Author Topic: Mighty No. 9 Campaign Continues Through PayPal, Animated Series in the Works  (Read 1130 times)

Offline Daan

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile

Keiji Inafune's quest for the completion of his dream project continues.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/38015/mighty-no-9-campaign-continues-through-paypal-animated-series-in-the-works

The Mighty No. 9 team have begun a new funding campaign through PayPal, Comcept's president Keiji Inafune announced in a video update on Kickstarter.

This secondary campaign is not there to complete Mighty No. 9, the team says. Instead, they have their mind set on getting additional elements added to the title. The first goal is set at 100,000 dollars, which will guarantee English voice acting for the game. They have have additional ideas for goals, but even if the goals aren't meant, you are still guaranteed a copy of the game with all the extras you have chosen.

Additionally, Comcept is working with Digital Frontier who approached them for an animated series. A first teaser has been published and you can find it here below. It shows a CGI Beck playing around with all sorts of weapons and gadgets. The options of this are only being explored at the moment and none of the Kickstarter's money is going to fund the project. Digital Frontier will be seeking investment separately to make this idea come to life.

Mighty No. 9 is currently set at an April 2015 release date and more information will follow in the coming months. Next to the Nintendo 3DS and the Wii U, the game will also be coming to PC (Windows, Mac, Linux), PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PS Vita.

Offline smallsharkbigbite

• Score: -7
    • View Profile
English voice acting - worse reward ever. 

This sucks.  And I say that as someone who will probably buy this game as day 1.

I've grown to terms that kickstarter is a thing (fan funded development).  But two rounds for one game?  Especially when the first round was a complete success passing all stretch goals?  This sucks.  Oh, well they've come up with new ideas to implement, possibly DLC.  It still sucks and you'll never really know what this second round accomplished since they never really lay out the whole game you are funding in the first round. 

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
Well, this is fishier than a barrel of salmon.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
So I can pay more than what the game will launch at to get it maybe... 24 hours early? And Troy Baker costs $100k? REALLY?
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.