Author Topic: Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone and Crosswords Plus Now Available  (Read 3216 times)

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns

Buy either over eShop to get a special Club Nintendo game.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/31938

Budding artists can now download Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone! straight from the eShop for $29.99. The game features a wealth of art lessons and tools, and allows you to share your creations and personalized art lessons with friends. 

In addition, Crosswords Plus was posted soon after at an identical price of $29.99. You can check out a preview of the game by Neal Ronaghan right here.

Those who purchase either title over eShop before January 6, 2013 will receive a Club Nintendo code for Donkey Kong: Original Edition, a special version of Donkey Kong featuring content never seen in North America.

This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Re: Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone and Crosswords Plus Now Available
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 08:29:23 AM »
So... is the code for a Wii VC download or a 3DS Download?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 09:04:27 AM »
Good question UB. Also, if I'm spending 30 bucks just to get DK, which game will I like better?
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 09:05:47 AM »
I was planning on getting CrossworDS Plus myself anyway.  I have the original and spent a lot of time with it.

Of course, I wasn't *planning* on taking part in Nintendo's evil digital schemes....
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Online NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2012, 09:52:17 AM »
I was also already planning on getting CrossworDS on the eShop, and this only solidifies my decision.

EDIT: Just bought it. It's apparently only 128 blocks in size, which for reference is one less than Shantae: Risky's Revenge on DSiWare.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 09:55:39 AM by NWR_insanolord »
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 10:22:02 AM »
I'm glad these games are cheaper in price, however I'm not that into either one. I have art academy dsiware and that's fine I don't want to upgrade to this . I'm sort of interested in donkey kong arcade but it seems so random to include this promotion with these games. I would love for dk arcade edition to have online leader boards but that won't happen :( , having updated graphics and music would be awesome sort of like Pacman championship edition or space invaders extreme but again Nintendo is not smart enough to put the extra effort

Offline Art_de_Cat

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
    • Art_de_Cat's Deviant Art page
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012, 10:30:25 AM »
What additional content would we get for DK? The pie factory level? Already seen that!. :P   Though a free* game is still a free game........hmm 30 bucks?? I might could pull that off before deadline.
They say that there is no medicine that can cure a fool......
I guess that's true.....

Offline vids

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2012, 11:08:17 AM »
At the end of the day I have to ask myself what do these games offer over their predecessors that warrants a price tag of $30. I can see if there was some online multiplayer game or street pass asynchronous gaming for Crosswords Plus OR deep integration with Art Academy & SwapNote (make new stationary?) then I might be interested. As it stands I'd feel like I'm purchasing a $10 - 15 eShop game and $15 - 20 copy of Donkey Kong.

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2012, 11:42:32 AM »
Keep in mind that while Art Academy and Crosswords on DS were $20 games, that the usual price of DS games was $30. The $30 pricing of these games is in line with that, considering the usual price of a 3DS game is $40.

That being said, I still think $20 would be way better for these two games than $30.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2012, 08:47:21 PM »
As it stands I'd feel like I'm purchasing a [...] $15 - 20 copy of Donkey Kong.

Sounds like a great deal to me. :D

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2012, 09:49:27 AM »
I want the special version of Donkey Kong... but not enough to overpay for games that I only "kinda, sorta" want in a digital format where they can't be loaned/traded/sold later. Sadly, if they were  just $5 or $10 cheaper I'd probably give either game a look. (Part of the problem is that I can still easily get the DS versions for less than $10 in both cases. I know the 3DS games are improved... but exactly how much better are they?)

I know people like  convenience, but I still can't find value in the digital push Nintendo is making. Their insistence in adding bonus items to increase value instead of just lowering prices for digital releases is also  disappointing.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 09:55:40 AM by ejamer »
NNID: ejamer