Author Topic: Nintendo Fusion Tour Returns  (Read 6460 times)

Offline StrikerObi

• BanEditLockDelete Podcast Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
    • Pixel du Jour
Nintendo Fusion Tour Returns
« on: August 11, 2004, 06:10:53 AM »
Don't forget your thick rimmed emo glasses.

Nintendo Fusion Tour Rocks America with Story of the Year

Multi-City Tour Features Video Games and Other Top Bands

REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aug. 11, 2004--The Nintendo Fusion Tour -- merging cutting-edge music with the hottest gaming technology -- is set to launch its second outing Sept. 18 in Phoenix. This year's 37-city tour brings together alternative and punk rock music and gaming with hotly tipped headliners Story of The Year and support acts lostprophets, My Chemical Romance, Letter Kills, Anberlin and Autopilot Off.

Two special shows are on tap for Seattle (Oct. 7 and Oct. 8), when Taking Back Sunday (whose new album, "Where You Want To Be," entered the Billboard Top 200 Album Chart at No. 3), Fall Out Boy and Matchbook Romance join the tour's regular lineup. Tickets for most shows are priced at less than $20, plus applicable service charges, and go on sale Saturday, Aug. 14 (for specific prices and on-sale information, check www.nintendofusiontour.com).

At each tour stop, the Nintendo Fusion Tour will transform the lobby of the venue into an immersive entertainment space with music, custom lighting and specially designed gaming kiosks featuring the hottest upcoming Nintendo GameCube(TM) games. There will be giveaways at each show, and one lucky radio station winner will have the opportunity to compete against a member of Story of The Year. Fans also will get a sneak preview of the new Nintendo DS(TM), an innovative dual-screen, wireless, hand-held video game system.

Story of The Year's debut album, "Page Avenue" (Maverick Records), is rapidly approaching platinum, spurred by the singles and videos "Until The Day I Die" and "Anthem of Our Dying Day," which was a buzzclip at MTV, as well as constant touring. The band headlined its own U.S. tour earlier this year. Check them out at storyoftheyear.net.

"We're excited to take part in the second annual Nintendo Fusion Tour this fall with our friends," says Story of The Year singer Dan Marsala. "Touring with these bands means there's a whole new group of guys we can beat up on while playing Nintendo video games on the bus!"

Also, here's a partial list of tourdates (more dates will be announced later):

• Saturday, Sept 18th - Pheonix, AZ
  • Monday, Sept 20th - Dos Amigos - Odessa, TX
  • Tuesday, Sept 21st - Austin Music Hall - Austin TX
  • Friday, Sept 24th - The Fillmore Auditorium - Denver, CO
  • Saturday, Sept 25th - Utah State Fairgrouns - Salt Lake City, UT
  • Sunday, Sept 26th - House of Blues - Las Vegas, NV
  • Tuesday, Sept 28th - The Grove of Anaheim - Anaheim, CA
  • Wdensday, Sept 29th - Soma - San Diego, CA
  • Sunday, Oct 3rd - The Wiltern Theater - Los Angeles, CA
  • Thursday, Oct 7th - Premier - Seattle, WA
  • Friday, Oct 8th - Premier - Seattle, WA
  • Sunday, Oct 9th - Roseland Theater- Portland, OR
  • Wednesday, Oct 13th - Uptdown Theatre - Kansas City, MO
  • Thursday, Oct 14th - The Quest - Minneapolis, MN
  • Friday, Oct 15th - The Rave - Milwaukee, WI
  • Sunday, Oct 17th - Cowles Fieldhouse, Indianola, IA
  • Saturday, Oct 23rd - Ice Garden - Bell Vernon, PA
  • Sunday, Oct 24th - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
  • Tuesday, Oct 26th - Roseland Ballrom - New York, NY

Planet GameCube will keep you updated on future tour dates.

Offline NotRimmer

• Score: 5
    • View Profile
RE:Nintendo Fusion Tour Returns
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2004, 08:49:51 AM »
Way to have three stops in southern California but none in northern California, JERKS!
Hey guys what's going on in this forum?

Offline rholder

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2004, 09:46:05 AM »
Sweet...Story of the Year and lostprophets are two of my favorite bands...both have SOLID albums...lets hope for more tour dates though.  

Offline BulletBob

• View Profile
RE: Nintendo Fusion Tour Returns
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2004, 02:26:54 PM »
Lets hope there's one near Dayton
Life as a human sucked, sucks, and forever will suck.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2004, 02:45:46 PM »
Am I the only one who hasn't heard of any of these bands?
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline marsbarrow

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2004, 03:06:47 PM »
Last years musicians were much better but I'm glad to see Nintendo is supporting a cool event.  I'll probably skip because 'Story of the Year' is a pretty lame band from what I've seen of them on televison.  Here's hoping for better bands next time.
*BORN TO PLAY*

Offline EricEnder

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2004, 03:22:09 PM »
SOTY is an awesome band but it's a matter of taste but at least you should hear the music and not just 'see' them play, anyhoo, been to their concert and very energetic to say the least

-----

too bad Nintendo ain't supporting the rest of the tbs tour (or at least should appear, you know bring some Nintendo DS).... I already bought a ticket for the TBS tour in LA ... oh and I resent the implication of this: Don't forget your thick rimmed emo glasses.

Offline matt oz

• APPLES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2004, 03:45:55 PM »
3 dates on the East Coast?  Granted, they're all close to me, since I live in New Jersey, but Boston and Atlanta shouldn't be ignored.
Wii Code:  7894 - 4898 - 7716 - 3649

Offline StrikerObi

• BanEditLockDelete Podcast Editor
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • Pixel du Jour
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2004, 04:09:42 PM »
Did you even read the entire story matt oz? It clearly says more dates will be announced later on.

I'd only be interested in seeing Lostprophtes, because the rest is all sh*tty emopunk.

Offline DrZoidberg

• Secreted by the Internet Bee
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2004, 04:58:27 PM »
needs more dashboard confessional am i rite/ AM I RITE/ no I'm not, dashboard is really horrible
OUT OF DATE.

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2004, 06:16:15 PM »
Needs more punk. ME FIRST AND THE GIMME GIMMES PLZ!

GOOD punk covers > *

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2004, 07:39:28 PM »
Anaheim.. that's not too far from me. But If I were to be in a roomful of upcoming Nintendo games, I would like the room free of excess noise especially for playing MP2.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2004, 07:47:42 PM »
?!!?

No Marilyn Manson/Antichrist Superstar?!!
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2004, 09:01:52 PM »

Originally posted by: MJRx9000
Anaheim.. that's not too far from me. But If I were to be in a roomful of upcoming Nintendo games, I would like the room free of excess noise especially for playing MP2.

Then come up to the Wiltern my friend.  Their lobby is going to be ideal for this.

Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline WuTangTurtle

• aka ShaolinKilla
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2004, 10:48:29 PM »
Tour seems better than last years if u look at it as a promotinal aspect for Nintendo.  Evanescence and other bands were for more older crowds that most likely came only for the music, but Story of the Year and Lost Prophets, and My Chemical Romance are becoming very very popular with tweens and teens.  Plus the 2 special events in WA have Tacking Back Sunday.  This seems like a great way to advertise the Nintendo DS, and i should know i work at a Sam Goody Music Store.

IMO i don't care for the bands though.

Dropkick Murphy's, Goldfinger, Homegrown, MxPx, Nofx, Guttermouth are my picks!

P.S. Me First & the Gimmie Gimmies are awesome (New CD due Oct. 5th "Plays Johnny's Bar Mitsfa")

Offline Perfect Cell

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2004, 08:46:49 AM »
My Chemical Romance? Story of the Year? Lostprofets? Wow... i like all 3... too bad none of these are even close to where i live.... (And i doubt PR will be added with any new tour dates... no bands ever come to PR)

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2004, 01:17:13 PM »
If memory serves correctly, didn't someone here on the boards last year told a story that when Evanenessnece was playing, they were giving out free 'Cubes, and some audience members were going to sell them because they though it was teh Kiddy?

Hopefully there won't be much of an image problem this time around....

Tweens? Isn't that some fancy marketing term for children 7-12? What is the world coming to?

These Bands don't really rock my boat, but music is such a subjective subject. Or maybe I'm getting old.
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2004, 02:18:25 PM »
Dude, we're old.

Where's my Black Sabbath?
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline WuTangTurtle

• aka ShaolinKilla
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2004, 09:28:52 PM »
i just got back from the AZ show, which was really EDGEFEST + Fusion Tour combined.

Good Show, but the last 3 bands cancelled due to extreme rain, yeah thats right i said extreme rain in arizona.  Apparently some huricanne near mexico gave arizona boat loads of rain and wind.

Bad thing is they did not show the DS for Arizona.  Still fun playing GCN games during crappy musicians.

Overall good experience, even though my phone is now mentally retarted due to water exposure, its not dead it just can't recieve a signal and when powered off it thinks it is being recharged.

Goldfinger and Flogging Molly were awesome (neither band is part of fusion tour, only for edgefest tour)

EDIT:  My GBASP also died at the soaking wet concert, but it magically came back to life 4hrs later!  How awesome is that!  Thank u Nintendo for such great quality products!  I think im going to call Nintendo today and give them a big thank you!

Offline Ms.Pikmin

• Ow, my GOB!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2004, 06:32:52 AM »

Originally posted by: NotRimmer
Way to have three stops in southern California but none in northern California, JERKS!

The Nintendo Fusion website shows two dates for northen California.

Monday, October 4th-Davis, Ca at Freeborn Hall

Tuesday, October 5th- San Francisco, Ca at The Warfield Theater