Author Topic: So my girl is on the phone with Citibank right now......  (Read 6258 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
So my girl is on the phone with Citibank right now......
« on: January 22, 2011, 02:38:45 AM »
where they have repeatedly admitted to STEALING HER MONEY.

She called because they have been charging her for her checking/savings account when they weren't supposed to be.
When asked if they were gonna refund the mis-charges, he kept saying that he would bring the account back into the positive (it over drafted) but wouldn't tell us if he was giving a full refund or not.

Then I made him tell me how much was charged when it wasn't supposed to be and he admitted to over 4 charges of $20-$35 each but he would only refund the last 2.
After he admitted to wrongly charging the account and only wanting to refund part of it, we told him that that was stealing from a customer and he admitted that he was stealing and that he was sorry about it. I let him know that he just admitted to stealing from a customer and he said "Yes, I know, and I'm sorry".

WTF is going on here. So I tell guilty thief to please put his manager on the phone so that this situation can be resolved quicker without wasting anymore of anyone's time.
After a 5 minute hold, he comes back to the phone and uses the excuse that he can't get his manager on the phone right now, but to call back in 20 minutes because the systems went down. As far as I know, that is code word for "I can't handle this situation, so please hang-up, call back and get a different customer service rep to take your call". After refusing to hang up and let him off the hook (the phone call is being recorded) we tell him to call us back since he is familiar with the situation, but he tells us that that is against policy.  My girl calls his bullshit because they have called her back before when there is an issue that needs to be resolves, and the Cust. Serv. Rep starts to studder "uhh, yeah, well, umm, yeah well, that can happen, but umm, I think that's only the Customer Service Department"
-*Someone please remind me what department we were talking to again?*-
"Isn't this the Customer Service Dept. that I'm talking to right now!?" my girl snaps back at him
"Yeah, but we uhhh, we only handle inbound....."

So I bring up how he admitted to STEALING HER MONEY again , to which he once again politely apologized for, and requested once again that he put a manager on the phone. Where he once again tries to get us to call back in 10-20 minutes, to which we once again refused to do.

Soooooo we agree to hold until the systems are back up. 3-4 minutes later a supervisor comes back onto the phone and the circle of bullshit continues.

She absolutely ZERO help and tries her damndest to get us off the phone so that she can go home (her shift ends in 10 minutes) but we insist on holding for the next rep.
She keeps slinging the bullshit all around hoping to get us to hang up and call back in 20-30 minutes and even after we refused to hang up and instead would wait for a shift change, she transfers the call in mid sentence essentially hanging up on us and putting us to the incoming Supervisors voicemail.

The Customer Service Rep admitted to STEALING HER MONEY AND REFUSING TO REFUND MOST OF IT.
is there some legal action that can be taken here? WTF is up with Citibank? I want to get someone fired.

I'm glad I don't have these issues with my bank.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 02:44:09 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
Re: So my girl is on the phone with Citibank right now......
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 09:27:55 AM »
Don't keep your money in banks? They're all scams.
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 09:45:55 AM »
consumerist.com
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 12:38:20 PM »
I really thought this was going to be one of those mod-created threads like we were doing to ShyGuy last week.  I'm a bit disappointed.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 01:08:53 PM »
Here's an update for anyone that was paying attention.

She called back and explained her situation, after being on hold for 2 minutes, they hung up. She called back, got a different lady, politely asked to speak to her manager, she hung up almost immediately. She called back and the automated service continually repeated itself instead of connecting her to a Cust. Serv. Rep.. Now it appears they were blocking her call from getting through.

So I call back from my phone. Get the same CSR as last time, as soon as she figured out why I was calling, she hung up. So I call back again and get a different CSR. She tried to tell us that her account needed a $6000 balance to not receive a service fee. Are you shitting me? Why would someone who has never maintained an average balance of $6000 sign up for such an account. That makes no sense & directly conflict with what the person who signed her up for the account told her. She told us to just go in the branch and get it resolved because she needs to check two forms of ID to solve the issue and she couldn't do that over the phone(I wasn't aware that we were trying to make a million dollar transfer or something).
She also asked me if I was trying to help my girl or just argue the point that they were stealing her money. But that was after she refused to speak to me even after receiving permission from my girl to talk about her account with me.... twice. I was so close to losing it, but maintained a firm but assertive tone that didn't involve swearing or yelling.

I called their Executive Customer Service Line, left a message, and now we are going into the branch at some point today to get this taken care of.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 01:52:01 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 01:25:48 PM »
Wow, I hope that things go well at the bank.  I've never seen such a colossal failure of customer service (and believe me, back in the day my mother was always on the phone with CS reps for some reason or another, so I've seen my share).   :@
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 02:27:02 PM »
I think you can try the Better Business Bureau. They might do something to help you.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2011, 06:37:57 PM »
Update: issue resolved with even more money back than we were expecting.

Executive Customer Service in New York called back. Said they heard the the recorded conversation and sincerely apologize for the way the situation was handled and refunded all charges to her account associated with that mistake.

I had only looked over her recent transaction history so I had only calculated based on that. They refunded her almost double that. Everyone is happy. No further action is needed at this point. I just hope that manager and the CSR that kept hanging up get on me at least get some further attention from the higher ups.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2011, 08:25:18 PM »
I really thought this was going to be one of those mod-created threads like we were doing to ShyGuy last week.  I'm a bit disappointed.

SO YOU ADMIT YOUR GUILT

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2011, 08:51:45 PM »
Glad to hear it worked out, and you got a little extra for your trouble.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2011, 07:46:15 AM »
You gotta do these in person, at the branch. **** negotiating over the phone.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2011, 11:04:28 AM »
SO YOU ADMIT YOUR GUILT

I admit to playing a part.  But I did not act alone and I learned by example.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2011, 01:55:28 PM »
bank shut down my checking account for lack of $$  :moonface: and they say they can't reopen the number
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2011, 02:21:25 PM »
Bank: Mr. Zap, this is gonna hurt us more than it is gonna hurt you, but I think we need to talk.

Zap: ....

Bank: Mr. Zap, we are in the business of investing your money to make us more money, and since you don't have any money, we can no longer do business with you.

Zap: But I've been with you guys for over 15 years!! You can't do thi....

Bank: Shhhhh. I'm sorry, but it has to be this way. ::click::

Zap: moonface.jpg

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2011, 12:07:40 AM »
Don't keep your money in banks? They're all scams.

row row fight the power

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2011, 08:47:41 AM »
Lets pour some fuel on the fire.

This problem is clearly an American issue, not one of banking.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2013, 01:09:17 AM »
Why is my bank "delaying the availability of the funds" of my paycheck that I just cashed because their "risk models indicate that the following check(s) may be returned unpaid"?

They're delaying it until my bday for some reason. WTF?
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2013, 01:47:53 AM »
Does your job have a history of bouncing checks?

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2013, 01:49:49 AM »
Checks take time to clear. Don't sweat it unless it takes a really long time. Then burn that mother down.

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2013, 02:16:30 PM »
Ugh, whatever happened to instant gratification? All my previous ones went through right away.

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2013, 02:28:29 PM »
I use Chase Bank, and I've never seen this problem before.

You should switch to a credit union.
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2013, 06:43:31 PM »
Not to Chase though.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2013, 09:02:18 PM »
I've seen this thread title in the past but never read through it, I'm so sorry you and your girl had to deal with that bullshit, BnM. The whole time I was reading it I felt my blood boil because I've been in shitty customer service situations; on both sides - and mind you when I was the CSR I would NEVER have handled it the way these people did. I've had some "oh **** I fucked up" moments too but I'd never just hang up on someone or try to stall THAT badly, and to lie to you after admitting they were wrong.. ugh it pisses me off.

It's stories like this that make me angry that incompetent people have jobs. Maybe I'm just too professorial for my own good, I've always been told I have a strong work ethic, but fuuuuuck it makes me RAGE when someone has a simple job and can't even fucking do it right. I can remember at least one time where I snapped at someone (as a customer, not a CSR) and asked "why are they even paying you when you can't do your job?". I felt bad that I had to blow up in their face but not at the comments I made. I'm a firm believer in quality customer service because I've been **** on so many times when I don't deserve it, and since I don't deserve that, the people shitting on me don't deserve my HARD EARNED fucking money.

PS where the hell is vudu!?
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2013, 09:21:54 PM »
I had to go back and re-read what I posted to refresh my memory...

and I was mad all over again :moonface:

then I read the resolution

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2013, 01:43:23 PM »
This thread pretty much tells me the ShyGuy killed Vudu.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.