Author Topic: Wii U eShop HYPE thread. More than 2D platformers!  (Read 83179 times)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U eShop HYPE thread. More than 2D platformers!
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2014, 07:20:20 PM »
You're a sad place! :(

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2014, 10:44:49 PM »
I clicked on "Wii U Exclusives" and it made me cry, so yes, I am a sad place. Free to play is another sad place, because it's basically the same demos that have been there since the console launched.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2014, 10:27:06 PM »
"Dolphin Up" appears to be Tony Hawk with dolphins. I want this.
Source: NintendoLife
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2014, 01:13:10 AM »
Not that anyone plays the game but any word on if/when AVGN adventures will be on Wii U or 3DS?
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2014, 02:06:01 AM »
I don't think anything has been said since the "coming soon" announcement in July.

« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2014, 07:41:53 AM »
the eshop is a nightmare to navigate. I have been searching for almost an hour now I know DuckTales is supposed to be on Wii U but I can't find it nowhere. Did they take it down or is it just really hidden? I tried searching Ducktales, and Capcom nothing, I browsed all categories, and I am about to go through all 500 titles one by one if I can't find it. Nevermind I got it to work, damn looks like eshop search is case sensitive didn't expect that.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 07:43:33 AM by marvel_moviefan_2012 »

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2014, 09:30:22 AM »
That's an epic fail if that's true.

var areEqual = string1.toUpperCase() === string2.toUpperCase();

I assume they use JavaScript...

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2014, 12:21:24 PM »
I think cap sensitivity should be stripped from programming languages. Why would someone (and I ran into this) use two very different variables named "Variable" and "variable"?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2014, 01:08:05 PM »
My first instinct as to look under Indie titles, it wasn't there, it wasn't under EShop exclusive either. I had to type it exactly DuckTales in order for search to find it. Pretty damn lame.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2014, 02:15:08 PM »
DuckTales is not an indie title or an eShop exclusive so why would it be on either list?
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2014, 03:06:15 PM »
I think cap sensitivity should be stripped from programming languages. Why would someone (and I ran into this) use two very different variables named "Variable" and "variable"?

There can be many reasons why, actually, especially if you want to use the same String in two different places, but one lowercase and one uppercase. For instance if you wanted Name = "Name" and name = "name", but in most small projects it's unnecessary. Better to have the option than not, though. Variable and variable are both horrible names though. That would probably be an immediate demotion at a job, or failure on a project if it was for school.

« Reply #61 on: September 28, 2014, 03:53:08 PM »
DuckTales is not an indie title or an eShop exclusive so why would it be on either list?
Because the only other category was Virtual Console or Multiplayer it wasn't in either of those. I browsed every category it wasn't in any of them I only found it by searching, which is a problem because it means other games might be equally hard to find. The eShop isn't organized at all well.

If you know where it is supposed to be please tell me because I fucking looked everywhere I had an equally hard time finding other games that I know are on there but the only way to find them was to browse all games. That took forever. I also had to sift through dozens of 3DS games and DSi games those shouldn't even show up on a Wii U eshop app. It is very disorganized unless I am missing something which if I am this is why I am posting so someone can point me in the right direction. Anyways its't not a big deal I figured out how to use the search it was just frustrating because I didn't have this hard of a time finding games on PSn or Steam.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 03:56:11 PM by marvel_moviefan_2012 »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 28, 2014, 08:27:31 PM »
That navigation issue is what has kept me from going on my planned splurge on the eShop. I always get frustrated and decide to buy them later.
My Game Collection

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2014, 05:58:59 AM »
My way of getting around the horrible eShop interface has been to check the new releases page and add stuff I'm interested in to my wish list for easy access later.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 08, 2014, 05:53:38 AM »
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

« Reply #65 on: October 09, 2014, 05:51:42 PM »
My way of getting around the horrible eShop interface has been to check the new releases page and add stuff I'm interested in to my wish list for easy access later.

That doesn't work well in my case because I just got mine two weeks ago so there are a lot of games no longer to be found in the new release page. I do hate it so much that I kind of gave up shopping in the eshop the PSN is way better, even Wii Shop Channel is better.

Online NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 09, 2014, 05:58:28 PM »
The Wii Shop is not better, that's just ridiculous. The only thing the Wii Shop is better than is the DSi Shop. Not sure I'd put PSN ahead of it either, as it has its own annoyances, but the Wii Shop was just complete garbage, and the Wii U eShop isn't nearly in that league.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 09, 2014, 06:07:02 PM »
The Wii Shop has awesome music. I like it better than the e-shop. It's more iconic.
Oui, Mon Gars!

« Reply #68 on: October 09, 2014, 06:10:58 PM »
The Wii Shop is not better, that's just ridiculous. The only thing the Wii Shop is better than is the DSi Shop. Not sure I'd put PSN ahead of it either, as it has its own annoyances, but the Wii Shop was just complete garbage, and the Wii U eShop isn't nearly in that league.

easy to navigate very well organized, that is not better than the clusterfuck that is eShop? PSN has categories and can be sorted by price, system, just about anything you can think of, eshop doesn't even have whole games in proper categories they have to be found by browsing the complete list or doing precise searches, I gave up on it not just looking for Ducktales but so many other games, even searching Luigi did not bring up Dr. Luigi OR New Super Luigi U, granted they were not that hard to find but it doesn't make sense that their search could be so broken. Also they don't let you browse by price or system like PSN and Wii Shop do respectively so those are real bummers. Don't pretend its better than it is because you just have to disagree with me for fucks sake eshop is a terrible experience compared to those other two.

Not to mention that PSN recommends titles to you while you browse which does make it easier to find the games you want. I can go into Wii Shop channel and select RPG and only browse what they consider RPG games, I cannot do that on eshop so how is that not better?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 06:13:04 PM by marvel_moviefan_2012 »

Online NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 09, 2014, 06:19:39 PM »
I'm not pretending it's better; I would absolutely rather use the Wii U eShop than the Wii Shop. The PSN store may be better, but I'd argue that no game console store is really a good experience (though I haven't used the Xbox One's, so maybe that's better). They all have major issues if you're looking for anything beyond the most recent stuff.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 10, 2014, 04:32:34 PM »
I also feel the Wii Shop Channel is better than the Wii U eShop, it's easier to navigate, has more clearly-defined categories, and also loads up faster. The 3DS eShop isn't as bad, but it's still pretty cluttered and unintuitive.

« Reply #71 on: October 10, 2014, 09:09:14 PM »
I'm not pretending it's better; I would absolutely rather use the Wii U eShop than the Wii Shop. The PSN store may be better, but I'd argue that no game console store is really a good experience (though I haven't used the Xbox One's, so maybe that's better). They all have major issues if you're looking for anything beyond the most recent stuff.

Wrong, how long has it been since you were in Wii Shop channel? You can navigate so easily and browse by category, system released, by Publisher, Newest Additions and Popular Titles. Plus the search is much easier to use. I don't think you know what you are talking about man, PSN lets you sort by price, system, classic, category (very specific categories too), release date, even sort by oldest to newest or newest to oldest seriously plus when you browse a game it recommends anywhere from two or three similar titles so as much as ten in some cases, it actively helps you find games easily. Not to mention the search highlights titles as you search and narrows it down the closer you get and it doesn't have to be as precise.

Eshop is a mess, it has Demo, Price Drops, eShop Exclusives, Virtual Console, DLC, Best Sellers, Multiplayer, and Indie Games, if you want to browse by ALL titles you have to scroll all the way down to the damn bottom hidden beneath a bynch of adds for their website and digital promotions. HOW IN THE HELL is that useful? There are literally complete games in the store that do not fit ANY category and the only way to find them is either browse ALL titles or search very specifically for the exact title, if you don't know what is on there and just want to browse it is a damn mess, I have NEVER had trouble browsing leisurely through Wii Shop or PSN, or even Steam for that matter Just the Wii U eShop which is the worst digital store I have ever used, its even worse than iTunes. Unless you go online and read up on what is available before hand which if YOU do that fine but don't act like HAVING to do that is at all better than having a well organized easy to navigate store seriously its like all you are doing now is arguing because you like to argue I even quoted you saying it IS better than turn right around after I spelled out how wrong that was saying you aren't saying it is better. My opinions might not be popular with you but **** man this isn't subjective opinion at all it is a a fact that eshop is the hardest to navigate period maybe you've had two, three years to get used to it or maybe you just don't notice because you follow the releases regularly and it isn't an issue for you but for a person just getting the console wanting to browse for games having games that don't show up unless you specifically search for them is bad for sales, it makes it really hard to go back and find a game that wasn't released last week, unless it was made BY Nintendo then you bet your ass it will be easy to find.

I am saying for how I use it its a mess, period, if you HAVE to research ahead of time what is on there OR browse all 500+ games (which it includes 3DS in the listing which is also lame) that is a mess, it should at least let you browse by first letter or publisher, or anything to make it easier.

It isn't just DuckTales man, when I was browsing both online *and* the full catalog I found over twenty games that did not fit any of the categories that were just impossible to find unless you knew about them ahead of time which is my point, I don't have that issue with Wii, PSN or Steam, and those stores are generally better designed too. I personally like both the Wii Virtual Console set up and the PSN set up, maybe its different on PS4 or even Vita I don't know but on PS3 its damn near PERFECT as far as digital stores go. You say its not why not point out the imaginary flaw you claim it has, I have yet to run into any issues it makes it so simple to find games and it learns your behavior and recommends games while you shop which just makes it easier. I am not saying the GAMES on eShop suck or that it is a terrible system or the  content is bad but it is a sloppy store that makes it real hard to find certain games.

My issue is I was actively looking for games that I *KNEW* was there, and I had trouble finding them, now imagine someone new to this machine is browsing eshop **** there is not chance in hell they will find those games unless they too browse ALL which most people won't do.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 10, 2014, 09:21:08 PM »
I don't mind that they list 3DS titles on the Wii U eShop, but at least unify your wishlist between the systems. How about allowing you to buys a 3DS game on the Wii U and they spit out the code so you can plug it into your 3DS system? Or better yet, buy on a different system (or PC) and the game gets "pushed" to the target system as an auto download like they do for certain new updates like YouTube or Rusty's Real Deal.
My Game Collection

« Reply #73 on: October 10, 2014, 09:39:13 PM »
To be fair, PSN does this too it shows PSVita, PSP, and PS4 all in the same shop as PS3 but it lets you sort them out, I just wish Eshop could be sorted better is all. I don't have a 3DS but it sounds like the eshop is better on that? Its really my only complaint about the console, in fact I was actually hyped about buying so many games but it became such a chore I gave up out of frustration. I ended up just getting all the easy to find games and saying oh well **** the 3rd party devs who actually tried to support this thing its not like they wanted me to buy their damn game anyways.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 10, 2014, 10:34:49 PM »
I had hoped originally that the eShop could become my new Nintendo game wishlist but considering the barriers I will remove all of the non-Wii U games and use it as a way to track my digital Wii U wishlist like others are doing. Quite a pity as I would like to have a universal list attached to the system similar to Steam.
My Game Collection