Author Topic: Splatoon 2.2 Announced: Multiple Balance Changes Incoming  (Read 1231 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Splatoon 2.2 Announced: Multiple Balance Changes Incoming
« on: October 15, 2015, 04:00:13 PM »

Spoilers: You won't be unleashing the Kraken as much.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/41322/splatoon-22-announced-multiple-balance-changes-incoming

A major update for Splatoon is coming early next week, and it's bringing a whole host of balance changes.

The listed changes (PDF link) cover multiple weapon buffs and debuffs such as rollers needing to hit dead center for a one-hit splat, walk speed increases for the N-Zap line and adding additional Rainmaker shield damage to the Slosher line. Sub and Special weapons have come in for a nerf, most notably the Kraken.

Changes have also been made for balanced in Ranked battles, and the calculation of points for S and S+ ranks will be changed as well. The patch will launch Tuesday evening in North America and Wednesday in the rest of the world at standard update times. The notes do not mention if this patch will enable playable Octolings, but that may fall under the "improvements to the game experience" disclaimer.

The next Splatoon weapon has also been announced for tomorrow night; The Rapid Blaster Pro is a variant that comes with increased range, sacrificing a bit of damage, and comes with Seekers and the Inkzooka.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Cellsai

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Splatoon 2.2 Announced: Multiple Balance Changes Incoming
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 12:37:24 AM »
RIP Rollers

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2015, 02:00:14 AM »
The Great Roller Fall. Also, Blasters are diminished in their one-shot potential.

Ink strike and the Aerosprays are untouched. The dev team must be happy with them as they are

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2015, 08:00:09 AM »
As a sniper and splatling user, I welcome the the Great Roller Nerf of October. I know it takes great skill to man the roller and repeatedly splash it around, but I hated it for the most part.

Also, I don't know when this was implemented, but I'm glad that on 3v4 ranked matches the handicapped team only drops 1 point now on a loss. It was annoying to lose 10-12 points just because someone dropped out of the match before it started and we were at a disadvantage.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2015, 08:25:39 PM »
I don't know how much the heavy splatling needed that ink usage decrease for combat, I mean that thing already has an absurd amount of offensive pressure...

Although maybe they did that to make it more viable for spreading ink in turf wars where you're more likely to run into that issue.

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2015, 10:33:12 PM »
I appreciate the lowered ink usage for the Heavy Splatling since I want to play well with it. I didn't find the amount of ink it used before to be restricting, but it did slow an already contemplative weapon.

Now if only I could choose my spots well when using the Heavy Splatling.