Author Topic: Episode 42 - NEW 3DS GETTO  (Read 4234 times)

Offline famicomplicated

• The OG Japan Correspondent
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Episode 42 - NEW 3DS GETTO
« on: October 17, 2014, 05:46:00 PM »

One man will triumph, the other will fail. Please understand.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/famicast/38769/episode-42-new-3ds-getto

It's the middle of the month, that means it's time to get LIVE with the Famicast! JC and Danny share their stories about the New 3DS launch day. One is a story of glory and happiness, the other…not so much. Listen in to find out who won the day!The new model is discussed in detail - how it looks, how it feels, how games play, the differences in performance. You name it! The conclusion is that the New Nintendo 3DS will be the best one to play Smash Bros on. You'll see.News covers the (in)famous J-pop "idol" called Kyary Pamyu Pamyu, and her attempts to sell the New 3DS (and its faceplates) to the Japanese public. Did it work? Other bits include; Monster Hunter 4G costumes, Amiibos and Smash sales.

We got a ton of Life in Japan questions from some super excellent listeners, most of which will be answered in episodes to come. For now, in this episode we tackled a couple of easy questions about the cost of living in Japan. Hopefully people interested in visiting or living in Japan will find it useful and/or interesting! How much does a watermelon cost anyway?

Did you know the raw video stream of this episode has been available since the beginning of the week on our new stand-alone YouTube channel (which you can see below)? Please consider subscribing if you want to listen/watch the show before the audio version appears on iTunes. If you prefer things edited down with musical interludes and chapters, then of course just stick to the regular podcast feed!Enough about that though, it's time to grab your pinstripe top hat and Dad Bowser glasses, and get ready for another Famicast!

I am your (Fami)father.
Follow me on Twitter for some #hypertrollGET fun.
Troll with love, not hate.

Offline famicomplicated

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Famicast 42 - NEW 3DS GETTO
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 12:59:06 AM »
This is not an official NWR product, but here is my troll video from TGS that I mention on the show: hypertrollGET!

Also be sure to drop some more topic ideas and questions by our special Famicrew thread. Thank you please!
I am your (Fami)father.

Offline chilenozo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 10:53:01 AM »
Great show guys. Lots of useful info. I am interested to buy the small New 3DS, cause I'm all about portability, and every news I hear makes me want it now, here in Canada, even more!

I like the youtube option of the podcast. I hope you can keep it, as long as it's not that much work for you guys!

I would appreciate that, either here at NWR or in the youtube (or both) you can name the songs used during some part of the podcast!.

Looking forward to hear from you soon again!

Offline chilenozo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 10:59:45 AM »
Also. In this podcast, James voice was significantly dimmer than Danny's. I had my laptop's volume maxed out and any typical noise in my house would have prevented me to hear what JC was saying, and I imagine if I used headphones or plugged speakers once I could hear JC, Danny's voice would have been even louder!. Is here a way to fix that for future podcast?

Offline famicomplicated

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2014, 10:35:50 PM »
Also. In this podcast, James voice was significantly dimmer than Danny's

Yeah sorry about that, I was actually on an iPod Touch at the time, and sitting too far away, plus I'm much quieter than Danny "boombox" Bivens! #pleaseunderstand

I will make sure the same thing doesn't happen next time!

Great show guys. Lots of useful info. I am interested to buy the small New 3DS, cause I'm all about portability, and every news I hear makes me want it now, here in Canada, even more!I like the youtube option of the podcast. I hope you can keep it, as long as it's not that much work for you guys!I would appreciate that, either here at NWR or in the youtube (or both) you can name the songs used during some part of the podcast!.Looking forward to hear from you soon again!

Thanks for the comment! Yeah, we intend for this to become a regular thing, please swing by the NWR Japan crew thread for full details!

As for the music, seeing as DANNY edited the show HE will be adding the song name VERY SOON, RIGHT DANNY?
I am your (Fami)father.

Offline the_dan_x

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • Next Door Gamer
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2014, 04:35:18 AM »
Uhhhhhhh....We can just pretend I didn't post the tracks here yet to keep you in suspense (?). At any rate, here are the songs that I used in between segments for the episode!

1 - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: The Manhattan Project (NES) - Boss Battle 1
2 - Zelda: Twilight Princess Boss Room - Calm Hip Hop Sample (Young Choppa, on youtube here)
3 - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (NES) - Straight Cover (on YouTube here)

Danny Bivens
Japan Correspondent
Nintendo World Report

Offline chilenozo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2014, 05:00:24 PM »
Thanks ppl....keep up the good work!