Author Topic: The OFFICIAL E3 2015 Predictions Thread: Reel in those expectations!  (Read 29222 times)

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
Re: The OFFICIAL E3 2015 Predictions Thread: Reel in those expectations!
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2015, 08:16:25 PM »
I want it! Loved the games on the Wii (save for the very first one) and the Wii U game had a really cool unlockable system for gear, music, and more. Plus the events were done well.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2015, 01:26:10 AM »
So... no NX, no Zelda, no QOL, no mobile games from Nintendo at this E3.

E3 is doomed.

Online NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2015, 01:38:20 AM »
We already knew Zelda wasn't going to be there and NX was being unveiled next year, and the lack of the latter two seems like a good thing, as they wouldn't really fit right in this setting.

Personally I'm excited just to get a good look at Star Fox, and anything else is a bonus.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2015, 01:44:32 PM »
It's all about the games! Except Zelda and games that don't use face buttons.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2015, 02:49:07 PM »
Awesome! Square Enix moved their conference so that it doesn't clash. I am now most looking forward to watching Xenoblade/ SMTXFE and Deus Ex/Just Cause live rather than after the fact.

My prediction for today is that the account system will not show up at E3 since Iwata has hinted at such. Although even when the system does come out you will still have to pay for Super Mario Brothers again on the NX.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2015, 10:23:12 PM »
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2015, 04:53:41 PM »
I'm starting to get the feeling that Zelda "will" be there in spite what Nintendo has said. Something tells me the winds are blowing in a new direction. Unless what ever new announced game are also open world type games then yeah Zelda will be there.

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2015, 06:34:43 PM »
I'm starting to get the feeling that Zelda "will" be there in spite what Nintendo has said. Something tells me the winds are blowing in a new direction. Unless what ever new announced game are also open world type games then yeah Zelda will be there.
I think the methodology behind Zelda is that they don't want to overshadow their other announcements with a game that won't be out for another year and a half. A good conference is like a fruit smoothie, say Star Fox is a kiwi, Animal Crossing is a peach and Metroid is a mango. Whereas Zelda (in the eyes of the media and in terms of general mind share) is a watermelon, yes you now have more fruit but the component sum of it's parts are now smaller by comparison.

In 2016 Wii U development will be winding down so there will be naturally less Wii U software with them moving onto the NX or even the hypothetical MX, so why not save your big watermelon blowout for when times are tough and you need it most? For example does anyone remember which games/features were announced during the 2014 games awards?

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2015, 09:42:43 PM »
I'm not gonna lie the E3 video was pretty cool.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2015, 12:47:59 AM »
This could be one of those instances when Nintendo says a game won't be at E3 then it's shown at an after-hours press event/developers roundtable.

I'd still rather not see the game until Nintendo is ready to release it.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2015, 12:52:36 AM »
I'm going to slightly alter my predictions.

On the Wii U side, I think Intelligent Systems will be putting out a Paper Mario title early 2016, which moves Animal Crossing to a mid/summer 2016 release, which is a good time for that game. It will get a bit of coverage and hopefully will be a return-to-form.

Likewise, I also think Nintendo will drop a big in-house title for 3DS as well as a big localization for this holiday- something more recognizable and polished than last year's Fantasy Life. The in-house might be some Pokemon (I know Game Freak isn't in house, but yeah), and since they're running out of IP to release we might see a very obscure franchise like Metoid show up. But it will more than likely be something else.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2015, 01:19:40 AM »
Is Eternal Darkness an IP owned by Nintendo or is it some grey area to that? Its really about time for a sequel and not some HD retread either.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2015, 01:25:37 AM »
I'm pretty sure Nintendo owns Eternal Darkness.

Online NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2015, 01:35:07 AM »
They must, or else Silicon Knights would have used the name in their Kickstarter.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2015, 10:12:54 AM »
As for Zelda, I'm pretty certain they ain't joking about that no-show. I'm starting to suspect that the art style might be getting a total overhaul; otherwise it's hard to fathom the timeline of the reveal and delay if it's simply for some new gameplay hook.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #65 on: May 18, 2015, 06:05:51 PM »
Something inside of me says an HD remake of Super Mario Sunshine is happening, but I'm not sure if that's just the booze.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2015, 06:08:01 PM »
An HD remake of Super Mario Sunshine would have to be a lot more than just a prettier version to make me enjoy it. A lot of bone-headed, abhorrent design decisions in that game.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #67 on: May 18, 2015, 06:16:06 PM »
Right, but I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo fixed some of those things, especially the Yoshi bits.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2015, 06:23:59 PM »
Yeah, me too!

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2015, 06:52:22 PM »
An HD remake of Super Mari 64 is all I need.  Add in the few new bonus levels from the DS game, and the different characters, and finally one or more bonus levels, and you have a perfect game.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #70 on: May 18, 2015, 09:31:06 PM »
I'm thinking Nintendo will either announce the GC VC or more HD remakes.  I guess it would depend on if HD remakes are more lucrative than VC ports based on sales vs required effort.

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 18, 2015, 11:50:07 PM »
Nintendo continues to "extend" the trademark rights for Eternal Darkness but it's well past the 5 year mark so you can file for abandonment forcing Nintendo to either use the mark or give up the claim.  Of course Nintendo could just re-release the game to VC or something making it viable again. 

Personally I not sure why Nintendo just didn't give up the rights back to SK since they haven't showed any interest in the IP in over 10 years now?

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 19, 2015, 12:02:32 AM »
"A document from The United States Patent and Trademark Office has emerged which reveals that Nintendo have been given six months in which to file a statement of use of the Eternal Darkness trademark or risk losing it. They may file for extensions a total of five times, giving them a total of thirty six months to use the Eternal Darkness trademark or they will forfeit it."

Nintendo extended it again in Dec 2014, so it has another 3 or 4 times it can extend--so by July 2017 if not sooner. 

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 19, 2015, 12:16:10 AM »
Nintendo continues to "extend" the trademark rights for Eternal Darkness but it's well past the 5 year mark so you can file for abandonment forcing Nintendo to either use the mark or give up the claim.  Of course Nintendo could just re-release the game to VC or something making it viable again. 

Personally I not sure why Nintendo just didn't give up the rights back to SK since they haven't showed any interest in the IP in over 10 years now?

If it were that easy, someone would have done it by now. Good luck proving that Nintendo "intends not to resume use" of the ED trademark.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 19, 2015, 02:14:17 PM »
Saying that Zelda was not going to be at E3 did not go over well.  It was a bad news and bad PR.  Why would Nintendo LIE about something like that?  It makes no sense.  They gain nothing from it.

Zelda will not be there at all in any way.  I figure something has fundamentally changed about it and it either is in too broken of a state to show or showing it will reveal something prematurely.  Nintendo would not contribute to general "Nintendo is doomed" feelings that can cost them sales to if they didn't have to.  They would show Zelda at E3 if they could and they would not say it won't be there if they intended it to be there.  It will 100% not be at E3 or any event that occurs during the same time as E3.