Author Topic: Wrestling discussion  (Read 110247 times)

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
Re: Wrestling discussion
« Reply #125 on: May 12, 2011, 09:51:02 PM »
That was really funny.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 20, 2011, 02:28:12 PM »
R.I.P. Macho Man Randy Savage
http://www.tmz.com/2011/05/20/randy-savage-car-accident-macho-man-dead-dies-died-killed-wwe-wrestler-florida/
Ultimately killed by a Heart Attack that caused a Car Wreck... Well I guess their is less spectacular ways to go but,  a Heart Attack what a shame.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 20, 2011, 02:45:36 PM »
I just saw the headline on MSN.  I'm actually feeling really bummed out about this.  Randy Savage was one of my absolute favourite wrestlers.

I've been watching a lot of wrestling from the 80's and 90's with my brother lately.  It's a lot of fun but it is uncomfortable when we realize that it's pretty normal to see a match where at least one of the participants is dead.  Now we've got another one. :(

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #129 on: May 20, 2011, 04:11:08 PM »
And with the first pick of the Rapture, God selects...

RIP Macho Man (oooooooh yeah).
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 21, 2011, 12:42:18 AM »
Yeah, that sucks, I was thinking about Mach the other day. I wonder if he'll be in the Hall of Fame next year...hopefully there's a nice video tribute before RAW on Monday.

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 23, 2011, 09:00:30 PM »
I'm tuning in on RAW right now to see if they mention him.

They have, "in memory of" pic, will that be it?
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 23, 2011, 09:22:57 PM »
I honestly can't believe that the pic was it.

Perhaps the rumors are true?
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #133 on: May 23, 2011, 09:27:29 PM »
What rumors?
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 23, 2011, 09:50:39 PM »
Macho Man had an affair with Stephanie McMahon

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 23, 2011, 09:59:59 PM »
...affair? Rumors are he slept with her when she was 16-17!
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 23, 2011, 10:18:18 PM »
AWESOME KONG debuting!?

Man o man!

Edit: I hate Vince. wth
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 10:20:34 PM by Toruresu »
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 23, 2011, 10:42:05 PM »
Video package at 10:40pm? Come on now...I think everyone got it at the beginning of the show!
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 28, 2011, 10:19:37 PM »
So...opinion's on C.M. Punk's promo from the end of RAW last night? That was probably the greatest moment in wrestling history.

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 11, 2011, 10:40:34 AM »
So...opinion's on C.M. Punk's promo from the end of RAW last night? That was probably the greatest moment in wrestling history.

...in history? No, but it was by far the best RAW or even WWE moment/promo in like 4-5 years. Heck, dare I say it, in mainstream wrestling.

To be honest, after watching it a few times, if it was a worked shoot, they really let him say some stuff that I would think would bother VKM. Then again, I doubt it was a shoot, if it was, as soon as he said "wrestler" they would've probably cut him off.

To me, this seems like the start of a new era, or at least it seemed like it. Did you noticed his shirt?
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #140 on: July 11, 2011, 11:01:20 PM »
Just finished watching that segment with Punk and it was pretty good. I'm kinda interested in that story that we was going to say about Vince.They cut off his microphone before he could get any words in.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 12, 2011, 12:36:08 AM »
Geez, you need to catch up. A lot of people seem to think that much of what Punk said two weeks ago was indeed unscripted, though now it seems that it is all (or almost all) part of a storyline. It's still unclear whether he has re-signed with WWE or not, but I can't see any way that Vince would let him get away with any of this if they weren't certain that he would actually sign a new contract. Then again, maybe he wants Punk to go back to ROH (which just signed a new TV deal) to build them up so he can taken them over when they start making real money. At the very least I think it's safe to say that CM Punk (who VKM referred to as Phil, his real name) is the best person on the microphone in the business today, if not all time.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #142 on: July 12, 2011, 08:29:40 PM »
I don't think WWE will be buying ROH anytime soon considering ROH was just bought by Sinclair Broadcast Group (which means people may actually be able to watch ROH on TV since almost no one has HDNet), and I don't see them selling ROH unless it bleeds money like WCW did. Anyways, it was obvious that the promo was scripted when WWE kept re-airing it throughout their other shows for the next week. It was basically like Joey Styles' "shoot" promo in 2006 when they re-launched the ECW brand. Most of what he commented on are safe topics that WWE is aware of. He may have been allowed some leeway in how he said he, but notice that he didn't mention touchy subjects like WWE being under investigation for classifying wrestlers as free agents (which allows them to avoid having to pay social security, unemployment benefits, etc. while treating the wrestlers like employees), lack of transparency in the Wellness Policy, etc. It was still a great promo, one of the best in years. Last nights follow-up was great too, and pretty much solidified Punk as a face (and makes me wish they would bring back the WWE ice cream bars, LOL).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 14, 2011, 12:30:46 AM »
The Rock put out a video responding to John Cena trash talking him in Australia, and says that he's going to show up before WrestleMania to kick his ass...and says it will happen where the Rock's career really took off - which, according to his promo on the March 28, 2011 RAW was in Chicago at his first WrestleMania...which is also the location of Money in the Bank on Sunday...

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #144 on: July 14, 2011, 01:27:08 AM »
Actually, he said he was going to the arena where it all started and they were chanting his first night. His start in WWE was at Madison Square Garden at Survivor Series 1996, and Survivor Series is back at MSG this year. He also said it was in an historic arena. No offense to the the people of Rosemont, but the Allstate Arena is not historic (nor was his first WrestleMania, where he wrestled The Sultan for the Intercontinental Championship). Madison Square Garden fits that description as it is one of the most historic arenas in the world.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 14, 2011, 10:44:14 PM »
Yeah, he actually tweeted that he'll be at Survivor Series.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 16, 2011, 09:45:19 PM »
CM Punk's promo was pretty awesome. Obviously, it's part of the storyline because there's no way they would let him rant for like 4-5 minutes without cutting him off. I expect him to lose to John Cena and leave the company, but I expect him to be back. I read some news articles about Punk and he seems to just want a few months off. The big push pretty much ensures that fans want him back.

I also watched The Rock's response to John Cena. That was pretty excellent as well. He's one of the best on the microphone and he hasn't even been a fixture on WWE television in years.

On an unrelated note, I wish Chris Jericho would come back.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #147 on: July 16, 2011, 09:49:05 PM »
Punk wins by cheating like a mother*bleep*er, but Cena avoids "unemployment" after destiny arrives in the form of Mr. Pesos In The Bank Alberto Del Rio.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 16, 2011, 10:49:56 PM »
I think Punk's gonna win, or John Cena is going to turn heel like the Stone Cold did against the Rock at WrestleMania X-7.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #149 on: July 17, 2011, 05:51:09 PM »
Apparently members of the Telly-tv.com forums will be able to watch the PPV for free starting at 8PM EST. Might want to sign up for it if you can't watch it any other way.

As for the Punk and Cena situation I think Cena will retain the title. This type of situation is very similar to the Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels situation where Bret was champ and he was going to go to WCW. Bret lost the title so that the title would stay at WWE where Shawn was staying. Cena will retain the title.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 05:54:25 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss