Author Topic: Nintendo Increasing Estimates of Amiibo Demand  (Read 1272 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Nintendo Increasing Estimates of Amiibo Demand
« on: June 21, 2015, 11:09:00 AM »

A million Amiibo on May 29 and about a dozen of them were Fire Emblem.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/40577/nintendo-increasing-estimates-of-amiibo-demand

Nintendo is rapidly increasing their internal demand figures of Amiibo after huge recent sales and continued gray market demand.

In an interview with CNET at E3, Reggie Fils-Amie stated "We're at a point where we have to take our volume estimates and double them or triple them based on the levels of demand we're seeing". Reggie also confirmed that a million of the Amiibo announced in April were sold in 30 days in the US, which would cover Smash Brothers wave 4, the silver Mario and the Splatoon series.

Word of an Amiibo reprint leaked out just before E3, which will include restocks of some of the rare Amiibo from the Smash Bros wave.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Increasing Estimates Of Amiibo Demand
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 06:58:34 PM »
Unfortunately that means we'll get Double and Triple the number of Mario and Pikachu.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 08:48:13 PM »
**** Amiibo.
NNID: ejamer

Offline Oedo

• This title is an insult!
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2015, 10:38:26 PM »
Doubling or tripling their estimates in general is nice, but I also hope they're looking at it on a case by case basis too. A lot of the craze (maybe even most of it) over the FE amiibo is definitely fueled by the fact they're so hard to get, but they underestimated demand for those to the point where two times or three times the stock would only make a negligible difference. The TRU I went to for wave four had 100 Greninja (better than Lucario, so at least that's something), enough Charizard that I was 50-60th in line and got him... and literally two Lucina/Robin. That's somewhat misleading since Greninja was a TRU exclusive and Lucina/Robin were spread out over all the retailers, but the story's still the same; unless you were one of the handful in line first, there's no way you were getting either one at any retailer

Also, the TRU restock in Canada has been laughable. They happened out West first and by the time they hit the East two days later, everybody knew what was up. You either camped the store all day until they opened the boxes and instantly cleaned them out of all the unicorns, or you got nothing.

Offline Triforce Hermit

• This title doesn't make sense.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2015, 06:46:14 AM »
Reggie: "We are going to triple production on everything, but the FE amiibo. We are not going to increase production on the upcoming waves."
Sometimes, you just want to play a video game.
NNiD: Triforcehermit09

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2015, 06:47:32 AM »
**** Amiibo.
At least buy it dinner first.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2015, 08:39:54 AM »
**** Amiibo.
At least buy it dinner first.

Put none-too-gently, she's not that kind of gal.
NNID: ejamer