Author Topic: Sales of Mario Party Series Surpass 39 Million  (Read 2687 times)

Offline alexosborn

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Sales of Mario Party Series Surpass 39 Million
« on: February 21, 2015, 08:20:02 AM »

And that number is only going to grow next month!

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/39678/sales-of-mario-party-series-surpass-39-million

Global sales of the Mario Party franchise have surpassed 39 million copies, Nintendo has announced.

"Mario Party 10 is the first Wii U instalment in the revered Mario Party series, which since its debut – Mario Party – on Nintendo 64 in 1999 has sold over 39.6 million copies globally," the company said in a post on its website.

The latest entry in the series will be coming exclusively to Nintendo's tablet-centric console next month, and features a number of exciting new additions, including a Bowser Party mode. For more on Mario Party 10, check out our hands-on preview.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Re: Sales of Mario Party Series Surpass 39 Million
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 06:43:19 PM »
Probably the only person to ask this, but... does this include the portable installments and the e-reader title?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 12:42:52 AM »
Somebody has 35 millions copies of Mario Party games in their house.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2015, 10:52:11 AM »
And he posted here.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2015, 03:04:48 PM »
If we only count main-line releases that is close to 4 million per title. Not a bad shake for a party game over time. I have not picked one up since #4 on the Gamecube so I might have to get the latest one at some point.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2015, 05:41:20 PM »
Probably the only person to ask this, but... does this include the portable installments and the e-reader title?
Out of curiosity, I looked up the sales numbers on Wikipedia (lol Wikipedia) and the nine console games combined equal 22.614 million. Mario Party DS sold 8.21 million which would bring the total to a little over 30 million. I could not find sales numbers for Mario Party Advance, Mario Party Island Tour, or the e-Reader game; this would seem to indicate that Mario Party Advance sold under a million, unless its numbers were never reported in a place that Wikipedia could cite. Island Tour may be too new to have a number reported.

So yes, it does include the handheld titles, but not sure about the e-Reader card game. There's a piece missing here to get that 9 extra million. I don't know if they're counting some other obscure stuff that I don't know about, like for example there's some Mario Party sort of arcade game in Japan.

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2015, 01:26:32 AM »
I somehow thought the number was higher. Oh well still planning on getting 10 its one of the few games I am excited for.
Trying to be a better person, honest.