Author Topic: Could we get a "Buy/Sell/Trade" board?  (Read 3278 times)

Offline aoi tsuki

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Could we get a "Buy/Sell/Trade" board?
« on: February 07, 2003, 08:47:42 AM »
i started to contine on asking until i decided to reread the forum rules.

Advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also inappropriate on on Planet GameCube Forums. This includes links to Auction Sites, Adult-Oriented sites and imagery, and any sites depicting any harm to a cat.

Just curious as to why auction sites aren't allowed. i'm about to sell my GC modem adapter, and wanted to put the link to my auction in my sig. Also i had some stategy guides and other things i'm pretty much giving away (i'm just asking the receiver to pay shipping), but i wanted to make sure it was to people who'd appreciate it. Such a board could also host the "Gamecube deals" threads.

The only reason i could see was that if something went wrong, someone might wanna drag PGC into it.

i started to PM you on this Rick, but i figure you have enough PMs and posts directed at you.
"Snake felt a hunger for Meryl blossom within his loins."

Offline RickPowers

• IT Director
    Senior Editor
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2003, 09:46:31 AM »
The main reason we don't allow that sort of thing is that we don't want the forum to become flooded with that sort of thing.  Yes, we could set aside an area for it, but we don't want to have to deal with any complaints from people who may get "taken" from someone on this board.  It becomes impossible to manage, we'd have to check each and every link just to make sure that nothing inappropriate was being linked to.  It's just a big hassle.

But most importantly, this is a DISCUSSION board.  There are tons of places you can go to sell things.  
:: Rob "Rick Powers" Stevens
:: Senior Editor Emeritus
:: Personal Blog
:: Wii Number: 7294 0910 3012 6153

Offline aoi tsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2003, 12:58:06 PM »
Yeah, i pretty much figured as much.

It's not that i don't have anywhere to sell stuff, it's just i wanted to sell it to people i had *some* acquaintance with. But i understand.

"Snake felt a hunger for Meryl blossom within his loins."

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2003, 01:31:30 PM »
Just so no one gets the bright idea in your head, we will take action if we get reports of any users soliciting through the private message system as well.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline RickPowers

• IT Director
    Senior Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2003, 01:37:16 PM »
Ooooh, good point, Dan.

Yes, Moderators and Administrators have FULL access to the "private" message system, so don't think that because it says "private" that you can harrass others with it.  We can verify ANY reports of abuse very quickly, and take action just as fast.
:: Rob "Rick Powers" Stevens
:: Senior Editor Emeritus
:: Personal Blog
:: Wii Number: 7294 0910 3012 6153

Offline Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2003, 01:41:10 PM »
Um.. so our private messages aren't really private?

Mabye you should let people know this more so that they don't have a false sense of private messages really being private.
Matt
Contact Info in Profile

Offline PGC-Agent Cooper

• Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2003, 08:34:02 AM »
Well in a sense it is private.  We don't sift through your messages.  So lighten up.  If someone wants to hack your PC, they'll do it.  Ultimately we don't want to deal with any trade problems-lawsuits-etc.  We've got enough on our plate.  So basically, that's why we're not going to do something like this.
Billy Berghammer
Founder -- Planet GameCube.com

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2003, 08:41:50 AM »
To expand on what Billy said: We've got no reason or desire to see what you're talking about in private messages, but if someone's abusing the system and we get wind of it, we'll surely investigate.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers