Author Topic: Official Club Nintendo Thread  (Read 500487 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Re: Official Club Nintendo Thread
« Reply #975 on: April 05, 2011, 08:55:38 AM »
How about they send the care package to members who have not registered the game being sent out? Who wants a duplicate game?

Hi, I'm UncleBob - I'm guessing we haven't met. :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: April 05, 2011, 11:36:45 AM »
I'll take a duplicate game, especially if it comes with an extra M+Controller and other useful goodies.

I have Wii's in 2 different locations and it would be nice to not have to borrow games from my Mom (that I bought for her) to use at my place or to give to friends with Wiis that don't have many games.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: April 05, 2011, 11:49:12 AM »
How do I determine how many of my coins are going to expire on June 30?

From the FAQ on Club Nintendo:

Why are my Coins listed with an expiration date?

Unredeemed Coins will expire two (2) full Club Nintendo years (July 1 - June 30), plus whatever is left in the current Club Nintendo year, after they are earned. Example: Coins earned in March 2009 would not expire until June 30, 2011.

I currently have 1,770 coins in my account.  I don't see an expiration for any of them, but presumably at least 600 of them should expire at the end of the Club year because I've achieved Platinum status every year.  I guess I'm going to have to redeem some of them but I don't know how many.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #978 on: April 05, 2011, 12:23:00 PM »
I need 80 coins to reach Elite for the 3rd year in a row.

I have 4 Post-Play surveys to complete. How much is a post play survey worth?
It's not telling me on the site.

I also have a 3rd Wii I still need to register, how much is that worth?

I'm trying to do an exact coin amount to reach Elite and save the rest for after the reset.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 12:25:47 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #979 on: April 05, 2011, 04:30:10 PM »
Post play surveys are 10 pts each, and hardware is 160 pts.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: April 05, 2011, 08:20:49 PM »
3DS Post Plays are worth 20 Coins - all others are worth 10.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: April 05, 2011, 08:44:00 PM »
I'll take a duplicate game, especially if it comes with an extra M+Controller and other useful goodies.

I have Wii's in 2 different locations and it would be nice to not have to borrow games from my Mom (that I bought for her) to use at my place or to give to friends with Wiis that don't have many games.

You've got Wii's in different area codes? ;)
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: April 05, 2011, 09:25:22 PM »
How do I determine how many of my coins are going to expire on June 30?
As far as I can gather, there is no listed expiration date as the question would have you believe. The only way to know is to look at your history and check how many coins you earned before July 1st, 2009; all of those will expire this year on July 1st.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: April 05, 2011, 09:27:39 PM »
I'm hoping that we get an email notification a month before then letting us know they will expire. That would be pretty low to just wipe them away with no notice.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: April 08, 2011, 02:10:11 PM »
Club Nintendo just changed the page layout to tell you how many coins you have that will expire on June 30.

I've got 610 that are about to go the way of the dodo.  The question becomes, do I redeem for something now or hold out for a couple months to see if something new comes along?  The longer I wait the more I risk anything remotely interesting running out of stock.  Problem is, there's hardly anything available that's remotely interesting.  :(
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #985 on: April 08, 2011, 02:12:13 PM »
Meanwhile, Club Nintendo Australia gets SNES-Wii controllers.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #986 on: April 08, 2011, 02:42:47 PM »
Club Nintendo just changed the page layout to tell you how many coins you have that will expire on June 30.

Where does it tell you?

I don't know if I just don't have any that is about to expire or if I just haven't run across the right page yet.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: April 08, 2011, 02:47:34 PM »

Where does it tell you?

I don't know if I just don't have any that is about to expire or if I just haven't run across the right page yet.

When you log in, it's displayed right underneath your total coins readout on the left side of the screen if you have any coins set to expire.  I have 440 coins expiring myself that I need to deal with before June 30th.  Hopefully, Club Nintendo gets more stuff worth picking up before then.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: April 08, 2011, 03:03:04 PM »
Went over to see if what they say in the Club Nintendo stuff after recieving an e-Mail saying I can transfer my My Nintendo things and to find out they had deleted the account... Worse Loyalty Program ever...
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: April 08, 2011, 08:10:58 PM »
Anyone who needs to spend some coins, let me know. :D

I'll definitely keep you in mind.  There's some stuff I could get, but really there's nothing on Club Nintendo so far that I feel is really worth the coins I'd have to spend.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #990 on: April 09, 2011, 04:54:23 PM »
Went over to see if what they say in the Club Nintendo stuff after receiving an e-Mail saying I can transfer my My Nintendo things and to find out they had deleted the account... Worse Loyalty Program ever...
I'm pretty sure they gave a substantial amount of time for people to transfer their old accounts over to Club Nintendo. At least Club Nintendo doesn't require you to log into your account every now and then to keep it active; MyCokeRewards will delete all your points if you don't log in every three months.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: April 09, 2011, 05:00:10 PM »
Went over to see if what they say in the Club Nintendo stuff after recieving an e-Mail saying I can transfer my My Nintendo things and to find out they had deleted the account... Worse Loyalty Program ever...

Call 'em.  I know of someone rather recently who ran into the same issue and they were able to get their old account reactivated with a phone call.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: April 09, 2011, 10:03:23 PM »
Anyone who needs to spend some coins, let me know. :D

I'll definitely keep you in mind.  There's some stuff I could get, but really there's nothing on Club Nintendo so far that I feel is really worth the coins I'd have to spend.

Since my original post was moved... I'll repeat - if anyone needs help spending some coins, let me know. :D

I looked on eBay - I'm willing to send a 2,000 points code (or PayPal $20) to anyone who wants to get me a copy of the US versions of Game and Watch 1/2 (each, of course)...

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: April 10, 2011, 09:53:44 PM »
Methinks that's a pretty poor exchange rate you got there, pal.

The Game & Watch DS games cost 800 points which is the same as the Hanafuda cards.  This open pack of Club Nintendo Hanafuda cards just went for $41.00 on eBay.

For what it's worth, the same seller also sold his 2010 Club Nintendo Platinum prize (the statue) for $37.54.  I still got mine in the coin box (both mint).  Now I'm considering selling it since I have little use for it.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: April 10, 2011, 10:11:53 PM »
Perhaps, but looking at the Game & Watch collections, they seem to go for much less...

$5.99

Unsold at $9.99

$9.51

Unsold at $12

Unsold at $14.99

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: April 10, 2011, 10:17:46 PM »
Then why don't you just buy one off of eBay?

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: April 10, 2011, 10:46:21 PM »
I could... and one of these days I probably will.  Just throwing the option out there...

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #997 on: April 10, 2011, 10:53:54 PM »

Then why don't you just buy one off of eBay?

because he's trying to help fellow NWRers to spend points they may lose on stuff they won't want in return for "cash" to spend on stuff they do want.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #998 on: April 12, 2011, 10:40:52 PM »
What's with this "Product Registration" tag by my surveys for Metroid Other M and Pokemon White? I clearly registered these goddamn games.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: April 12, 2011, 11:05:08 PM »
Register them again and see if you can get more coins.