolith Soft's next Wii game. It was revealed at Nintendo's press site.

Retro is said to be working on their project, but said that they weren't ready to show it.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 11:46:25 AM »
What about Brownie Brown?

Offline Tanookisuit

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
    • jeremytinder.com
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 12:56:05 PM »
Where is the game that Matt C from IGN was hinting about last week?  He said it would be something that would make perfect sense for the system, and everyone would want to own it- a must have.  There were monkey sounds playing in the background as a hint, so I was totally expecting a new Donkey Kong.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 02:13:13 PM »
Whats this toonisuit? can I see a link? I do beleive you I just want to read it and hear it for myself.

Man had I seen that before E3 and really expected a new DK I would have been really dissapointed.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 02:18:42 PM »
I really think Nintendo cut their conference short this year. It felt incomplete.
I'm guessing since MS & Sony leaked 97% of their conferences ahead of time, Nintendo did'n't feel the need to show their entire hand at E3 and decided to save the rest for the October showing or should dare say..... Wait for SpaceWorld :D

seriously though, I relly think they were holding back since they didn't even mention all the games that they had on the show floor nor did they even make a peep about sales figures (sony was talking sales... now that was a shocker)

Offline Tanookisuit

• View Profile
    • jeremytinder.com
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 02:41:40 PM »
Whats this toonisuit? can I see a link? I do beleive you I just want to read it and hear it for myself.

Man had I seen that before E3 and really expected a new DK I would have been really dissapointed.

Nintendo Voicechat Podcast, Episode 47, about 14 minutes in.

Offline Tanookisuit

• View Profile
    • jeremytinder.com
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2009, 02:43:51 PM »
Re-listening to it, I think they're probably talking about NSMBW.  I'm not sure.  I think the monkey sound is just a coincidence. 

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2009, 06:27:48 PM »
Maybe Rare is working on a 1st person perspective Donkey Kong game.
is your sanity...

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2009, 06:31:59 PM »
I really think Nintendo cut their conference short this year. It felt incomplete.
I'm guessing since MS & Sony leaked 97% of their conferences ahead of time, Nintendo did'n't feel the need to show their entire hand at E3 and decided to save the rest for the October showing or should dare say..... Wait for SpaceWorld :D

seriously though, I relly think they were holding back since they didn't even mention all the games that they had on the show floor nor did they even make a peep about sales figures (sony was talking sales... now that was a shocker)

The fact that Miyamoto didn't even appear on stage convinces me that they held back many things.

Maybe they are saving some announcemens for the rumored Japanese conference (unless that was also complete BS).
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2009, 07:21:26 PM »
We still don't know where Mario Party 9 is. I'm kind of surprised they'd throw away such a strong-selling series just like that.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2009, 07:32:04 PM »
Miyamoto still hasn't discussed Catroots, Riqa, and Kirby GC.  So disappointed.

But is New Super Mario Bros. Wii actually the old Kirby GC project transformed?
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2009, 07:34:09 PM »
But is New Super Mario Bros. Wii actually the old Kirby GC project transformed?
Only if Mario can now inhale enemies and copy their abilities.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2009, 07:38:49 PM »
Yoshi inhales teammates.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2009, 07:40:17 PM »
And copies their abilities?

Offline Michael8983

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2009, 07:57:57 PM »
I think Nintendo did hold back a little. It announced enough to appease people but probably held back on a lot that could have really blown us away.
Notice how people are not bitching about Nintendo having a terrible show or catering exclusively to casuals this year. Course they're not exactly claiming Nintendo as the undisputed winner of E3 either.
MS and Sony's shows didn't appear to be all that impressive either. A handful of big games between them along with two very obvious Wii rip-off accessories with no REAL games to go along with them.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2009, 08:48:46 PM »
People are supposed to be bitching there's only 2 Wii games coming this year from Nintendo.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2009, 09:41:15 PM »
People are supposed to be bitching there's only 2 Wii games coming this year from Nintendo.

The year is still less than half over. Isn't there still some conferences and **** in august or september that Nintendo uses to reveal its holiday lineup? There might be a few surprises Nintendo still has up their sleeves for this year.
is your sanity...

Offline AV

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2009, 12:10:36 PM »

i don't really mind. 3rd party developers are really stepping up this year.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2009, 12:16:24 PM »
Then you should be discussing that with Ian.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2009, 12:16:52 PM »

i don't really mind. 3rd party developers are really stepping up this year.
And we should be able to play some of those games early 2010

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2009, 01:08:05 PM »
The year is still less than half over. Isn't there still some conferences and **** in august or september that Nintendo uses to reveal its holiday lineup? There might be a few surprises Nintendo still has up their sleeves for this year.

It didn't happen last year.  They showed Warioland, Animal Crossing Port and Wii Music and those three titles were exactly what we got between E3 and the end of the year.

They could pull an Excitebots and just pull some game out of their ass at the last minute but last year they didn't.  If Nintendo shows anything later in the year I figure it would be for 2010/11 titles like Punch-Out and S&P2 were last year.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2009, 01:20:55 PM »
Well Nintendos sshow felt incomplete like they cut a bunch of stuff to hold back for a later time & date.

I hear there is a conference in Aug and TGS is in Oct., so with Nintendo's new policy of reveal about 90 from release, that would be the perfect times to focus on games being released october-January.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2009, 01:39:04 PM »

It didn't happen last year.  They showed Warioland, Animal Crossing Port and Wii Music and those three titles were exactly what we got between E3 and the end of the year.

They could pull an Excitebots and just pull some game out of their ass at the last minute but last year they didn't.  If Nintendo shows anything later in the year I figure it would be for 2010/11 titles like Punch-Out and S&P2 were last year.

Why do you keep ignoring the talk about third party games after demanding them for so long?

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2009, 01:55:27 PM »

Why do you keep ignoring the talk about third party games after demanding them for so long?

Ian goes by the principal, if you can't say anything negative, don't say anything at all.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144