Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U 8-Player Control Options Detailed  (Read 2283 times)

Offline alexosborn

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U 8-Player Control Options Detailed
« on: October 28, 2014, 06:11:16 PM »

You and your friends may have to get creative.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/38853/super-smash-bros-for-wii-u-8-player-control-options-detailed

Nintendo has revealed the full list of compatible control options for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U's recently unveiled 8-player mode.

In the event that players don't have 8 GameCube controllers lying around, the GamePad can be used as a control option as well; although it's worth noting that the game will only support the use of one tablet. Additionally, the brawler's massive mode will support up to 7 Wii Remote or Wii Remote Plus controllers, which includes support for the Nunchuck and Classic Controller Pro attachments. Likewise, a maximum of 7 Wii U Pro controllers can be used.

Smash fans hardcore enough to pick up two GameCube controller adapters will be able to plug in and use all 8 of those slots, and, finally, those with a 3DS and copy of the handheld version of Smash Bros. will be able to use that as yet another control option. Up to 8 3DS devices can be used at once so long as each system has a copy of Super Smash Bros. for 3DS.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U launches on November 21, exclusively for Wii U. Let us know which control option you plan on going with in the comments below.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U 8-Player Control Options Detailed
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 04:09:13 AM »
8 Players is nice and all, but I have 10 Wii Controllers? (plus the Tablet, my two Pro Controllers, and my multitude of GameCube Controllers/Wavebirds).  What are you doing for *me*, Nintendo?

:D

Buy Bomberman and make a 30-player local Bomberman game.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Leo13

• Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 06:39:39 PM »
I actually plan on doing 8-player smash quite frequently. My wife and I like to play, my kids like to play and all the neighbor kids will want to be playing, just yesterday we had 10 people at my house that would have enjoyed playing (if it was already available). I only own 3 gamecube controllers, but I have 4 pro controllers so we'll probably do Gamepad, 4 pro controllers and 3 gamecube controllers most of the time.
8 gamecube controllers isn't an option for me (even if I bought 5 more) because I buy all my Wii U games digitally so I have a 2TB external hard drive taking up 1 of the 4 USB ports. This is the first time I've found a legitimate downside to downloading all my games, I really hope things like this don't happen too often.

Offline RyDawg

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2014, 07:24:28 PM »
Perfect. I have 5 Wii remotes and 4 gamecube controllers. But one Wii remote has a cracked sensor, and my dog chewed on the sticks of my orange GameCube controller.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2014, 09:11:41 PM »
...my dog chewed on the sticks of my orange GameCube controller.
My condolences.

Have you considered switching the sticks out? I don't know how difficult taking apart a GameCube controller is, but I'd totally give it a shot of I had the Spice colored controller.