Author Topic: Bit.Trip Core To Become the 100th WiiWare Title  (Read 4497 times)

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Bit.Trip Core To Become the 100th WiiWare Title
« on: June 25, 2009, 02:50:16 PM »
Bit.Trip Core will mark an achievement for the downloadable game service when it comes out this July.
 http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=18939

Just having finished celebrating its one year anniversary, Nintendo's WiiWare service will once again see another milestone. On July 6, 2009, Gaijin Games will release Bit.Trip Core, a follow up to Bit.Trip.Beat, which is already available on WiiWare.    

The game will be WiiWare's 100th game. An image on their website confirms this..    

Nintendo launched WiiWare on May 12, 2008 and has seen great success thanks to anticipated releases of Capcom's Mega Man 9, Square Enix's Final Fantasy IV: The After Years, and 2D Boy's World of Goo.    

Gaijin Games' Bit.Trip Beat was the first of six games in the Bit.Trip series, which was published by Aksys Games and was released on March 16, 2009. Bit.Trip Core will be the second title in the series. Both games are known for their modern takes on classic gaming conventions and feature a stylized look with retro music and rhythm-based gameplay.

Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Re: Bit.Trip Core To Become the 100th WiiWare Title
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 10:12:02 PM »
There are 95 WiiWare games now. The only way this game will be the 100th is if we get a combined 5 WiiWare games between Monday's releases and the July 6 releases. It's possible though since Nintendo doesn't always stick us with 1 release per week like they do with Virtual Console.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 10:50:40 PM »
There are 95 WiiWare games now. The only way this game will be the 100th is if we get a combined 5 WiiWare games between Monday's releases and the July 6 releases. It's possible though since Nintendo doesn't always stick us with 1 release per week like they do with Virtual Console.

SO CONFIRMED 4 next week. cool.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 11:15:25 PM »
That would be nice, but I would look at the Virtual Console. The week that we got the 100th VC game (Zelda II: The Adventure of Link), we got 2 other games that same week.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 11:35:26 PM »
Wow. I'm surprised we hit that milestone with how few we get at times. I wonder if overall sales of software on the service has increased over that time? It would be nice to know if older games are still selling consistently once they fall off of the top 20 charts.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2009, 10:33:50 AM »
 "Bang Attack" and "Silver Star Reversi" are scheduled for Monday.

I want NyxQuest: Kindred Spirits  or Bust-a-Move wiiware to release already. I think we might get them all.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2009, 12:32:19 PM »
Well, Puzzle Bobble Plus came out here today, anyone remember how long it took for Bubble Bobble Plus to come over to the US?

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2009, 01:58:21 PM »
I hope Cave Story is #99.

Well, Puzzle Bobble Plus came out here today, anyone remember how long it took for Bubble Bobble Plus to come over to the US?

If memory serves, between 1 - 2 months.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2009, 02:01:33 PM »
I hope Cave Story is #99.

That would be win.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2009, 03:18:49 PM »
Cave Story #99 and CORE #100? On the same Monday? How awesome would that be. I know it happened once before where multiple awesome WW games came out on the same day but I don't remember when or what they were.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2009, 04:59:44 PM »
I doubt they'd clump the veteran gamer releases that much, they've got to offer something for the newbie gamers too.