Author Topic: Awesome Video Game Music Thread. Current Themes: "Snow" and "Festival"  (Read 3326 times)

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
I suppose we'll start this off with the music for the Caedus fight in Monster Hunter Tri (which returns in Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate although due to the expanded singleplayer content it's no longer the final boss..) The fight itself is unfortunately a bit of a wash (pun intended) but it really sells you on the idea that the Caedus is some kind of mythical legendary creature in a way that none of the other elder dragons have been able to. It's really impressive.

It will be about 800 years before I reach the end of Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 days at the rate i'm going and that's a real shame because thanks to my primary exposure to the series being through a riff of the bizarre machinima they did of the game's storyline for one of the compilations i've already been spoiled on the entire thing and one of the commentators made certain to mention that the game's final boss theme is excellent. He was right.

The final boss theme for Link's Awakening is extremely unsettling in a good way. It's really good and holds up today.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 01:47:28 PM by pokepal148 »

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Awesome Video Game Music Thread. Current Theme: Final Boss music
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 11:40:53 PM »
The recent Kirby games have really nailed it.  The final bosses have been insanely epic and the music has been one of the reasons why.

The most recent game, Star Allies goes from this.

to this

then the final phase of the fight when we see the final boss true form and realize this creature is somehow related to Kirby, we get this.

Lets not forget the madness of Planet Robots final boss

Phase One

Phase Two

Phase Three

And the last phase that only happens if you're playing on the True Arena

Might as well bring Triple Deluxe since it really nailed it as well.

Phase One

Phase Two

Final Phase
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 11:58:41 PM by Luigi Dude »
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 10:55:59 AM »
Here's two I beat this year:
The Last Story's final boss theme feels rather disconnected from the rest of the more orchestral soundtrack. It's appropriate given the setting though. Spent a LOT of time listening to this one since it took me well over an hour to beat the final boss. The weird grunting and screeching noises kinda make it creepier.

And Donkey Kong Country Returns was even tougher and way more frustrating. This song though feels like it fell right out the Metroid Prime soundtrack folder over at Retro. Cool tune.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 09:25:02 PM »
Ghetsis in Pokémon Black and White is the leader of Team Plasma and also ends up serving as the game's Final Boss. He basically drops any pretense of being a decent human being once you foil his plans and reveals himself to be a complete psycopath who gives a really fucked up verbal beatdown to one of the characters before battling you with his very well balanced team of extremely powerful pokemon. Basically the only line he doesn't cross is that he doesn't attempt to outright murder someone (and he totally tries to murder your character in Black 2 and White 2 so he certainly isn't above that kind of thing.)

Basically Ghetsis is pretty much just an irredeemable piece of **** and his battle music reflects that.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2018, 12:42:04 AM »
Here's one that I think more people should listen to since the game wasn't as popular and a certain glitch in the North American version made it impossible for some to even get to this fight.

Pandora's Tower

Such a beautiful song that you don't usually hear as a boss theme in games.  It fits the mood of the final fight perfectly when you realize the whole thing is about love.  You're trying to save the woman you love, but the main villain you're fighting is doing what she's doing because of love as well.  It makes the whole thing rather tragic despite its happy sound.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2018, 07:35:09 PM »

Monster Hunter is basically rapidly reaching the heights of great video game soundtracks like Castlevania and Ace Attorney. It's really good.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 12:04:32 AM by pokepal148 »

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
Re: Awesome Video Game Music Thread. Current Themes: "Snow" and "Festival"
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2018, 01:48:51 PM »
Let's get into the holiday spirit boys.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2018, 10:41:11 PM »
Can't go wrong with the "Snowman" track from Earthbound

https://youtu.be/AzlhLX-4AW4

And the Brawl remix for good measure

https://youtu.be/g7KFInVRDFc
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2018, 10:43:45 AM »
Kirby's Epic Yarn has a few tracks that have a very winter feel to them.

Frosty Wheel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBLpyM5s_KY

Snowy Fields:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T9NralDMew