Author Topic: WiiWare Trio for Europe  (Read 1557 times)

Offline Yoshidious

• Silent Partner
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
WiiWare Trio for Europe
« on: September 13, 2008, 06:47:55 PM »
Plättchen: Twist 'n' Paint and Bomberman Blast make their global debuts on the PAL Wii Shop Channel as Midnight Pool rounds out a historically plentiful WiiWare update.
 http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=16681

Hot on the heels of three weeks of Virtual Console games making their first appearances in PAL regions, this week's update to the Wii Shop Channel constitutes another first: a three-deep roster of WiiWare games to download in the same week. Furthermore, two games out of the trio, Plättchen: Twist 'n' Paint and Bomberman Blast, are now available for the first time anywhere in the world.    

Created by independent developers Bplus, Plättchen: Twist 'n' Paint (1500 Wii Points) is described as an action-puzzle game that involves painting tiles in appropriate colours. The game features three distinct modes, 300 levels, eight player versus play, and four player co-op multiplayer options.    

Bomberman Blast (1000 Wii Points), from Hudson, also features eight player functionality, both locally and online via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. The classic Bomberman formula now comes with Mii integration, new gesture-triggered items, and online rankings based on your battle record.    

Gameloft's Midnight Pool (800 Wii Points) rounds out the unprecedented trio of WiiWare games. First released in North America last month, this pool sim adds three rule sets, seven selectable characters, and advanced trick-shot challenges to the classic cue sport.

Greg Leahy
Former RFN Editor

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
Re: WiiWare Trio for Europe
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 02:49:24 AM »
There's a review of Plättchen available now, it's not positive. This is a massive WTF game if you only read the manual, seems like that WTF carries over into the game and makes it fail. Feature katamari syndrome.

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
Re: WiiWare Trio for Europe
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 03:43:02 PM »
You two are sooo lucky, I would kill for Bomberman.
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....