Author Topic: E-Shop: What games are you planning on buying on Day 1?  (Read 25119 times)

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
Re: E-Shop: What games are you planning on buying on Day 1?
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2011, 10:19:05 AM »
Tetris Party live $5 - bad music but good tetris
Photo Dojo $2 - haven't played
Touch Solitaire $2 - simple and strait forward
Shantae $12 - Excellent graphics and animation
Brain Age: Sudoku $5- Strait-forward and fun
Mario Calculator $2- This is actually pretty cool and has great features for what it is
Mario Land $3- Sounds great and loves to play with green on, the border is cool
Excite Bike 3d $0----I like how the 3d graphics looks but disappointed how you can't trade tracks
Mario Clock (Doh!) - MEH. It's kind of basic collecting coins and alarm clock feature
Alleyway --Well its fairly basic but my nostalgia is pretty hardcore for this game .

I broke down and bought Alleyway even though it's so basic. I bought mario clock by accident because i thought it was calculator.

Pokedex3D really sucks and is too hardcore for me. Nothing interesting
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 10:23:42 AM by Mr. Adolph Vega »

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2011, 09:42:42 PM »
Link's Awakening, (Never played before so very excited for this one)
Excitebike,
Pokedex,
E3 Video Trailers.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Razorkid

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2011, 06:39:01 PM »
I knew they said they were coming, but having all the 3DS trailers available the day of the conference (in 3D no less :Q !) was an absolute surprise and joy! Heres hoping Nintendo continues this trend of advertisement of games coming to this system through the eShop. It certainly helps to keep up my hype when I can see  how the game will look on my screen any time I want (especially with most of those games arriving in next 6 months!)
"All the world is blind to my passing..."

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2011, 07:16:41 PM »
So I've picked up:

-All the E3 trailers
-Link's Awakening (LOVING it)
-Super Mario Land (Better then I remember it, but still not a huge fan, wish there were more shooting stages)
-Pokedex
-Excitebike 3D (Seems kind of lazy to me, I can't see these 3D remakes being worth $6 unless they do a bit more to them)
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Razorkid

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2011, 07:27:09 PM »
-Excitebike 3D (Seems kind of lazy to me, I can't see these 3D remakes being worth $6 unless they do a bit more to them)

I think it will really depend on the source material for the 3D remake to see if its worth the $6.  For the original Metroid to be made into a 3D classic, I'll definitely bite.  If Excitebike wasn't free, the features that were added would not have garnered a purchase from me.  If they had online play and leader boards for track times, then that would have impressed me.  As a free product though, I appreciate what Nintendo has done with it and enjoy it all the same.
"All the world is blind to my passing..."

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2011, 12:13:56 AM »

As you should be.  Is this your first play through?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2011, 12:25:46 AM »

I think it will really depend on the source material for the 3D remake to see if its worth the $6.  For the original Metroid to be made into a 3D classic, I'll definitely bite.  If Excitebike wasn't free, the features that were added would not have garnered a purchase from me.  If they had online play and leader boards for track times, then that would have impressed me.  As a free product though, I appreciate what Nintendo has done with it and enjoy it all the same.
Online Track Sharing would garner a $6 price tag.  Though if you never played Excitebike this be a the version I recommend.  THough Excitebot 3DS would be interestingly awesome.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2011, 02:29:06 PM »

As you should be.  Is this your first play through?

I played it a little bit back when Zelda DX came out, but that was it. I'm already long past where I got to originally. One thing I love is how the overworld map isn't too big, yet is still quite diverse. Not to mention the game just gets flat out weird at times with its characters, which I love (Goombas in a Zelda game is so strange yet so wonderful all at once!).

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2011, 01:03:45 AM »
I saved Daisy, and now onto destroying Koholint.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 01:11:19 AM by UncleBob »

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2011, 01:11:29 AM »
Spoilers, man! :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2011, 01:15:38 AM »
Pfft, it's not a spoiler if you don't know where it is from.

Offline Killer_Man_Jaro

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2011, 01:26:29 AM »
Also enjoying Link's Awakening DX. My first time with the colour version of the game.
Can someone tell me what to do in order to widen the display? I recall something about holding Start and Select, but that did nowt.
Tom Malina
UK Correspondent
-----------------------------
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2011, 03:22:15 AM »
We should have our VC Recommendations for all the launch titles up tomorrow. Now that I'm running them, and we've got a good place to start, I'm going to do my best not to get hopelessly behind like we are with Wii VC.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2011, 01:55:42 AM »
I just payed for Links Awakening and it's just as awesome as I remember it. That was my first Zelda game and it took me 2 years to get the Tail Key and open the gate. I remember I just did not understand anything beyond run and jump with the occasional duck. At the same time I wasn't that stupid, I took that darn mushroom to the Wich but I never stood right in front of the pot to present it. So for years I kept going back and forth looking for rupees and digging like there was no tomorrow. I'll never forget the day my cousin came to me and said "she took the mushroom!" I literally wondered for years what was beyond those rocks and holes in the ground. After that my reading comprehension skills snowballed to amazing levels, instead of assuming everything in text was nonesense I took it all in and assumed it meant something. That moment in life blew my mind as a kid.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2011, 03:44:27 PM »
This summer there will be a new handheld offered for the 3DS E Shop.
The Game Gear.
These are the first games avalable on the service at that time.
Columns
Dragon Crystal
Shinobi
Sonic Drift
Sonic The Hedgehog: Triple Trouble
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 13, 2011, 04:29:53 PM »
Unfortunately, I don't think the Game Gear had any games worth playing.

Someone's going to argue with this, which I welcome, because I figure there's probably an exception to that but I'm too lazy to do the research myself, so I'll just throw out the bait and let it come to me.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline gojira

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2011, 04:44:44 PM »

Someone's going to argue with this, which I welcome, because I figure there's probably an exception to that but I'm too lazy to do the research myself, so I'll just throw out the bait and let it come to me.

I never owned a Game Gear, so I don't really know of any myself.  However there are three Shining Force games on the handheld (only the second of which made it to the west).  And I love me some Shining Force, so I'd definitely buy those without question. 

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #67 on: June 13, 2011, 04:50:01 PM »
Can they emulate the Game Gear TV Tuner? (Probably not, analog broadcasting is dead).
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Tanookisuit

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
    • jeremytinder.com
« Reply #68 on: June 14, 2011, 12:49:43 AM »
Adolph Vega- What do you mean by "the border is cool" in your blurb about Mario Land?  What border?

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 14, 2011, 02:54:33 AM »
ZOMG Columns is sooo good.

Gonna buy Link's Awakening, gonna regret it later. 3+ play throughs
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 14, 2011, 12:58:28 PM »
Have to say Link's Awakening save system is really clunky, have no idea why it doesn't ask you to save after you beat a dungeon or something. Also the 3DS button placement isn't great for the "push all the buttons to save", which is a lame way to save a game. So I was using the save point, thing is that I beat the the 6th dungeon, and had to do something so I made a save point and shut off my 3DS. I came back and when I tried to start my save point I accidently created one instead of loading my old one, so I had to start from my last in game save point, which of course was at the beginning of dungeon 6 since I only died once in it. Ugh!

Offline Kwolf

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 14, 2011, 03:51:24 PM »
I totally agree about the save point.  I loved the original but forgot how saving went.   If I want to use the games actual save and not the virtual console save point.  I have to sit my 3ds down on a table or flat hard surface.   Use my left hand to press the start and select buttons, and my right hand for A and B.     Even then it takes me several tries to get it to through.    The button placement and the design of the start and select buttons really makes it hard.

Thanks for the heads up on the save thing though.   I didn't even think of possibly messing up that restore point..    Gotta make sure to start doing a hard save each time now. Heads up appreciated.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 14, 2011, 03:56:21 PM »
I totally agree about the save point.  I loved the original but forgot how saving went.   If I want to use the games actual save and not the virtual console save point.  I have to sit my 3ds down on a table or flat hard surface.   Use my left hand to press the start and select buttons, and my right hand for A and B.     Even then it takes me several tries to get it to through.    The button placement and the design of the start and select buttons really makes it hard.

Thanks for the heads up on the save thing though.   I didn't even think of possibly messing up that restore point..    Gotta make sure to start doing a hard save each time now. Heads up appreciated.

Yeah I'll be much careful next time. It is one flaw in an otherwise fantastic game. Wish Nintendo would have allowed you to create multiple restore points just in case you mess up one. Oh well, I know what to do in that dungeon now lol.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 15, 2011, 12:32:06 AM »

I'd be happy to hear any games worth playing for Game Gear as well. The only one I can think of is Sonic The Hedgehog. But that's about the only one I can think of playing. A friend of mine had a Game Gear and that was the only game I played on it. Never beat. When they put all the Sonic Game Gear games in Sonic Adventure DX for the GameCube, I was finally able to play that game and finally beat it. It holds up alright. Never really got too far in the other Sonic Game Gear Games but they looked fine enough.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2011, 12:40:16 AM »
Agree with the issues regarding the placement of the Start/Select buttons.

Comeon, Nintendo - let us customize our button layouts. :(