Author Topic: Alien Hominid Goes Gold  (Read 3501 times)

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Alien Hominid Goes Gold
« on: October 29, 2004, 08:57:00 AM »
Alien hominids coming soon to a GameCube near you.

"ALIEN HOMINID" GOES GOLD

The highly anticipated debut from O~3 Entertainment and The Behemoth crashes into stores November 16

SANTA CLARA, CA   (October 29, 2004)  O~3 Entertainment, an interactive entertainment publishing and distribution company, today announced the highly anticipated Alien Hominid has gone gold and is expected to ship to retail stores November 16. Developed by The Behemoth, Alien Hominid will be available for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and Nintendo GameCube™.

The press can't get enough of the short yellow alien with spherical black beady eyes, three teeth, and a little green gun. GameSpot gushed, "The straightforward, accessible gameplay…is rock solid and a blast to play... the visuals are simple, but they pack a whole lot of personality into the colorful package." Game Informer raved, "It's a fairly simple game, and by that we mean it simply rocks." Official PlayStation Magazine offered perhaps the highest praise possible for a video game when they said, "Alien Hominid represents everything that is good about the game industry."

Alien Hominid is the debut console title from O~3 Entertainment and developer The Behemoth. It is an evolution of classic 2D side-scrolling platform shooters, blending old school play mechanics with stunning hand drawn graphics (in other words, it looks pretty AND plays great).

Born on the internet in 2002, a prototype version of Alien Hominid has become one of the most downloaded games of all time, with over six million downloads from the entertainment portal www.newgrounds.com, the first of hundreds of websites now mirroring the prototype.

"The response to Alien Hominid has been amazing," said Bill Gardner, CEO of O~3. "There is still room in the market for good, old fashioned, action games that are done right. It's no surprise this game has over six million downloads - it's truly original and addictive."

About the Game While joy riding in its new spaceship, Alien Hominid crash lands in front of FBI headquarters, and narrowly escapes with only its alien hide. Alien Hominid must find its spaceship and get off this rock before its vicious human enemies find it and cart it off to Area 51. Along the way A.H. relies on its deadly melee skills and advanced weapons to out smart the ever-cunning enemies who want to probe it for alien secrets.

About Alien Hominid Although half the size of a fully grown human, Alien Hominid has the uncanny ability to cause mayhem and destruction wherever he goes. The FBI and their mechanical marvels have been designed to keep A.H. from retrieving its UFO, but it will not be deterred. Hominid befriends the most unlikely of humans, who aid it with insane weapon upgrades. Alien Hominid will shoot, bomb, toss, eat and slash anything in its path - and bring on the heat in multiplayer co-op mode at any time.

Editor's Note: For more information about Alien Hominid (the game) or to buy Alien Hominid merchandise go to www.alienhominid.com.

THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline joshnickerson

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE:Alien Hominid Goes Gold
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2004, 10:35:58 AM »
YES.
I'm planning on buying this game, if only to support independent game developers. I'll probably more likely order it direct from alienhominid.com, since it might ship earlier, and they'll probably get a bigger cut of the profits.

Offline MaleficentOgre

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Alien Hominid Goes Gold
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2004, 10:52:17 AM »
I've had this game paid for in full for quite a bit of time.  This game will have to fit my co-op need seeing as how viewtiful joe 2 axed it.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2004, 11:11:44 AM »
Does anyone know anything about this game?  I tried the flash game a couple times, and I couldn't even beat the second level.  Maybe because a keyboard isn't very user-friendly for these types of games.  Or maybe just because I'm out of practice.

Is the game going to have more than ten lives?  Will there be continues?  Will there be unlimited continues?  Did they wuss it up in order to make it more appealing to your average user?  Finally, what's the MSRP?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline MaleficentOgre

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2004, 12:45:11 PM »
yes there are more than ten lives (on easy) there are continues, not unlimited (at least in the begining there might be an ikarua type thing where if you suck enough you can play without worry), yes it is wussed up a bit but only on easy. i'm guessing the msrp is teen

Offline rholder

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2004, 03:18:25 PM »

i'm guessing the msrp is teen

LOL. You mean the ESRB rating is teen?

According to Gamestop, the games MSRP is $29.99. Whether thats true or not (and we should hope it is) has yet to be determined.

Offline odifiend

• "Who's the tough guy now Vinnie?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2004, 05:30:45 PM »
At 29.99, I'd pick this up.
Kiss the Cynic!

Offline Knoxxville

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2004, 09:47:00 PM »
.....SOLD!!   I bought the figurines and a skate deck too!  Way cool.....

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2004, 03:26:35 AM »
I'm still unsure, for all we know this game could suck as bad as Custer's Revenge. Just because it's in a rare genre on consoles doesn't mean it has to be good. I'm waiting for reviews.

kingvudu: The keyboard is the most precise and responsive controller available (especially for arcade genres), if you can't play it on a keyboard forget playing it with a gamepad.

Offline CHEN

• These peas taste AWESOME
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2004, 12:43:27 PM »
You're right about the keyboard being responsive and precise, but I can understand that it doesn't feel pleasantly compared to a gamepad for some people.

I'll check this out for sure.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2004, 09:32:46 PM »

I'm still unsure, for all we know this game could suck as bad as Custer's Revenge. Just because it's in a rare genre on consoles doesn't mean it has to be good. I'm waiting for reviews.

Or if you had played the flash game, you'd know if it was fun or not.

I can't wait to play this, the flash version rocks! I'll definately pick this up if the GC version comes to Australia, which means I wont be getting it.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2004, 01:55:04 AM »
They said they made major changes since the flash version.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2004, 09:38:54 AM »

kingvudu: The keyboard is the most precise and responsive controller available (especially for arcade genres), if you can't play it on a keyboard forget playing it with a gamepad.
I love my keyboard for many games, but not for a platformer.  FPS/strategy/adventure games are best using a keyboard and mouse.  

But for platformers I find it difficult to use my fingers to press the keys to jump/shoot.  I much prefer my thumbs.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!