Author Topic: Amazing Deals!  (Read 294531 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: Amazing Deals!
« Reply #400 on: January 17, 2011, 12:56:45 AM »

Some of you are new to the world of cheap gaming.  You don't order the $40 PS3 expecting to get it.  If you do, that's awesome, but you won't.

No, you order it expecting Amazon to send you a $10 gift card for screwing up.  Now, there's about a 50/50 chance that they do, but look at it this way - there are three possible outcomes:

1.) You get a $40 PS3.
2.) You get a $10 Amazon credit that you use to order a DS game at ~33% off.
3.) Nothing.  They cancel your order and you're out nothing.
^exactly, and that's why I didn't pass this up like I normally would.

The only problem is that it's being sold by Target not Amazon, and I'm honestly expecting #3 but really hoping for #1 and will settle for #2 if I can argue for that.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: January 17, 2011, 06:23:51 AM »
I just bought a PS3 ($39.99) from Target through Amazon.com.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009VXAM0/ref=oss_product

I followed your link and got this:

Looking for something?
We're sorry. The Web address you entered is not a functioning page on our site

So it looks like they've realized their mistake and pulled it. If anyone has a functioning link let me know because I'd be glad to get in on this.
is your sanity...

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #402 on: January 17, 2011, 02:02:29 PM »
You are just waaaay too late. they had it up for sale for almost 12 hours and it even made local news all over the place

"Tune it to find out where people are buying PS3's for under $40"
So this whole ordeal has been very very widespread. I hope Sony jumps in and helps Target uphold these since it would be a not only a major sales boost (with HUGE losses for Sony, but why would I care about that?) but lots of positive news and an almost guaranteed 1st place in January NPDs, if that was something Sony cared about.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: January 17, 2011, 05:03:04 PM »
I was alerted to the PS3 listing last night, I considered it, but decided to pass. A deal's only a deal if I actually want the item in question.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #404 on: January 17, 2011, 05:08:03 PM »
Are you serious!?

A PS3 for $40 ($60 w /shipping) is a deal even if you don't want it.
considering you could always sell the system for a minimum of $200 and even then they would think it was a deal because they were still saving $100.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: January 17, 2011, 05:11:46 PM »
There's only a handfull of PS3 games that interest me, though I'd still have to find deals on them in order to get them at the low prices I'd be willing to pay, and I have no use for any of the other features of the PS3 such as Blu-ray and its online components. Also, I don't get into the resell game myself, because that drives up prices of used items by creating artificial demand, and I've been on the losing end of that too many times to do it to others. So I'd rather those $40 PS3s go to people who actually want one.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #406 on: January 17, 2011, 07:12:52 PM »
So I'd rather those $40 PS3s go to people who actually want one.

Many of them will, but many others will go to people who intend to resell them for profit exactly as BnM pointed out.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 07:23:58 PM by Chozo Ghost »
is your sanity...

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #407 on: January 17, 2011, 07:27:33 PM »
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat230000050008&type=category
Buy 2 Get 1 Free @ Best Buy
Buy 2, Get 1 Free
video games $29.99 or more
Add three titles to your collection — and save with this special offer.
Mix and match Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, PSP, Wii or DS titles. Buy two games priced $29.99 or more, and get a third of equal or lesser value free.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: January 17, 2011, 08:40:31 PM »
Just got an e-mail from Target informing me they cancelled my order.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #409 on: January 17, 2011, 09:43:22 PM »
Amazon cancelled.  Oh well.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: January 17, 2011, 10:33:45 PM »
Target cancelled...nothing from Amazon yet. No one is getting these systems, they haven't been in production for 4 years or so. Still though, the Amazon part doesn't say anything about there being a controller, and Target's order confirmation policy isn't listed either.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #411 on: January 17, 2011, 11:04:51 PM »
Quote from: Amazon
Dear Amazon Customer,

We are contacting you regarding your order #XXX-XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX from the Target store at Amazon.com.  We recently became aware of mismatched price and product information which resulted in the discontinued Sony PS3 Hardware System and the PlayStation 3 Move Advanced Shooter Grip being displayed incorrectly.   

We are sorry, but we are unable to offer you either of these items at this time and have canceled your order.  Your credit card was not charged. 
We sincerely regret this inconvenience.

For more details on our pricing and cancellation policy please see Target.com:

http://www.target.com/Pricing-Policy-Pricing-Tax-Information-Ordering-Shipping-Help/b/10824271?ie=UTF8&ref=br_bx_Pricing%20Policy

Sincerely,
Amazon Customer Service
Amazon.com
http://www.Amazon.com

that's what my cancellation looked like.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: January 18, 2011, 12:58:37 AM »
Yeah got the same thing. Amazon sent the same e-mail as Target. Oh well.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #413 on: January 18, 2011, 08:36:42 AM »
Aren't they required by law to sell it to you at that price? There are extensive laws against bait and switch tactics. It might be worthwhile to consult a lawyer or something.
is your sanity...

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #414 on: January 18, 2011, 10:44:45 AM »
But if they cancel your order altogether it is not bait and switch. They also didn't advertise the price. If you go to a store and the price-tag has the wrong price by mistake, you have no legal recourse because you went to the store without knowing that. You can talk to a lawyer, but all that will happen is you will be out some money for consulting them.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #415 on: January 18, 2011, 12:01:53 PM »
If you go to a store and the price-tag has the wrong price by mistake, you have no legal recourse because you went to the store without knowing that.

But I've bought stuff that was priced wrong before, so I know that they are required to do that if you insist on it. Although, it might just be a state law where I live and might not apply to the nation as a whole. But if you guys REALLY want to get the PS3's at that price it might be worth looking into it.
is your sanity...

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: January 19, 2011, 06:46:34 AM »
It could also be store policy to honor the mislabeled price if they want to keep the customer happy. Happened to me several times with certain items.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #417 on: January 20, 2011, 10:36:55 AM »
Learn more

Amazon's $50 promotional credit for the 160gb PS3 appears to be back in effect again, for those of you who missed out on it the first time.

You can use the promotional credit towards their buy 2 get 1 free promotion which is also going on at the moment. That's what I did, and with that I was able to get 3 games and only paid $8.53 when otherwise it would have been like $87 so if you both promotions together it really kicks ass.
is your sanity...

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #419 on: January 23, 2011, 12:46:19 PM »
Kmart has both versions of Dead Space for $9.99

Best Buy has both versions of Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and Medal of Honor for $39.99
Best Buy is also offering $10 off when you buy two select Kinect games or $20 when you buy three. The eligible games are: Game Party: In Motion, Deca Sports Collection, Dance Central, Kinect Sports, Sonic Free Riders, Your Shape: Fitness Evolved, Motion Sports: Play for Real, and Zumba Fitness Party.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline leroypantweather

• Score: -6
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: February 08, 2011, 01:21:41 PM »
atlus games on sale on psn right now... persona 3 portable 19.99,  and many other great games 19.99 or less

Offline ymeegod

• Score: -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: February 16, 2011, 10:59:23 PM »
"persona 3 portable 19.99"  Sweet, though it's PSN.  Wonder if any retailer will match it.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #422 on: February 17, 2011, 10:16:46 AM »
Not amazing, but I got a voucher code for £5 off the BAFTA finalists from GAME. I don't plan to order from them, so anybody else can use it. The games eligible are here: http://www.game.co.uk/lowdown.aspx?lid=15422&cm_mmc=game-_-multi-_-BAFTAVoucher1-_-email

If you want the code, just PM me (it can be used until April 1).

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #423 on: February 18, 2011, 12:35:14 AM »
Alan Wake for less than $10 shipped
http://www.amazon.com/ALAN-WAKE-Full-Game-Download-Code/dp/B004KODHKM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1297998836&sr=8-3

Alan Wake
$1.79 + $7.99 shipping or
$4.29 + $5.49 shipping

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #424 on: February 18, 2011, 01:22:44 PM »
Register @ TellTales Games and get Ep1 of Back to the Future for Free
http://www.telltalegames.com/bttfoffer