Author Topic: What Nintendo franchise do you want most on 3DS?  (Read 18385 times)

Offline Guitar Smasher

• Score: 14
    • View Profile
Re: What Nintendo franchise do you want most on 3DS?
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2011, 02:42:04 PM »
2D Metroid and 2D Zelda.  The GBA had both, the DS had neither.  Which portable do you think I preferred?

Of course with both there are HUGE caveats here.  Metroid has to play like Metroid with non-linear open world gameplay.  I want Metroid for people who like Metroid not closed minded FPS fans or Japanese gamers with poor tastes.  Zelda has to have GOOD CONTROLS.  Use the fucking d-pad and the buttons and keep that stupid stylus out of it.

The problem is I would love to see 2D sprites but that doesn't really lend itself to well to 3D.  So, **** it, make these sprite based WiiWare games instead.
At least with the 3DS, the "nice" screen is the one you can't poke at.  So touchscreen controls wouldn't really make sense.

But it's also a 3D screen, so of course it means the game has to be in 3D (not really, but that will probably be the argument in most cases).

Still, for the 2D Zelda games the camera is overhead so there's actually a lot of perspective that might work on a 3D screen.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2011, 03:21:10 PM »
Use the fucking d-pad and the buttons and keep that stupid stylus out of it.

Be careful what you wish for. Being able to only use the D-Pad is going to make those pixel hunts a bit more difficult and time consuming. ;)
is your sanity...

Offline Tenser

• Score: -6
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2011, 03:32:13 PM »
I'd like to see a new StarTropics.

As for non-Big N franchises a new Crystalis and of course Picross 3D 3D!

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2011, 04:07:55 PM »
Definitely F-Zero. A YuGiOh game where the cart recognizes my real life cards by just showing them to the camera would be pro.

Meteos 3D would be great, they need to fix some things and it would be a great 3D game.
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2011, 05:13:36 PM »
I want more Pikmin and Star Fox in general, whether they be on 3DS or Wii or Wii 2 (or, preferably, all of the above). I'd also like to see a new Custom Robo game. The DS one surprised me with how much I enjoyed it, and to me it's one of the most underrated games on the platform, and would look pretty cool in 3D.

I would LOVE to see a Custom Robo on 3DS. I loved the GameCube version even with the story so long we actually let you save the game in the middle of it incase you got bored feature.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline leroypantweather

• Score: -6
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2011, 01:40:48 AM »
Nintendo franchise: Smash bros, Yoshis Island 3ds,

Non nintendo franchise,  Vanillaware game (Muramasa, Odin Sphere style game ) that would be soooo sexy,,,, persona4portable,  and Klonoa

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2011, 05:21:59 AM »
I remember the Wario Land games were awesome on the Gameboy back in the day. There was even a version of Wario Land for the Virtual Boy, so a 3D Wario game on a portable is actually not without precedent. It should come to the 3DS...
is your sanity...

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2011, 06:15:23 AM »
In my case, one of the games I'm most excited for has already been announced as well:  Mega Man Legends 3.

The others are the usual suspects have already been announced or have already mentioned by others: Paper Mario, Pikimin, Smash Bros, Zelda.
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline Razorkid

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2011, 03:20:29 PM »
Nintendo franchise: Smash bros, Yoshis Island 3ds,

Non nintendo franchise,  Vanillaware game (Muramasa, Odin Sphere style game ) that would be soooo sexy,,,, persona4portable,  and Klonoa

I would have an absolute joy induced aneurysm if Vanillaware re-released Muruamasa and Odin Sphere for the 3DS. 

And I second that they should release a Picross 3DS, but as a downloadable title only.  That game not only begs to be played in 3D, but it's also one of those games that I wished were on my system dash permanently instead of in constant rotation with other cartridge based games in my active play library...
"All the world is blind to my passing..."

Offline TGM

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2011, 07:56:59 PM »

I was going to make a list of every Nintendo franchise not yet represented by a 3DS release, but what I really one is a new F-Zero game. Also, a new Wave Race would be pretty fitting. Both would look awesome in 3D.
I'm hoping to see ports of Wii games, and by that I mean DKCR. A man can dream, right?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 08:27:59 PM by TGM »
The cake has been a lie ever since Super Mario 64.

Offline Razorkid

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2011, 08:21:26 PM »
I'm hoping to see ports of Wii games, and by that I mean DKCR. A man can dream, right?

You, good sir, have spoken truth! 
"All the world is blind to my passing..."

Offline TGM

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2011, 08:54:42 PM »

I must concur with Tenser. StarTropics. For 3DS. I would freak out like I did when I heard about the Cave Story remake.
Also, WayForward making a 2D Metroid game... awesome idea, but it's never going to happen. A Shantae 3DS game, though, would be heaven on a freaking stick. Not a normal stick. A freaking stick.
I'm craving a 3D Child of Eden. Or Rez. Or something similar to those. That would be awesome.
The cake has been a lie ever since Super Mario 64.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2011, 04:59:28 PM »
I'm hoping to see ports of Wii games

If Nintendo has read this, you have now officially ruined the 3DS by turning it into a port machine.  Good job.

Offline RagnaBlade

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2011, 11:07:39 AM »
Well, if they've read this we will also get a new 2D Mdetroid, a new Mother game, a new Pikmin, etc. so I think we are still winners.
Sand will cover this place. Sand will cover you.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2011, 05:03:57 PM »
Nintendo only reads one post per forum per year.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline RagnaBlade

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2011, 01:05:41 PM »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Actually, that could really go either way.
Sand will cover this place. Sand will cover you.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2011, 01:19:21 PM »
Nintendo is releasing a 3D Mario game by the makers of Mario Galaxy for 3DS.

Sounds like a good start.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2011, 10:39:57 AM »
Is Cubivore Nintendo :P

Seriously a redo of the Gamecube F-Zero game be awesome.  My was glitchy and I really like to play through it... and a Noob mode...
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2011, 11:13:51 AM »
I just realized how awesome minish cap would be if it were remade in 3D.  That would bring tears of joy to my eyes.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline fiendcode

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2011, 01:31:50 PM »
Right now, Metroid (NOT Prime), Pikmin and (especially) F-Zero.  All preferably developed inhouse.

F-Zero seems like such a no brainer, I'm sad it's not there at launch.  I'd even take a N64 remake at this point.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2011, 09:11:34 PM »
of course Picross 3D 3D!

I don't see how that could work--the top screen is 3D and the bottom screen it the touch screen.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Nemo

• View Profile
    • Game Sprite Archives
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2011, 10:09:17 PM »
Rogue Squadron.
-the Game Sprite Archives-
http://www.gsarchives.net

Offline ymeegod

• Score: -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2011, 12:03:26 AM »
Wouldn't mind seeing a sequel to RS, though I hope they take events from after the movies.  If you read any of the novels you'll know what I mean.

I want all the sequels that made the orginal GBA great.  More Advance Wars, Fire Emblem, and damnit Final Fantasy Tatics.  Or course I'm dying for a Mario and Luigi sequel.  The last one Bowser's Inside Story was epic, puts Paper Mario to shame.

Offline alegoicoe

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2011, 02:18:38 PM »
i will like to see an spinoff of the metroid prime series using the 3d elements
Nintendo Network ID: LivByDCreed
Switch Friend Code: SW-4906-9561-1308

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2011, 02:31:50 PM »
Like many of you I would like to see a Smash Bros on the DS, I think its going to happen sooner or later! Maybe this time we will see an actual Capcom character in it.

http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=15227
He has also recently spoken to Official Nintendo Magazine about what Capcom characters he would like to see in the Smash Bros. series. He claimed that he'd like to see M. Bison in the franchise "because I would like that mega villain to fall upon those Nintendo characters and cause complete chaos. That would be fun."

Additionally he would like to see Capcom's Mega Man in the series. Mr. Ono claims: "Mega Man really fits in that whole world. He has a high affinity with the Smash Bros. world."
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn