Author Topic: Rate the last movie you've seen  (Read 1537661 times)

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last movie you've seen
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2009, 04:11:21 AM »
Quantum of Solace 4.5/10

Rubbish. Boring, confusing action scenes. Most insulting was final sequence and coming in at second was the retarded aircraft fight. Good thing I didn't pay money to see this.

Taken 8.5/10

Everything QoS isn't. Straight forward, well cut and choreographed fight scenes. Interrogation scenes which make Jack Bauer as effective as the idiots from Harry and Kumar go to Gitmo. I wished I paid money to go to the movies to watch this.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2009, 04:17:37 AM »
Quantum of Solace 4.5/10

Rubbish. Boring, confusing action scenes. Most insulting was final sequence and coming in at second was the retarded aircraft fight. Good thing I didn't pay money to see this.

Taken 8.5/10

Everything QoS isn't. Straight forward, well cut and choreographed fight scenes. Interrogation scenes which make Jack Bauer as effective as the idiots from Harry and Kumar go to Gitmo. I wished I paid money to go to the movies to watch this.

What I loved about Taken is that it avoided many cliches, when in most movies he would let them live this one he would just kill them.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2009, 10:47:14 AM »
The icing on the cake is that the bad guys always try to negotiate.

A good thriller/action movie are hard to come by these days. Everybody's trying so hard to out Bay, Micheal Bay without realizing Bay doesn't know WTF he's doing. If all I wanted to see was some big explosions, I would go and watch Mythbusters which has bonus science content.

This Bond "trilogy" is starting following the same damn pattern as the Brosnan era. Starts off amazing, then goes into lamesville, improves slightly before entering WTH zone of Star Trek.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2009, 10:53:54 AM »
Quantum of Solace 4.5/10

Taken 8.5/10

I agree with these reviews. But I like the Bond character, but the script and directing for QoS was just horrible. I think I wrote my opinion in the thread on that movie. It wasn't even really a bond movie which was really disappointing and to compare it to the Dalton Era is making me lose more hope for it recovering in the future.

Taken on the other hand was great. It was good from beginning to end with striaght forward action and badassery all around. The man was ready to die if it meant getting his daughter back & no friend or foe shall stand in his way. As much as I'd want to see a "sequel" I really hope thay they don't do it even though the movie was decently successful at the box office.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2009, 10:54:25 AM »
Quantum of Solace 4.5/10

Taken 8.5/10

What I loved about Taken is that it avoided many cliches, when in most movies he would let them live this one he would just kill them.

Exactly, and other unexpected things like when he shot his friends wife!! I didn't see that coming at all, cuz you never see that sorta thing in these movies.

Last movie i saw, well rewatched:

Knocked Up: 7/10

It's one of those movies i can watch from time to time and not really get too sick of it, but its not ROFPYPLMAO* funny. The thing is, i was bored and watched the bonus disc features over the weekend and i gotta give the second disc a 10/10 lol...

There was a mini documentary showing the different actors they went through for the lead role before they got Seth Rogen and my god.. it was the funniest/most intense dvd extra i've ever seen! First they had Michael Serra doing his usual stuff, you know that weird delivery he gives. He couldn't take directions for **** though and showed one of the worst performances i've ever seen, then got into a huge fight with the director, Judd Apatow, and threw the biggest hissy fit i've ever seen..  yet Judd was the one who walked off set cursing up a storm and even breaking a wine glass lol I thought to myself "man, now i know why all [you guys] call him a lil bitch"

It gets better though, they then showed Orlando Bloom and his massive ego! They show him doing a scene and the director is upset because he's not doing an American accent like they had appearantly discussed. The directer wanted the American accent and felt Bloom probably just couldn't do one but lied about it to get the role. He tries using his "star power" on the guy too, saying **** like "Listen, Judd, people love the accent. Pirates of the Carribean, Lord of the Rings.. do you even know how big my demographic is? You're the one losing out if you don't let me do my thing here" lmao.. wow, just wow

There's even more still! James Franco (spiderman 1-3) tries stealing a scene away from some new actor and her first role in a feature film, with an improv that Apatow wasn't feeling and felt was distracting from the story. They get into this huge fight, but it was more personal than just ego's clashing. Franco basically came out and admited he was bitter at Apatow for not letting him "shine" or whatever back when they worked on "Freaks & Geeks" together. It was a very WTF? moment for me cuz i've never even heard of "Freaks & Geeks". I found it strange though that even though they had this huge fight with Franco as the lead role, he still made a cameo in the movie, being interviewed as himself.. guess they patched things up? Figured they wouldn't after Judd walks away from him saying "Sam Raimi told me not to hire you" lol..

There were a few other people who had the role, but none of them were as explosive as those 3.. geez. The other guys that had the part are all people i've seen in film before, but they're always small roles. One guy i've seen in 10 things i hate about you (i think that was him) and Harold & Kumar 1. Another is some guy i've seen in a lot of Adam Sandler movies, and he got pissy when everyone could improvise but him lol that was pretty funny. Who else.. eh doesnt matter, this post is long enough.
The extras were VERY entertaining and i just had to score it higher than the film lol
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2009, 11:10:03 AM »
Quantum of Solace 4.5/10

Taken 8.5/10

I agree with these reviews. But I like the Bond character, but the script and directing for QoS was just horrible. I think I wrote my opinion in the thread on that movie. It wasn't even really a bond movie which was really disappointing and to compare it to the Dalton Era is making me lose more hope for it recovering in the future.

Taken on the other hand was great. It was good from beginning to end with striaght forward action and badassery all around. The man was ready to die if it meant getting his daughter back & no friend or foe shall stand in his way. As much as I'd want to see a "sequel" I really hope thay they don't do it even though the movie was decently successful at the box office.

If you say his name, he will come..
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Patchkid15

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2009, 11:11:41 AM »
Whos going to Harry Potter tonight at Midnight... I am looking forward to all opinions of those who are :)

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2009, 12:46:16 PM »
Don't wail on the Dalton. At least they had the decency back then to hang actual people out of real flying planes. Hell Moore threw real people out of real planes and that was just the opening sequence.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2009, 12:51:07 PM »
Whos going to Harry Potter tonight at Midnight... I am looking forward to all opinions of those who are :)

Hmmm it is tempting!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2009, 01:39:41 PM »
Don't wail on the Dalton. At least they had the decency back then to hang actual people out of real flying planes. Hell Moore threw real people out of real planes and that was just the opening sequence.

THIS! most MOIST statement i've read all day.

Just look at his eyes in the picture i posted.. those are the eyes of a man who throws actual people out of actual airplains FOR FUNSIES. Hell, he's so secure in his manliness he even says the word "funsies"!

Offline jay-z

• ✩ ✩ ✩
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • blog
« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2009, 01:17:04 AM »
i just watched "i still know what you did last summer" lolol

i give it a 0.0 overall but a 10.0 in lulz
jennifer zarichnyj
contributing editor

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2009, 01:28:20 AM »
Doubt
Sucked Ass/10

My wife is no longer allowed to pick movies.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2009, 01:29:58 AM »
I <3 Knocked Up so very much, I must watch those extras.

I'm not seeing Harry Potter at midnight but I am seeing it at some point tomorrow.  I'm not the biggest Potter fan you'll ever meet, but strangely I've been hyped for this movie for a very long time...which is made even more strange by the fact that none of the movies so far have been spectacular...but THIS ONE WILL BE GREAT I CAN FEEL IT.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Patchkid15

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2009, 09:25:12 AM »
Harry Potter 6 : 8.5/10

A Short Review:

The movie felt choppy at times, the scenes were short and jumped between characters quickly. On the bright side, all of the important moments were spot on. David Yates, the director, invited comedy back into the series whether it be in the form of Dumbledore asking Harry about his personal life, or a love-sick Ron after being poisoned by a love potion. Jim Broadbent put on a spectacular role as Professor Slughorn. If you have ever read the books you know that Slughorn is a very important character in the story, and you will not forget it, his face gets lots of screen time during the 150 min. movie. The movie in general wasn't bad, it just could have been better. The acting was spot on but it lacked the epic feel which gave all of the movies a personality.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 15, 2009, 10:34:40 AM »
I <3 Knocked Up so very much, I must watch those extras.

Just to clarify, so you're not dissapointed, the version i have was a two disc and the bonus features i described are on the second, bonus, disc (ie seperate from the dvd the movie is on. Most of the extras were good, on both discs actually. Hell i even recommend watching the movie with commentary.

One of the funnest commentary tracks i've ever heard was on another Judd Apatow movie, Forgetting Sarah Marshall. The majority of the cast was there just joking around, having a good time.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 15, 2009, 01:37:28 PM »
Doubt
Sucked Ass/10

My wife is no longer allowed to pick movies.

I liked doubt.  :(
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 15, 2009, 07:59:22 PM »
Bruno is on the list next. However i'm expecting an assault of weewee and tatty bo jangles with this film..

THIS! most MOIST statement i've read all day.

Someone called for me?

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #67 on: July 15, 2009, 08:35:37 PM »
Public Enemies: 5/10

I'm being very generous here.  Too long, too much camera movement, too many more things to complain about.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 16, 2009, 01:02:32 AM »
Public Enemies: 8.5/10

Good story, even better acting, but overall it is too slow and drawn out.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 16, 2009, 10:03:40 AM »

This is why scores are meaningless :)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2009, 12:44:18 PM »

No. This is a call to take sides. Now everyone must go see this movie and see who we agree with most.
the loser shall be shamed for making such an off base review and none of his future reviews(or opinions) will ever matter again.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2009, 02:26:55 PM »

No. This is a call to take sides. Now everyone must go see this movie and see who we agree with most.
the loser shall be shamed for making such an off base review and none of his future reviews(or opinions) will ever matter again.

Nope, i'm one of these hardcore elitist gamer movie goers that would rather spend time bashing a movie for a bad score (bad = <8.0) than ever trying to play see it myself and form my own opinions. I am sheep, and the first review won me over. Doubt is a POS in my mind now.

;)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 16, 2009, 02:38:19 PM »

I won't watch this movie till it hits Netflix

Nope, i'm one of these hardcore elitist gamer movie goers that would rather spend time bashing a movie for a bad score (bad = <8.0) than ever trying to play see it myself and form my own opinions. I am sheep, and the first review won me over. Doubt is a POS in my mind now.

;)

So you're siding with Nickmitch?
The line in the sand has been drawn... which side does everyone else choose?

Nickmitch - 2

Stogi - 1
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 02:45:04 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 16, 2009, 02:58:27 PM »
Note: I'm only siding with nickmitch because i never planned on seeing doubt anyway. Doesn't look like my type of movie, despite how criticaly acclaimed it was. Being able to say "i heard it sucked (from a friend* of mine)" gets me out of ever being guilt tripped into watching it.

*i use the term friend loosely in this scenario, obviously.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 16, 2009, 03:13:26 PM »
Harry Potter:

Spoilers, I guess.

Not sure what to think about this one.  It's probably my favorite of the HP movies, but that's not saying too much since I wasn't enthralled with any of them.  I realize a lot needs to be cut from the books to fit a time slot, but some of the things omitted really bothered me...The scene in the cave was very cool if not a little too short, but the ending on top of the astronomy tower was just terrible.  First of all I was really looking forward to the epic battle in the castle and extremely disappointed that the entire thing was just ignored.  Plus in the book Dumbledore immobilizes Harry during that scene, but in the movie Harry just watches from below...which I guess is nitpicking slightly, but it does change the scene's meaning quite a bit.  Plus the whole scene should have been more tense and emotional, and just felt...flat, and boring.  Including the funeral would have helped things out quite a bit, that was a stupid thing to leave out.  I don't really care about the omission of the new Minister of Magic though, they really had to leave all that out or else the film would have been way too long.

The pacing was horrible too, especially at the beginning; why even include the fact that the Muggle world is being attacked if there's only going to be one (two minute) scene mentioning it?  THOSE ATTACKS ARE SIGNIFICANT.  The entire point is that the entire world, both wizard and muggle communities, is at stake and it's up to Harry to save it.  The movies lack that epic atmosphere; it all seems too claustrophobic.  It's all about Harry and Hogwarts.  That was fine at first but we're coming up on the end of the series, it's time to move past that.

That said, the movie had a lot of personality and was quite funny at times.  The special effects were spectacular was well; the Quidditch match was incredible, as was the aforementioned scene in the cave.  The art direction and cinematography were also top notch (I loved some of the outdoor shots of the castle), and the acting has improved.  Like I said above, despite my complaints it is one of the better HP movies and worth seeing for fans.

So....uhhh....7/10?  I guess.  Needed much more Luna Lovegood though, seriously.

God I am such a nerd.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa