Author Topic: ASH Rated by ESRB  (Read 8569 times)

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
Re: ASH Rated by ESRB
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2010, 09:00:52 PM »
Would it be for Nintendo to localize this game and release it as a wiiware title? If they are nervous about selling it as a stand alone title, why don't they just make into a wiiware game? There is less financial risk because they do not have to manufacture game cartridges and deal with retailers. Charge 1500 wii points for the game. 
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2010, 09:05:10 PM »
Then they'd have to port the game to Wii in addition to localizing it, and they'd be selling to a much smaller market. It'd be a bigger risk than just bringing the DS game over.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2010, 04:29:35 AM »
Maybe DSiWare? It's probably too big for that but I could see smaller titles come out on the Shop service.

Anyway, can we let this thread die now?  Being reminded of yet another promising DS game that never left Japan is just depressing.

Any date for Ash?  Might look into it.

Bringing sorrow to Nintendo gamers, one necro-thread-bump at a time.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2010, 04:47:57 AM »
Maybe DSiWare? It's probably too big for that but I could see smaller titles come out on the Shop service.

If I remember correctly, this game was notable for using a 256 MB card, the largest at the time, which you'll note is the same size as the entire internal storage of the DSi.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2010, 10:51:42 AM »
And is also six times the max size for WiiWare games (the WiiWare cap is 40MB).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2010, 11:03:58 AM »
I find that so ridiculous that Nintendo won't raise the cap for WiiWare games.  So much more could be created (innovatively speaking) that I find it crazy that Nintendo would restrain devs from ideas.  Especially when Nintendo is so new idea centric to begin with.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2010, 06:19:03 PM »
I'm fairly certain the cap is due to technical limitations, and not just some arbitrary number.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2010, 06:35:57 PM »
I'm fairly certain the cap is due to technical limitations, and not just some arbitrary number.

With SD Card support, those technical limitations are much less, though.  Sure, we still have a maximum possible space of 512 MB, but with the ability to store those files on an SD Card (until needed) we could at least see a cap size increase to 100-200 MB.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2010, 06:44:58 PM »
Well, half that internal space is reserved for system updates and the message board, so there's actually 256MB of available space for games and saves. Plus, VC and WiiWare games are loaded into the system's RAM when played, so the absolute max would be 88MB, I believe. Though I think I heard that half that space is used for... something... so that's where 40MB comes from.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2010, 06:49:30 PM »
This could be solved if Nintendo would let people play games right from the SD cards (right now you still need the space on your Wii system so it can create a temporary file on your system).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20