Author Topic: The official "Make Khush and Ejamer pick up Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate" thread.  (Read 2236 times)

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
We need more co-op shenanigans here.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
Very interested, very worried about time commitment. I'm already noted for bailing after 60-90 minute sessions - but in MH that doesn't take you very far unless some of the party is crazily overpowered for the hunts you are on.
NNID: ejamer

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
honestly that's a good two, maybe three hunts in singleplayer, in multiplayer that's more like four, or maybe even five.

Monster Hunter is a time commitment but it's also the kind of game where you can easily make meaningful progress from every gaming session.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
honestly that's a good two, maybe three hunts in singleplayer, in multiplayer that's more like four, or maybe even five.

Monster Hunter is a time commitment but it's also the kind of game where you can easily make meaningful progress from every gaming session.

And it's also ridiculously fun. Even more so if you get to enjoy multiplayer with some friends!
Wait a minute, who's selling who here?

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
The Khushrenada Corportation would like to issue the following statement: While we appreciate being your number one choice of wanting to play multiplayer games with, (as is the case with everyone who wants us to join them in some game) we regret to inform you that at this time the Khushrenada Corporation has no current plans to branch out into the Monster Hunter division of gaming nor is it something we see in our gaming future for the next few years. While this news may be disappointing to our fanbase, we do wish you the best of luck in any of their endeavors in that area of gaming and hope they are able to find others to play with that are at least half as great as Khushrenada, which is the highest percentage one can hope to find in a person who is not Khushrenada.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline NotΚhushrenada

• Well, I mean, technically...
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
I do not like the implications that I'm only 50% of Khushrenada when I am NotKhushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
If a tree falls in the forest and there's NotKhushrenada around to hear it, does it make a sound?

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
If a tree falls in the forest and there's NotKhushrenada around to hear it, does it make a sound?

Still don't have time to really dive in and play... but this game is on a huge sale (70% off) via eShop.
Good chance to buy if anyone was interested.

Generations is also on sale, but not discounted quite as deeply. I've been told that 4 Ultimate is better if you are doing a lot of solo play anyway.

So who's buying?

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
Sadly (likely because Nintendo published it in the US) Monster Hunter Stories is not on sale in the US but it does have a mynintendo discount going on right now.

Still don't have time to really dive in and play... but this game is on a huge sale (70% off) via eShop.
Good chance to buy if anyone was interested.

Generations is also on sale, but not discounted quite as deeply. I've been told that 4 Ultimate is better if you are doing a lot of solo play anyway.

4 Ultimate actually has a half decent tutorial as well while Generations just throws you right into the deep end.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 01:44:43 PM by pokepal148 »

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
I'm ok with the deep end (probably prefer that) but having a story mode is nice since 95% of my time will probably be played solo.  [guess what's downloading as my 3DS sleeps..?]

Although I was pretty excited about Monster Hunter Stories, after trying the demo it skewed young enough that I wasn't sure about buying. My kids would probably love it though, and it certainly was cute.  Maybe I didn't give it enough credit?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 09:31:21 PM by ejamer »

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
Stories skews pretty young generally but it honestly is just a really fun ride from start to finish.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Stories will probably be the first Monster Hunter game I pick up. Mop it up said it was her game of the year for 2016 when it came out.