Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*  (Read 3156545 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Re: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*
« Reply #8050 on: December 07, 2014, 12:28:15 PM »
According to a prominent retailer, the following have been discontinued: Marth, Farmville character, Wii Fit Trainer Amiibos and the GameCube adapter.

The link is actually a video of the process.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8051 on: December 07, 2014, 12:43:07 PM »
I also heard Nintendo denied the rumors and stated it is a production issue because demand outstripped their supply. I can't find a story for this, though.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #8052 on: December 07, 2014, 12:53:11 PM »
I know the production run was small, and I know Nintendo will eventually stop making these figures, but it's ridiculous to think the figures will be discontinued after just 2 weeks on sale in the middle of the holiday shopping period.

This is the same issue as the Gamecube controller adapter. No reason to go crazy buying things at inflated prices when it's clear they'll soon be back in stock at normal prices.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8053 on: December 07, 2014, 01:16:12 PM »
Agreed. I plan on getting all of them once they are back in stock early next year.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #8054 on: December 07, 2014, 04:31:37 PM »
At least it isn't as bad as people paying thousands of dollars for a PlayStation 4, which would obviously be restocked and wasn't limited. It amazes me that some people are so impatient that they're willing to overpay by the thousands just to not have to wait at most a few months.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #8055 on: December 07, 2014, 05:10:05 PM »
A fool and his money are soon parted by Khushrenada! Ha ha ha!
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #8056 on: December 07, 2014, 08:57:06 PM »
NOA's David Young has confirmed that neither Amiibos nor the Gamecube Controller Adapter have been discontinued. Carry on.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #8057 on: December 08, 2014, 09:18:59 PM »
What the hell, you guys? Looks like we finally got some rumors, and no one wants to chat!

Source.
Earthbound remakes coming to Wii U in 2016. All three games to be ported and will ship to US.

Wouldn't have believed this two years ago.  This year, it seems almost plausible.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8058 on: December 08, 2014, 09:21:10 PM »
Maybe the downloads of the VC version made them realize they were fools to not be doing anything with that series. Plus it could give a pleasant boost to Wii U in between the larger releases next year.
My Game Collection

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #8059 on: December 08, 2014, 09:23:56 PM »
Maybe you should have linked the part where a reddit user shoots this rumor down. This is too good to be true.

http://www.reddit.com/r/wiiu/comments/2om5k2/xpost_from_rearthbound_earthbound_forever_wiiu/cmoiw43

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #8060 on: December 08, 2014, 10:17:56 PM »
LET ME HAVE THIS MOMENT, DAMNIT!

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #8061 on: December 08, 2014, 11:12:13 PM »
Earthbound/Mother fans have suffered enough...

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #8062 on: December 08, 2014, 11:42:46 PM »
T_T

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #8063 on: December 15, 2014, 08:01:43 AM »
Is This a New Wii U Gamepad? I Honestly Don't Know. (Sorry, azeke, it's a Kotaku article)

The source is a commercial on Nintendo's own YouTube channel. The supposed new GamePad is blurred out. The article makes a point of stating that it is not shot with a deep focus so Nintendo is blurring it out.

I would save the image and upload it to imgur to post here, but I've been having trouble posting on the forums from my iPhone. Just some weird page errors and delayed typing. I'll try to edit it, but no guarantees.

EDIT: Here's the image
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 08:04:43 AM by Adrock »

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #8064 on: December 15, 2014, 08:08:35 AM »
Nintendo's saving the Vita!
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #8065 on: December 15, 2014, 08:26:45 AM »
I'm pretty sure Nintendo has to take the Vita in order for Sony to make a Mario Bros. movie that doesn't suck.

Take it to the bank.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #8066 on: December 15, 2014, 08:53:55 AM »
It' been making rounds on Neogaf since yesterday and was disproved on the spot right then.

Obviously Kotaku being Kotaku didn't even read following posts in that very thread and copy pasted it day later.

It's now coming back to NeoGaf again.

I've seen two threads already "re-reporting" this bullshit since i started my dinner 15 minutes ago.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #8067 on: December 15, 2014, 10:52:15 AM »
No new GamePad, just bad post-production.

Ad was from May but who knew because no one ever sees Wii U ads ever.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8068 on: December 15, 2014, 03:45:43 PM »
I figured it would turn out to be an incomplete prototype unit that Nintendo passed out to media agencies (like ad production companies) and no one stopped using it for ads because Nintendo likes to drop the ball in the oddest of ways.  The "Nintendo difference" even applies to their mistakes ;).
My Game Collection

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #8069 on: December 17, 2014, 12:03:04 AM »
Not Nintendo news, or rumor, but I didn't want to make a thread for it.

Nintendo should keep an eye on this tech, and possibly try to revive the Virtual Boy with it in the next gen (after 4DS. after PS4) of hardware. Maybe 5 years down the line, if it's feasible.

http://www.technologyreview.com/news/532001/how-magic-leaps-augmented-reality-works/

Google Invested a very large sum of money, and this tech is supposed to make Oculus Rift look like a 3DS you wear on your face.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #8070 on: December 17, 2014, 06:38:20 PM »
So they give each object a unique set of light rays (like how objects normally reflect light) in order to stimulate our eyes to focus? That's ingenious. They mention it, but the first thing I thought of was corrective displays that allow you to view them without lens or contacts. And depending on how fast it is (they mention augmented reality, so you would assume it's pretty quick) they could develop a one-size fits all prescriptive glasses. Essentially it would be focusing the outside world with a computer instead of a lens. It could even diagnose your eye strength on the fly. But again, it would have to be very fast.

As for Nintendo, I don't see how they could use this. The technology has a chance for widespread acclaim due to it's non-evasive, true 3D depth of field. With a high enough resolution TV, it could be similar to looking at a window. So the need to develop proprietary hardware could be a fools errand. But this is Nintendo after all, and they love their proprietary hardware.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8071 on: December 18, 2014, 01:21:31 PM »
So the need to develop proprietary hardware could be a fools errand. But this is Nintendo after all, and they love their proprietary hardware.
Not to mention fools Errands.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #8072 on: February 19, 2015, 06:27:37 PM »
Aonuma: Zelda has "as large a world as can be realised" on Wii U

http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/290594/Aonuma:+Zelda+has+%22as+large+a+world+as+can+be+realised%22+on+Wii+U/

In the latest issue of Gamereactor Magazine - out in stores today - we have an interview with Legend of Zelda producer Eiji Aonuma, who discusses not only the remake of Majora's Mask (out last Friday, and reviewed here), but the upcoming Wii U title.

"A huge, seamlessly unfolding world is something that can't be achieved if the hardware isn't advanced enough," he responded when asked how the studio was transitioning to the new world teased in last year's demo. "Ever since we made the very first generation of Legend of Zelda games though, we've had as large a world as can be realised with the hardware, so you could say it was inevitable that we've now done the same with the new Wii U title."

He also commented on claims that the series had finally gone open world.

"When I first showed off the new Zelda game on the Wii U, it seemed everyone was very excited and started proclaiming that a Zelda game had at last become open world! Zelda games have always allowed you to roam and explore a huge world.

"What's changed now is that the hardware has progressed to the point that you can now explore this vast world seamlessly; the underpinning of the game hasn't changed."

And keeping track of where you are in that open world is now easier with the second screen on the Wii U GamePad, which Aonuma says aids with the sense of adventure while paralleling real life.

"Recently, I've taken to relying on the map on my smart phone when I'm out walking in a place I'm not familiar with. A map isn't something you keep tucked away in your bag, it's by holding it in your hand and being able to constantly check it as you move forward step by step that gives you that sense of adventure."

I wonder what Monolith has to say about this...
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8073 on: February 19, 2015, 08:02:10 PM »
Aonuma: Zelda has "as large a world as can be realised" on Wii U

... so not that big then?  KIDDING!

Sounds cool.  Hey if they want to have a dick measuring contest with Monolith Soft I'm all for it.  Having a Nintendo team talking about maximizing the hardware is a nice change of pace.  "A huge, seamlessly unfolding world is something that can't be achieved if the hardware isn't advanced enough" is not the sort of comment I can imagine coming from Iwata or Miyamoto.  How did Aonuma feel about making Zelda games with effectively the same level of hardware for 11 years?  We've been debating about what to do with the Zelda series for a while but Wind Waker is the last time Nintendo was using new hardware to push the scale of the world in a Zelda game.  Maybe the "problem" with Zelda lately has been that the series outgrew it's sandbox and now it finally has a bigger one to play in.

Zelda and Xenoblade in the same year might be my killer app for the Wii U.

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #8074 on: February 19, 2015, 09:32:06 PM »

... so not that big then?  KIDDING!

Sounds cool.  Hey if they want to have a dick measuring contest with Monolith Soft I'm all for it.  Having a Nintendo team talking about maximizing the hardware is a nice change of pace.  "A huge, seamlessly unfolding world is something that can't be achieved if the hardware isn't advanced enough" is not the sort of comment I can imagine coming from Iwata or Miyamoto.  How did Aonuma feel about making Zelda games with effectively the same level of hardware for 11 years?  We've been debating about what to do with the Zelda series for a while but Wind Waker is the last time Nintendo was using new hardware to push the scale of the world in a Zelda game.  Maybe the "problem" with Zelda lately has been that the series outgrew it's sandbox and now it finally has a bigger one to play in.

Zelda and Xenoblade in the same year might be my killer app for the Wii U.

So is these to games the ones that get you to buy a Wii U? (assuming you still don't have one)