Author Topic: The Fast Food Thread - Would You Like Posts With That?  (Read 210570 times)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: The Fast Food Thread - Would You Like Posts With That?
« Reply #250 on: August 27, 2019, 11:46:35 PM »
Culvers is secretly the best all around fast food joint in the entire country.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #251 on: August 28, 2019, 04:28:06 AM »
So it seems like the Popeyes Chicken Sandwich is sold out but there might be some stores that have them still. I think I am going to try my luck and see if I can find one tomorrow.  I also read some of the worst takes on Popeyes selling a chicken sandwich. This is from the comments section on one of my local news stations on FB.

The left leaning media is doing it's best to prop up an alternative to a business that is right leaning...they would love nothing more than to have Chick-fil-A go out of business. So they advertise the competition for free and pay or pick biased pundits to rave about the taste. It could be a turd that smells like chicken in between 2 pieces of bread and the media would still behave that way.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 28, 2019, 07:51:18 AM »
The left leaning media is doing it's best to prop up an alternative to a business that is right leaning...they would love nothing more than to have Chick-fil-A go out of business. So they advertise the competition for free and pay or pick biased pundits to rave about the taste. It could be a turd that smells like chicken in between 2 pieces of bread and the media would still behave that way.

Conspiracies everywhere!   ;D

*snipping the rest - tried to make some jokes about politics being foolish, decided it's not worthwhile*
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 07:53:15 AM by ejamer »
NNID: ejamer

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 28, 2019, 09:34:30 AM »
I went to Popeyes and the chicken sandwich was sold out. :(

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 28, 2019, 07:21:53 PM »
There are two Popeyes in British Columbia.  One of them opened very recently and just happens to be 15 minutes from my office so I've been routinely getting it for lunch on Fridays.  The new chicken sandwich is not available in Canada.  Arrgh!!!

Chick-fil-A is great but there aren't any in BC and I think the closest one is in Lynnwood WA.  I stop by there if I'm heading to Seattle but that's like once a year.  Having something similar to their sandwich locally would be really nice.  I have no idea why they wouldn't have the sandwich at the Canada locations since everything else appears to be the same.

Thankfully there is a Popeyes in Lynden which is just over the border.  I'm much more likely to make trips to there or Bellingham than Seattle so I might be able to try the sandwich before the end of the year - if they aren't still selling out.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 28, 2019, 08:48:19 PM »
It's like a McRib!
I broke a four year streak of no McDonald’s to try the McRib back in 2012. It tastes the way diarrhea feels. I hope that Popeye’s sandwich is better than the physical embodiment of unbridled sadness that is the McRib.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #257 on: August 29, 2019, 04:16:04 PM »
Miss getting the Popeyes Chicken Sandwich? 
Try this DIY recipe.
for BnM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPirknE0qI0
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #258 on: August 29, 2019, 11:57:11 PM »
I was definitely planning to get one this week when I went home for the weekend. #LeSigh
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 18, 2019, 01:14:13 PM »
National Cheeseburger Day

https://www.thrillist.com/news/nation/national-cheeseburger-day-2019-deals-near-me

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/food/2019/09/17/national-cheeseburger-day-get-free-burgers-and-deals-sept-18/2314819001/

Sept. 18 is National Cheeseburger Day and restaurants are celebrating the made-up food holiday with discounts and free burgers.
According to Ranker, a crowd-sourced voting platform, the top five fast food burgers were: Five Guys burger, In-N-Out Double Double, Five Guys cheeseburger, Burger King Whopper and Wendy's Baconator. The favorite burger topping was cheddar cheese.

Applebee's: Get a Classic Bacon Cheeseburger with endless fries for $6.99 Wednesday.
B.Good: Through Sept. 22, get a free burger when you download the B.Good app at www.bgood.com/rewards.
Black Angus: Get the Steakhouse Bacon Cheeseburger or the Guacamole Cheeseburger with cole slaw or fries and a beer for $12.99 Wednesday in the BullsEye Bar.
BurgerFi: Locations nationwide will be offering $1 cheeseburgers with the purchase of a cheeseburger Wednesday. Must mention the offer for in-store orders only.
Burger King: Through Sunday, get a cheeseburger for 59 cents with a mobile order on the chain's app. Limit one coupon per person.
Burgerville: Get $1 Original Cheeseburgers Wednesday, limit five per transaction and, in the drive-thru, two transactions per car.
Dairy Queen: The chain is celebrating Cheeseburger Day with its new two for $4 Super Snack deal, which includes mix and match snacks including choice of a cheeseburger, a small sundae, fries, pretzel sticks or chicken tenders.
Del Taco: Not a Cheeseburger Day deal, but through Sept. 25, get a free Carnitas Combo Burrito or Carnitas Loaded Fries with any purchase through the chain's app with promo code TOPTHEBELL.
Dog Haus: Order one of seven Haus Burger creations and get a second patty with cheese added Wednesday. Scan the Dog Haus app in-restaurant to redeem.
DoorDash: This deal isn't only for National Cheeseburger Day and continues through Sept. 30. Place an order through DoorDash and use promo code FEEDAMERICA and DoorDash will provide 10 meals to Feeding America per order and customers will get a $5 credit to use on an order in October.
Farmer Boys: Starting at 2 p.m. Wednesday, mention the Cheeseburger Day deal to get one for $2 at participating locations.
Grubhub: Select restaurants including Applebee's, Barbeurger, BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse, Carl's Jr., Fatburger, IHOP, Jack in the Box and Red Robin are offering $5 off orders Wednesday through Grubhub's new in-app Perks feature. To access Perks, click the tab at the bottom of the screen in the Grubhub app.
Habit Burger Grill: Through Sept. 25, make a donation of $2 or more to No Kid Hungry and get a certificate for a free Charburger with cheese to redeem on a future visit.
Houlihan’s Restaurant + Bar: Get a $5 Houlihan’s Cheeseburger and fries all day Wednesday.
Hungry Howie's: Through Sunday, get a large pepperoni or cheese pizza for $5.55 with code 555LG for carryout only. Limit five.
Hurricane Grill & Wings: Get a $5.99 cheeseburger or a $6.99 cheeseburger and fries special Wednesday.
Islands Restaurants: Get $5 off all burgers Wednesday.
Jack in the Box: Get a free burger of your choice with any app purchase at participating locations Wednesday. The coupon is for one-time use.
Kum & Go: &Rewards members get a free burger Wednesday. To join the loyalty program, go to www.kumandgo.com/rewards or download the app by texting APP to 39771.
Miller's Ale House: From 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday, cheeseburgers are $5.99 when you show an offer in email or at www.millersalehouse.com/national-cheeseburger-day.
MOOYAH Burgers, Fries & Shakes: With the rewards app, get a free cheeseburger Wednesday with purchase of fries and a drink or shake.
Ninety Nine Restaurant and Pub: Get a $5.99 cheeseburger Wednesday dine-in only with choice of cheese and fries.
O'Charley's Restaurant and Bar: Add two free slices of bacon to a cheeseburger Wednesday with a coupon that will be posted on O'Charley's Facebook, Instagram and Twitter Wednesday morning. Dine-in only.
Red Robin: With any beverage purchase at participating restaurants Wednesday, get a Gourmet Cheeseburger and Bottomless Steak Fries for $5. Learn more at www.redrobin.com/national-cheeseburger-day.
Shari’s: New or existing Shari’s Rewards members get the plant-based Beyond Burger with or without cheddar cheese on a pretzel bun for $1 Wednesday, dine-in only and no other purchase is required. Join the loyalty program by texting PIE and your email address to 73757. If you prefer meat, Shari’s will offer a $5 a la carte beef burger on a pretzel bun Wednesday too. Fries for both burgers are extra.
Smashburger: Get a buy-one-get-one free deal on double classic Smashburgers Wednesday.
Ted's Montana Grill: Get Ted's Cheeseburger Meal, which includes fries, for $6 or upgrade to the bison cheeseburger for $8 Wednesday with a coupon that will be posted on Ted's social media.
TGI Fridays: This Cheeseburger Day deal takes place every Tuesday for a limited time. Get $5 classic cheeseburgers with seasoned fries for dine-in and online orders.
Twin Peaks: Get a cheeseburger and fries for $6 Wednesday. Dine-in only, one offer per guest.
Waitr and Bite Squad: The on-demand delivery apps are offering free delivery Wednesday on orders $15 or more with promo code CHEESY.
Wendy’s: Coupons in the Wendy’s app Wednesday include $2 off any Premium Combo, a free fry plus drink with a premium sandwich mobile order, free small Frosty with purchase of Premium Combo and get free six-piece Spicy Nuggets with a mobile order
White Castle: Get one free Cheese Slider with any purchase Wednesday and a coupon posted at www.whitecastle.com/value-offers.

Kum & Go..... Is that a burger/fast food place, or a quick service Rub 'n Tug!?

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 25, 2019, 02:09:02 PM »
What kind of pizza do you guys recommend?

This was spurred by a recent Papa John's email advertising "Buy 1 Get 1"... but when you open the email it clarifies that after you buy one at full price you get one for just $10. This is horribly misleading in my opinion. The ad made me want pizza - but I'm probably going to be buying elsewhere.

(For what it's worth: I don't mind Papa John's pizza.  I disagree pretty strong with some of the politics and beliefs of the chain owner, but the food sits nicely in that "better quality than you'd expect given the price" category whenever a real promotion is active.)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 26, 2019, 10:30:42 PM »
You almost always gotta go with a local pizza joint.
Papa Johns - eh.
Dominos - ehhh
Pizza Hut - how the mighty have fallen.
Papa Murphys take and bake - I like the thin crust, but you gotta cook it yourself.
Round Table - classic American pizza but pricey

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 27, 2019, 12:16:04 AM »
I just had MOD Pizza.
With more toppings than the pizza should support.

It was delicious. One of my favorite pizzas.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #263 on: September 27, 2019, 12:43:56 AM »
A lot of the time when I get delivery I go with either Pizza Hut or Dominos but when I want to sit down there is a place I like to go called Fired Pie which for one price you get a pie and any number of toppings you want.  A lot of the places around here charge by the topping which I don't like.    I have been meaning to try Mod Pizza and Blaze Pizza lately.  I think one of them is in dt Phoenix and the other one is by my place. 
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Online ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 27, 2019, 03:32:50 AM »
This is how I usually find out new fast food news

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheReportOfTheWeek/videos

my favorite burger place

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wviwC6rrhME
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 27, 2019, 01:22:17 PM »
As someone who worked at Pizza Hut for years...my go-to is Dominos. Best/most consistent deals for the quality. And I adore the stuffed cheesy bread.

Pizza Hut Stuffed Crust is awesome when made right, but a lot of places just don't make it right, and I'm a little disenfranchised by them due to seeing how things work behind the scenes. I'd go to a different location, but will never eat at one I worked at, and I've worked at over a dozen of them in my area.

MOD is great, I equate it and Blaze Pizza to the 'Chipotle" of pizzerias, since you work your way down a make line and choose anything to add to it.

Costco pizza is by far the biggest bang-for-your-buck but it lacks variety. Great for parties though.

I find local places are hit or miss in my area. The costs for some of them is astronomical, and they aren't really worth the extra cost in the taste department. $20 for a basic pizza, $30 for a specialty is just too high.

There are two neat local chains called Farellis and The Rock. I prefer The Rock if I have a choice, and both are a little on the higher end of the price scale, but at least the food tastes like it is worth it.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 01:24:08 PM by Stratos »
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 27, 2019, 01:59:08 PM »
Sadly, a lot of local pizza joints aren't worth visiting. Their pricing and quality tend to be out of whack most of the time - and when the quality is good they are often inconveniently located. [Or maybe I'm the one that inconveniently located? Either way...]

There is one that does really great stone-fired pizza. Their hours are terrible though, and to help save the environment (yay) they just don't offer take-out (boo).  Our local go-to tends to be Pizza Delight - it's a not-so-big chain that is only found (I think) in Atlantic Canada and Quebec. But you can only go to the same well so many times.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 27, 2019, 05:07:45 PM »
There is one that does really great stone-fired pizza. Their hours are terrible though, and to help save the environment (yay) they just don't offer take-out (boo).

They should let you get take-out if you bring your own container.  Like you bring the box from the Dominos you had two weeks ago with the grease stains and the dried cheese in the corner and then they just plop their pizza right in there. ;)

Online ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 27, 2019, 10:39:00 PM »
One of the best places to eat pizza is a newly built Circle K. 6 months later though it's going to become not that great.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 28, 2019, 02:09:21 PM »
There is one that does really great stone-fired pizza. Their hours are terrible though, and to help save the environment (yay) they just don't offer take-out (boo).

That is simply ignorant. Cardboard is compost-able (do NOT recycle pizza boxes), and trees are a renewable resource (most trees used for paper are harvested from tree farms). I wish people would actually get educated about environmental impact and recycling, because everyone is acting like we are in the 70's/80's with how we do things in relation to the environment.

How do they package leftovers, or are they refusing to let you take them?
My Game Collection

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #270 on: September 28, 2019, 05:56:17 PM »
How do they package leftovers, or are they refusing to let you take them?

Not sure; I've never had any. The food is delicious.

And what I said earlier probably isn't accurate - I'm sure they will let you do takeout, they just don't provide disposable containers so you have to bring your own (as others have suggested).

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 01, 2019, 11:56:20 PM »
So despite my statements earlier I ordered Pizza Hut this weekend because the Dominos closed before they did and we were having a late night. Was reminded how much I enjoyed stuffed crust. Love how you can get toasted parmesan as an option on the crust. Pro tip: ask for that on everything you can; pizza rollers, p'zones, pizza crust, it makes everything 10x better.

This is a location I never worked at or visited before, and maybe it is because it is a newer location, but it was spot-on. Crust was stretched correctly, dough was not old, and no air bubbles or burst stuffed crust. I did pay $14 for a 3-topping stuffed crust, but was worth it, and less greasy than Dominos surprisingly, while still hitting that sweet spot you would want for greasy food.
My Game Collection

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #272 on: October 31, 2019, 12:03:20 AM »
Looks like Popeyes is bring back their Chicken Sandwich this Sunday the 3rd of November.  I am going to a festival downtown on the third and will see if I can pick up some sandwiches on my way back home. 
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 08, 2019, 08:37:06 PM »
I tried the Popeye’s chicken sandwich last night. It’s... a chicken sandwich. I tried not to get caught up in the hype. This thing made headlines by selling out everywhere and apparently someone was fatally stabbed for cutting in line the other day. It’s fine for what it is. I’d order it again even if I wouldn’t go out of my way to do so. May be a little greasy, but that’s to be expected from deep fried chicken at a fast food joint.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #274 on: November 08, 2019, 10:37:43 PM »
You know the Popeye's Chicken Sandwich stabbing, I almost feel like Popeye's is happy for the negative news.  I mean how many people are thinking, damn I need to try that sandwich if people are willing to stab someone for it.  But the truth is, there is NO WAY, that stabbing happened ONLY because two adults wanted a Chicken sandwich.  It's a CHICKEN SANDWICH, from a fast food place.  Adrock's review sounds exactly like what I would expect.