Gaming Forums > Nintendo Gaming

La Mulana -- no, i am not stuck!

<< < (2/3) > >>

azeke:
So it happened.

Last time when i saved i looked at a playtime counter and realized i wasted two hours going in circles since last save and didn't advance at all.

I'm officially stuck.

Possible points where i can progress:

Twin Labyrinths:
"Unsolvable" puzzle (what's with those stands with celestial bodies on them? i change from moon to stars to sun but it changes nothing)
Time stopping bird mini-boss (but i don't hope on it opening anything significant, hmmmmm, or maybe it opens up the area on the top of the unsolvable puzzle? hmmm)
Can't figure out which tablet i need to read to remove poisonous fog

Dark area:
Well it's dark, i roamed a bit in it and grinded some gold a few times with my own flares and one time with a flare launching fairy. Maybe i should venture into it properly.

Also that sphinx in Sun Temple is annoying me. I have no idea how to remove it.

I am mostly going for the bird in twin labyrinth and losing to it constantly. I feel i can eventually finish it off with flares while running left and right on the bottom floor, but time-stopping wave makes dodging feather impossible and after five or some minutes i usually die. It's also annoying that i can't teleport to twin labyrinths directly and have to get to it all the way through Lava Inferno level -- takes a lot of time.

Pixelated Pixies:

--- Quote from: azeke on January 07, 2013, 03:27:14 AM ---I am mostly going for the bird in twin labyrinth and losing to it constantly. I feel i can eventually finish it off with flares while running left and right on the bottom floor, but time-stopping wave makes dodging feather impossible and after five or some minutes i usually die. It's also annoying that i can't teleport to twin labyrinths directly and have to get to it all the way through Lava Inferno level -- takes a lot of time.

--- End quote ---

That's pretty much where I was the last time I picked this up. That bird kept killing me and I eventually got frustrated having to climb my way back there and just gave up, lol.

azeke:
After a moment of weakness that i overcame by venting here ;p, i gave up on a bird and decided to explore dark level a bit.  And hurray! I found

--- Quote from: ejamer on January 03, 2013, 12:56:43 PM ---bronze mirror.

--- End quote ---
This just blew my mind. Wow, just wow.

This game just gets better and better and better still.

ejamer:

--- Quote from: azeke on January 07, 2013, 12:31:50 PM ---After a moment of weakness that i overcame by venting here ;p, i gave up on a bird and decided to explore dark level a bit.  And hurray! I found

--- Quote from: ejamer on January 03, 2013, 12:56:43 PM ---bronze mirror.

--- End quote ---
This just blew my mind. Wow, just wow.

This game just gets better and better and better still.

--- End quote ---

No kidding!  There is a very direct hint about this provided early on in the water level, so I knew where to look when I got stuck and frustrated about lack of progression... but I had no idea how big its effect would. Will be jumping back into the game in a week or so and imagine that I won't be lacking areas to explore for a little while.

Really need to go clean up some stuff before moving on though. I know there are a few small details I've missed since restarting, I haven't bothered to go back in and actually fight some of the bosses a second time, and I never did sit down and figure out how to get help from the fairies (although think I've got the key tablet info recorded and just need to put the pieces together).

azeke:
I just had a pants shitting moment in the game. Paradise.

Daaamn.

* goes to clean myself

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version