Author Topic: Zero Escape 3 Development stalled!!!!  (Read 2949 times)

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
Re: Zero Escape 3 Development stalled!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 12:08:14 AM »
It wasn't stalled. It never started. It was never greenlit. There's no point in starting another operation rainfall when the company bases sequel potential on sales. It obviously didn't do as good as they had hoped.

A few vocal fans isn't enough to convince a company to make a game that has been proven, twice in a row, to sell horribly.

Offline geckog7

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 12:25:27 AM »
999 and VLR had some mind blowing story twists. I hope the sequel gets made some how........

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 01:43:13 AM »
999 and VLR had some mind blowing story twists. I hope the sequel gets made some how........

Nintendo could offer to publish/finance the game as a Wii U title since it needs all the games it can get at this point.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline leahsdad

• This title stolen by Rhythm Thief
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2014, 01:55:23 AM »

Nintendo could offer to publish/finance the game as a Wii U title since it needs all the games it can get at this point.

As much as I love visual novel games in general, I cannot imagine playing this on my home console, despite the fact that  yes, I know, there are such games for home consoles, esp. PS3. 

And a 3rd 999 game would  help Nintendo sell Wii U's as much as Bayonetta 2 will.   As in, not really.
[Showing off game collection]

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2014, 09:53:13 AM »
And a 3rd 999 game would  help Nintendo sell Wii U's as much as Bayonetta 2 will.   As in, not really.

Sure... but it would make me feel better about owning a Wii U.   ;)

Totally hope this gets made, especially after the second game improved gameplay a great deal by introducing the timeline feature to make skipping around/replaying much easier.
NNID: ejamer

Offline WackerJr

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2014, 06:55:03 AM »
I absolutely loved the story and the adult themes of 999 and Virtue's Last Reward. I really hope a publisher sees this and backs the development team to make a 3rd title in the series.  I don't know the sales figures outside of Japan, but hopefully they're enough to justify another game.