Community Forums > Movies & TV

Rate the last movie you've seen

<< < (963/1309) > >>

Fatty The Hutt:

--- Quote from: azeke on July 18, 2014, 06:01:07 AM ---Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

7/10

Solid movie. Not as good as first one. Rise was instant classic, and easily the best film in entire series.

Ah well. Caesar was badass, what else do you need?

It's a pity there weren't more scenes with Maurice, he is my favourite character.

--- End quote ---
I agree of all of this. Especially Maurice. He's the best.
The film could have been 10 to 15 minutes shorter. They. .. Really. ... Dragged ... Out ... A ... Lot ... Of ... Scenes ......

Shaymin:
Sharknado 2: The Second One
Two impaled Rob Fords out of five.

BranDonk Kong:
Sharknado 2 was definitely better than the first, but they tried a little too hard with the whole "we know it's a joke" theme. Still, pretty funny to see Matt Lauer and Al Roker throughout, especially at the end.

BlackNMild2k1:
Day at the Movies August

Guardians of the Galaxy - Good movie. Lots of fun, very funny and some decent action. I would like to see more from the main villains here, but there always the sequel (July 28, 2017) ;)

Hercules - surprisingly better than I thought. I had not seen a single preview going in, but they play on the Man vs the Legend and the power of storytelling.
Really good action this.

Lucy - honestly, I feel asleep briefly during this one. Not because it was bad, but because I just ate and got too comfortable.
It was interesting and lots of visuals like Cosmos on crack, but I will have to wait for the DVD to see the whole thing.

azeke:
Raid 2:

Underwhelming, didn't live up to expectations of the original. First one was much better, less talking stuff, more stabbing, kicking and punching.

The story of of the first move was super simple, raw, basic and great for it -- you have a building full of mooks, now GO!.. There is a reason why this template gets copied so much by Hollywood.

They did a great job establishing badass "mini-bosses" so that it would be so much more satisfying seeing them getting their asses kicked by main character.

Second one got too bogged down by "undercover cop" plot and spending time on establishing characters that they could instead spend by showing more fights.

There were still a few cool mini-bosses like hammer girl, bat dude and the dude in the kitchen. All had a solid fights.

But it's no comparison to the first one where fights like that were going on constantly.

Amazing Spider-man 2
Surprised that they DID do what they had to do. A little bit better than first movie. Okay fights. Electro plotline was stupid. Harry plotline was surprisingly good.

Overall: eh/10

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version