Author Topic: Episode 280: Metroid and Metroid Zero Mission  (Read 2390 times)

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
Episode 280: Metroid and Metroid Zero Mission
« on: July 09, 2021, 06:08:55 AM »

Gather around as we discuss the zero mission of one Samus Aran with experts, newcomers, and speedrunners.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/connectivity/57777/episode-280-metroid-and-metroid-zero-mission

We kick off our Metroid Saga Game Club with a long discussion about Metroid and Metroid: Zero Mission. We dip into our personal history with the NES original and the GBA remake, as well as our modern experiences, Samus' story, and the series speedrunning legacy.

The crew is vast and maybe each one represents an area of Zebes. We'll leave that determination to the viewer (is Matt a real Norfair son of a gun?), but all manner of Connectivity legacy is represented alongside John and Neal. We've got original co-host Andy Goergen with his NES adoration, Blue Coin Cast co-host Xander Morningstar with his fresh-faced feelings, and Smashterpieces co-host and recurring guest Matt Zawodniak and his increasingly short Zero Mission replays.

Enjoy and be sure to join the Metroid Saga Game Club discussion in our Discord. We will have a regular episode next week, but our next Metroid episode will be in August about Metroid II and Metroid: Samus Returns.

Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline PogueSquadron

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 280: Metroid and Metroid Zero Mission
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2021, 07:51:27 PM »
I love Zero Mission for what it is, which for me is a fairly linear Metroid adventure. I just don't have any interest in learning Samus' advanced moveset, and I don't think the game is very encouraging of 100%'ing the game before you fight the final boss. After the credits, I'm never interested in going back through Zebes to collect the other 40% of the game's collectibles. I always wished that more of the game's collectibles could be collected along the way. The just feel kind of designed to be collected after you power up Samus completely.