Author Topic: Splatoon 3, Mario Kart 8 Announce New Paid Expansion Details  (Read 3591 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Splatoon 3, Mario Kart 8 Announce New Paid Expansion Details
« on: February 08, 2023, 01:45:09 PM »

One of these is brand new, while the other's been around for a while.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/62820/splatoon-3-mario-kart-8-announce-new-paid-expansion-details

A couple of Nintendo's biggest sellers have confirmed DLC details today.

Splatoon 3 has announced their plans for paid downloadable content, which will come in the form of an expansion pass scheduled to be available for preorder today. The first part will be available in March and consists of an option to use Inkopolis (Splatoon 1) as a hub, including new shopkeepers and performances by the Squid Sisters during Splatfests. The second pack, "Side Order", is a single player campaign of some description - it has no release window.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe teased a couple of elements for wave 4 of the Booster Course Pass, which is due in spring. A new Yoshi's Island variant will be added in the pack, and Birdo will become playable in Mario Kart for the first time since Double Dash. The wording suggests that further characters will be added through the pass.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: Splatoon 3, Mario Kart 8 Announce New Paid Expansion Details
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2023, 05:07:42 PM »
This should please Mop it up. The multi-colored Birdo's are an interesting touch.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
Re: Splatoon 3, Mario Kart 8 Announce New Paid Expansion Details
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2023, 11:10:55 AM »
For the Splatoon expansion, I am mostly interested in finding out what the "Side Order" part is all about. If I want to go back to Inkopolis, I could just put in Splatoon 2 (or 1 I suppose)