Author Topic: GameStop Accepting 3DS Pre-Orders  (Read 3667 times)

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
GameStop Accepting 3DS Pre-Orders
« on: December 28, 2010, 07:51:04 PM »

Nintendo's 3D handheld can now be reserved at stores nationwide.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/24610

Video game retailer GameStop has started accepting pre-orders for the 3DS, according to several retailer reports.

The pre-orders started on December 26, the day after Christmas. Players that decide to reserve the system will have to put down $50 minimum (though sources at NeoGAF state that the minimum is $25 in some stores).

According to IGN's sources, players can reserve the following titles:
- The Sims 3
- Lovely Lisa
- Madden NFL Football
- Cartoon Network Super-Toon Rumble

There is no word as to what other 3DS titles can be reserved. The 3DS is expected to be released sometime in March of 2011. A press conference detailing the system's final price and launch titles will take place on January 19, 2011.

Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
Re: GameStop Accepting 3DS Pre-Orders
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 08:39:17 PM »
I called a local gamestop a few minutes ago and they confirmed reserving 3DS is now possible for $50. They didn't confirm reserving any games . I'm going to do this Thursday when I get paid.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 09:06:39 PM »
My reaction to the preorder games thus far - do not want.

Presumably some more good things will go in the system after the 19th - right?
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 09:23:30 PM »
I hope that the system is two-hundred dollars. Although I am on a tight budget this year, and possibly some time into 2011, I really wish that I could get this system. I feel as my DSi is getting a little long in the tooth, so I am looking forward to upgrading, exspecially with the 3DS.

If I were to get the 3DS, I could always supplement the system by purchasing a few DS titles like Dragon Quest 9 and Okamiden until Kid Icarus and RE: Revelations becomes available. The virtual handheld will also come in handy, too. I did the same thing with GBA when the DS came out, I used my DS as a GBA until I got enough games for the system.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 09:28:53 PM by Kytim89 »
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 10:37:17 PM »
I spoke to a GameStop associate today to confirm this story and try to get some additional details on it.

Not much to add:

They don't have a date, colors, or quantities they'll be getting at their store. Your preorders will be filled in the order it is received and colors will be "probably" be first come first serve among those who got one in the preorder.  That means even with a preorder, showing up early means getting your pick.

They don't have price information either.  In their system they currently list it as $999.99 - the maximum price they can list for a product.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 10:42:58 PM »
I spoke to a GameStop associate today to confirm this story and try to get some additional details on it.

Not much to add:

They don't have a date, colors, or quantities they'll be getting at their store. Your preorders will be filled in the order it is received and colors will be "probably" be first come first serve among those who got one in the preorder.  That means even with a preorder, showing up early means getting your pick.

They don't have price information either.  In their system they currently list it as $999.99 - the maximum price they can list for a product.

I want a black 3DS and I would be pissed if I preordered and they gave me another color.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2010, 10:43:14 PM »
$999.99

Jesus. Don't give them any ideas.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2010, 11:08:26 PM »
$999.99

Jesus. Don't give them any ideas.

Nintendo realizes that this the maximum Gamestop charges and thus sets the North American release price at $999.99.  ;D

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2010, 11:14:43 PM »
That means even with a preorder, showing up early means getting your pick.

This is GameStop - your preorder means nothing.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2010, 11:24:12 PM »
I have a feeling I won't own a 3DS for a while... Damn school preventing me from working much more than to cover car expenses!
~David~
3DS: 5214-9250-6646 - David
Playing Now: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Offline leroypantweather

• Score: -6
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2010, 02:08:25 AM »
was 2nd pre order at my local gamestop pre ordered on the 27th traded in a bunch had some gift cards put down one fifty ( fingers crossed that I am at least half way there.

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2010, 07:07:45 AM »
That means even with a preorder, showing up early means getting your pick.

This is GameStop - your preorder means nothing.

This can't be stated enough.  In my experience with them, they'll encourage you to preorder just about everything under the sun, regardless of how far the actual release date is in the future. 
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2010, 09:50:31 AM »
I did it yesterday. The guy didn't know how to do it and had to call manager to see how. I'm going to pay $50 every two weeks until it releases and use any extra money on games or nintendo points. I assume it will come out last Sunday in march so that would be like 27th so I should have $350 paid down so it better not be that expensive

Offline Dan Laser

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2010, 11:52:55 PM »
What the heck? EB Games Canada has been taking preorders since November! $25 down with a place holder price of $299.99 with March 20th 2010 as the release date. I don't know what software is now available or if the info has changed.

Offline beetleman99

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2011, 08:25:10 PM »
I'm not entirely sure, but I think Gamestation in the UK might be taking pre-orders. I'm going to the city tomorrow so I'll check there. But this all seems a bit early - I pre-ordered my Wii in early November, which was only about a month before they want on sale. I'm sure after January 19th we'll see a rash of shops taking pre-orders. Watch this space.