Poll

New Mutants has been DELAYED yet again. When will it come out? Will it ever come out?

It'll get delayed till Summer time
They'll drop it in the October slot for Halloween
Streaming Rental on Disney+ for double the ticket price
It's cursed.... it's never coming out.
Make it a double feature with Black Widow in the Drive Thru's
Right after they do the reshoots... they have time now. lol

Author Topic: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!  (Read 1204905 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!
« Reply #3300 on: May 15, 2015, 12:53:29 AM »
Just put DC movies and television together...it will be easier.

But their not related.
They may even over lap a few characters, without any relation to each other.
could get confusing. (ok, not really, but it would make more sense if it was all related to each other.)

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3301 on: May 15, 2015, 04:31:54 AM »
Except the movie thread would just disappear because DC movies are not coming out that fast.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #3302 on: May 15, 2015, 07:54:03 AM »
I know there have been comparisons to the Black Widow trailer but frankly that's dumb. The SNL skit really didn't fit the character of Black Widow which was apart of the Joke, however making more of a romantic comedy works for other younger characters like Supergirl, Ms.Marvel, and Spider-man to be frank.
The overarching joke was that Marvel doesn't understand how to write female superheroes which is at least partially why Marvel isn't releasing its first movie with a female lead for another three and a half years. The skit uses Black Widow mainly since Scarlett Johansson was the guest, but it works because Black Widow is the most prominent female character in the MCU who is notably without a solo film. Marvel currently has one female lead (Agent Carter) and then only AKA Jessica Jones and Captain Marvel slated to be released.

And if Marvel turns Spider-Man and Captain Marvel into romantic comedies, I might just give up on the Marvel Cinematic Universe entirely. I'm more familiar with the former, and it has never struck me as anywhere close to that genre. If the focus is going to be on their alter-egos' romantic relationships, don't even call the movies "Spider-Man" and "Captain Marvel." Call them "Peter Parker" and "Always the Bridesmaid: Carol Danvers." Might as well add a laugh track if they're going to stray that far from the source material.
To Ad's rock's compliant he says make a good show first but their isn't any thing inherently bad about the trailer
I think there is. As previously stated, it's appealing to the lowest common denominator. Arrow and Flash weren't made into romantic comedies so it's especially problematic here. We only have a trailer to go on regarding Supergirl, but the superhero stuff seemed to take a backseat which is like the opposite point of making a Supergirl show. My issue with it is the same issue I had with the way Supergirl was written out of the DCAU: she travels to the future to fight evil then stays for a boy. It's a shame because all the Supergirl stuff was handled pretty well before that. When writers don't know what to do with a character, they fall back on tropes and stereotypes which ultimately hurts the character and the story. Maybe the show will prove me wrong, and I'm willing to give it a chance because I really like Supergirl as a character, but right now, I don't like the direction it seems to be taking.
Also the problem with saying using what makes supergirl as a character great is there's like 8-9 iterations of the character going on about twenty if you decided to include powergirl.  They seem to be cribbing alot from different versions of the characters
I believe they've admitted as much, and the problem with it is that means they outright chose the bits that could be used to make Rom-Com Supergirl. Why not pick bits that don't pander to a specific audience?

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: May 15, 2015, 11:13:58 AM »

I suck at doing multi-quotes

The overarching joke was that Marvel doesn't understand how to write female superheroes which is at least partially why Marvel isn't releasing its first movie with a female lead for another three and a half years. The skit uses Black Widow mainly since Scarlett Johansson was the guest, but it works because Black Widow is the most prominent female character in the MCU who is notably without a solo film. Marvel currently has one female lead (Agent Carter) and then only AKA Jessica Jones and Captain Marvel slated to be released.

And if Marvel turns Spider-Man and Captain Marvel into romantic comedies, I might just give up on the Marvel Cinematic Universe entirely. I'm more familiar with the former, and it has never struck me as anywhere close to that genre. If the focus is going to be on their alter-egos' romantic relationships, don't even call the movies "Spider-Man" and "Captain Marvel." Call them "Peter Parker" and "Always the Bridesmaid: Carol Danvers." Might as well add a laugh track if they're going to stray that far from the source material.

But the best Spider-man stories have thier DNA ripped from romantic comedies even down to small tropes like the meet cute. Spider-man out of all the Silver Age marvel stuff pulled the most from when Stan Lee's work on romance comics a decade prior. Even with the Amazing movies the best parts are the Pete/Gwen dynamic which for better or worse is nothing but a rom com.

As for Captain Marvel I wasn't referring to her but a related character named Ms.Marvel

In fact the series shares alot of similarities too the supergirl trailer down to the somewhat adorkably frumpy protag,the genius best friend who makes all her gear and is in love with her.

Now Captain Marvel is Carol Danvers and her movie is probably going to be part top gun, part heroic space adventure after she gets her powers.  Also using the always the bridesmaid Carol Danvers is hella patronizing to the source material seeing as what works for one character doesn't work for another and in KSD run which the film is going to crib a lot from Carol has only dated War Machine and most of her supporting cast is just her family and mother figure.

You say stray from the source materiel but Ultimate Spider-man, Spider-man loves Mary Jane, The original run that went from came from Lee/Ditko/Romtia all had qualities of a Rom-com and  focused alot on pete's life outside of spider-man.

[qutote]I think there is. As previously stated, it's appealing to the lowest common denominator. Arrow and Flash weren't made into romantic comedies so it's especially problematic here. We only have a trailer to go on regarding Supergirl, but the superhero stuff seemed to take a backseat which is like the opposite point of making a Supergirl show. My issue with it is the same issue I had with the way Supergirl was written out of the DCAU: she travels to the future to fight evil then stays for a boy. It's a shame because all the Supergirl stuff was handled pretty well before that. When writers don't know what to do with a character, they fall back on tropes and stereotypes which ultimately hurts the character and the story. Maybe the show will prove me wrong, and I'm willing to give it a chance because I really like Supergirl as a character, but right now, I don't like the direction it seems to be taking.

Fair enough, I do agree with the Legion reasons, but that was mostly done as supergirl and the legion is a thing from the comics and for whatever reasons people think the legion are cool. I mean watching the trailer she doesn't do anything for the sake of a man though, she probably is going to have a crush on jimmy, and really hasn't shown any romantic feelings toward toyman. As for the supergirl stuff taking a backseat that isn't necessarily a bad thing., though even in the comics I tend to enjoy books that  focus on the Alter ego as much the superhero stuff. But once again fair enough, but like I said the trailer trope wise shares is nearly beat by beat the same as the flash trailer.

As for Arrow it might be a romantic comedy but seasons 1 and 2 are incredibly soapy and has alot in common with a show like the Young and the restless or the bold and the beautiful.  That's sort of where the whole radioactive joke comes from right.

I believe they've admitted as much, and the problem with it is that means they outright chose the bits that could be used to make Rom-Com Supergirl. Why not pick bits that don't pander to a specific audience?

My guess is that the show was conflicted on what they were going to do and they've attached alot of what typically is used for Clark Kent and attached it upon her Kara going more in the lois and clark direction. I can see why people won't like it, but as a slice of life guy i'm eating this supergirl series up.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #3304 on: May 15, 2015, 12:26:32 PM »
But the best Spider-man stories have thier DNA ripped from romantic comedies even down to small tropes like the meet cute. Spider-man out of all the Silver Age marvel stuff pulled the most from when Stan Lee's work on romance comics a decade prior. Even with the Amazing movies the best parts are the Pete/Gwen dynamic which for better or worse is nothing but a rom com.
I'm not sure The Amazing Spider-Man series is the best example to use considering it was collectively considered such a failure that Sony is rebooting Spider-Man again, and handing the keys over to Marvel. That said, my point was in a movie called Spider-Man, the focus should be on Spider-Man. Not that the Peter Parker scenes can't or shouldn't also be good, but Spider-Man is the entire point. The same principle applies to Supergirl. And I don't even outright dislike the romantic comedy genre. I just don't think it's the right thing to dedicate most of the trailer to. If they want to make Kara Zor-El Takes National City, make that show instead.

I'm not saying they shouldn't have any aspects of romantic comedies whatsoever. The Supergirl trailer was just dripping of it so it seemed excessive. Granted, trailers are typically handled by the marketing department, but if this is the tone they want to invoke, it doesn't inspire much confidence in me. Still, I may be pleasantly surprised. If the trailer is just supposed to get women to tune in with the hope of hooking them, then the trailer was clearly not meant for me, someone who is already a fan of the character. Maybe they just expect me to be there when the show premiers.
As for Captain Marvel I wasn't referring to her but a related character named Ms.Marvel
My bad. You mentioned Ms. Marvel in the same sentence as Supergirl and Spider-Man, and since there's no Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan) movie/TV show coming out, I thought you were referring to Captain Marvel.
Also using the always the bridesmaid Carol Danvers is hella patronizing to the source material seeing as what works for one character doesn't work for another and in KSD run which the film is going to crib a lot from Carol has only dated War Machine and most of her supporting cast is just her family and mother figure.
You're reading too far into it. I made a throwaway rom-com joke. The "always a bridesmaid" thing is one of the most obnoxious and overused tropes in the genre. I rather like Carol Davers as a character (even if I wanted to sacrifice Davers to give Rogue her powers before I knew who had the rights), and outside of Captain America: Civil War, I'm looking forward to the Captain Marvel movie the most in the MCU.
As for Arrow it might be a romantic comedy but seasons 1 and 2 are incredibly soapy and has alot in common with a show like the Young and the restless or the bold and the beautiful.
I don't like that direction either.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 12:45:42 PM by Adrock »

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3305 on: May 15, 2015, 07:11:59 PM »
The DCAU:  Justice League Unlimited is one of the best representations of the universe.  I have no problem with Supergirl staying for a guy.  It is not unlike stories don't do the same with a guy staying for a girl.  Heck the end of Thor is basically, Thor turning his back on his responsibility and home for a girl.

People fall in love and they are willing to do anything for that person, even foolish things. 

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3306 on: May 19, 2015, 01:22:32 PM »
Sorry, I just came across that picture BlackNMild posted a few pages back. Disney is doing a Ghost in the Shell movie? And a sequel to Alice? AND TOY STORY 4?

This just has badness written all over it.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #3307 on: May 23, 2015, 03:52:12 PM »
I only saw the 6-minute preview for Supergirl but it looks laughily bad, like completely unwatchable. It looks just like the Black Widow parody that they did on Saturday Night Live. The girl is hot though.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #3308 on: June 08, 2015, 07:30:06 PM »
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3309 on: June 09, 2015, 08:31:28 PM »
Reboot is getting a Reboot
“Transcending age groups with appeal to kids, tweens and teens, ReBoot: the Guardian Code is an adventure-comedy series about four teens (Austin, Parker, Grey and Tamra) who discover that they’re next-gen Guardians with a mission to save the world, by defending it in cyberspace. The Internet revolutionized the world, but it also left it vulnerable to attack. With the help of VERA, the last surviving cyberbeing from the original Guardian Program, our heroes stream into cyberspace where they use their awesome code-based powers to battle viruses that have been unleashed by a ruthless hacker. Known only as the Sourcerer, he seeks to rule the world by controlling cyberspace. Original fans of the show will be happy to hear that Megabyte will be back and he’s getting a major upgrade. ReBoot will showcase leading edge technologies and bring coding into the mainstream for kids.

When Austin, Parker, Grey and Tamra are not trying to stop viruses from overloading a nuclear power station, or remotely opening a dam to flood a city, or playing Criss Cross Crash Hour with a city’s transportation grid, our heroes are being typical teens: arguing with their parents over curfews; dealing with crushes; or trying to avoid getting suspended for skipping class when they’re really on a cyber mission to save the world!â€

I have nothing but love for Reboot but, this sound awful, like PSA awful. That is seriously fucking up the core Mythos of the series. They could have messed with the series in a lot of different ways, but this should have been untouchable.

Edit:Missing Link.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 01:26:45 AM by oohhboy »
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3310 on: June 09, 2015, 10:22:33 PM »
The "kids with secret identities trying to balance saving the world with real life" trope is getting really old. And not many of the stories with this plot line pulled it off very well. But there will always be an appeal for the sub-genre because what kid doesn't have dreams like this?

Pity they are killing Reboot. My friends loved the show and I thought it was rather enjoyable. Hex (Hexen? Hexidecimal? can't remember her name) needs to make a return because she made the show for me. She was an enjoyable villain.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3311 on: June 11, 2015, 07:31:47 AM »
Whooooa man, Reboot. That takes me back.

That and Beast Wars still trump many modern day CGI-centric shows.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #3312 on: June 11, 2015, 08:48:16 AM »
“Transcending age groups with appeal to kids, tweens and teens, ReBoot: the Guardian Code is an adventure-comedy series about four teens (Austin, Parker, Grey and Tamra) who discover that they’re next-gen Guardians with a mission to save the world, by defending it in cyberspace. The Internet revolutionized the world, but it also left it vulnerable to attack. With the help of VERA, the last surviving cyberbeing from the original Guardian Program, our heroes stream into cyberspace where they use their awesome code-based powers to battle viruses that have been unleashed by a ruthless hacker. Known only as the Sourcerer, he seeks to rule the world by controlling cyberspace. Original fans of the show will be happy to hear that Megabyte will be back and he’s getting a major upgrade. ReBoot will showcase leading edge technologies and bring coding into the mainstream for kids.

When Austin, Parker, Grey and Tamra are not trying to stop viruses from overloading a nuclear power station, or remotely opening a dam to flood a city, or playing Criss Cross Crash Hour with a city’s transportation grid, our heroes are being typical teens: arguing with their parents over curfews; dealing with crushes; or trying to avoid getting suspended for skipping class when they’re really on a cyber mission to save the world!â€

I have nothing but love for Reboot but, this sound awful, like PSA awful. That is seriously fucking up the core Mythos of the series. They could have messed with the series in a lot of different ways, but this should have been untouchable.

So basically it's Superhero Samurai Syber-Squad.

Or Mega Man: NT Warrior if you prefer.

OR, you know, Tron (of course) but I digress.

And yeah, this sounds horrible and completely missing the point of what Reboot WAS.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 08:59:30 AM by broodwars »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3313 on: June 11, 2015, 09:37:28 AM »
I still miss Shadow Raiders.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #3314 on: June 16, 2015, 10:44:07 PM »

Yeah, this sounds bad. Generic and bad.
Or Mega Man: NT Warrior if you prefer.

Man, it's like they weren't even trying with that intro.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3315 on: June 17, 2015, 03:20:35 AM »
Hell I would watch new Reboot today even if they kept the visuals like they were back in the 90's, new characters, new system, time skip, but nope, got to rip out the core mythos. Just tragic.

Same sort of reason I stop watching Thunderbirds are Go. They entirely missed the point of the series when they keep focusing on the fucking Hood and trying to serialize it with Beware the Batman level of terrible writing. Thunderbirds Is great because of it's limitations, not because of how "Epic" you can make a disaster.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3316 on: July 02, 2015, 01:06:42 AM »
Rick & Morty S2 E01 and E02 have both been leaked to the internet

/r/videos

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3317 on: July 02, 2015, 03:46:46 PM »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3318 on: July 02, 2015, 03:55:01 PM »
I just don't feel the "wonder" of this Wonder Woman.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #3319 on: July 02, 2015, 05:10:38 PM »
I still think she should have pants.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3320 on: July 02, 2015, 07:38:57 PM »
Nope, just nope.  They are going to ruin this...and Marvel and Disney will be running to the bank laughing...at WB's foolish decisions on making the universe dark and not fun.

I have been re-watching the Justice League Animated Series, the Superman Animated series, and the Batman series.  I have to say animation is the way to do these films.  Get really good writers and hire really blockbuster Hollywood voice actors, and make great animated movies.  You can do whatever you want, because Budget will not be an issue...just bring in enough talent to make every fight great.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #3321 on: July 02, 2015, 11:31:08 PM »
Nope, just nope.  They are going to ruin this...and Marvel and Disney will be running to the bank laughing...at WB's foolish decisions on making the universe dark and not fun.

I have been re-watching the Justice League Animated Series, the Superman Animated series, and the Batman series.  I have to say animation is the way to do these films.  Get really good writers and hire really blockbuster Hollywood voice actors, and make great animated movies.  You can do whatever you want, because Budget will not be an issue...just bring in enough talent to make every fight great.

You say that like they're mutually exclusive Burton's Batman films were Dark films yet had a lot of fun to them. Also the Nolan films were pretty dark and still did gangbusters. I'm not sure why DC has to approach things exactly like Marvel has I like that the DC and Fox Movie slates are a bit more realistic and really this no fun stuff is bullshit consdeering we have Lord/Miller on the flash, Justin Lin doing Aquaman, and Shazam is being approach as a family friendly film.

I like Gadot's look so far as Wonder Woman myself and she reminds me a lot of cliff chaings version of the character.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3322 on: July 03, 2015, 12:29:28 AM »
Nope, I say it because they are making series that are dark for no reason except to be different.  They are not looking at the character and seeing who the character is and what the character is about, and THEN making the movie.

Superman is not a dark character...he shouldn't be in a dark, overly serious movie.  It should be lighter than Batman, except that is not what we got with Man of Steel.  Your examples were ALL Batman films, which should be dark.  However, you ignore that the first great Super Hero movie Richard Donner's Superman wasn't dark at all. 

Justice League just looks to be pushing all the DC characters into the drab serious world.  It doesn't have to be that way...create some contrast, so people understand the different characters. 

The CW did it right with The Flash.  They allowed for a fun popcorn series to be created.  Sure it has its moments of serious threat, but Barry Allen is light, and playful.  Yet he still hangs out with The Arrow...who is still a darker character. 

Marvel looked at the characters, and asked the important questions...who is this character?  What are his/her stories about, and then crafted their movie.  So Captain America is an adventure series, but it is also rooted heavily in the Spy genre and conspiracy genre.  We have Heist movie with Ant Man.  Iron Man perhaps played it more straight for a Super Hero story, but it still focused on corporations and legacies...dealing with a broken man getting a second chance in life. 

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #3323 on: July 03, 2015, 12:38:23 AM »
Its hard to say, we know nothing about this movie other than its trailers.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #3324 on: July 03, 2015, 01:23:52 AM »
That's not the best picture I've seen.